PDA

View Full Version : Meat.

DrivenMind
11-10-2008, 11:56 PM
The following video was sent to me earlier tonight. Now I love me all kinds of meat, but there something very simple about how this is presented, and it really is a shame that despite all our fancy techno gadgetry we can't find a way to be at least a little more humane in killing these things. I'm not big on animal rights, but I have no doubt in my mind that alot if not all of those creatures are suffering. Am I just a vagina, because I think it's a little twisted that we actually have people getting paid to body slam pigs to death? Or is this slightly disturbing to anyone else?

Discuss.

www.meat.org/

BKgen®
11-11-2008, 08:54 AM
the video is sad.
but it doesn't make me want a delicious cheeseburger or steak any less.

it takes a special brand of heartless douchebag to do that job.

Ran
11-11-2008, 08:59 AM
I really don't care how an animal is killed unless it affects how it tastes. Like deer. You've got to get a good shot on a deer or else the meat will get tough from when it tries to run away. Other than that, if it doesn't affect the taste then do what you want. Shoot it, blungeon it with a sledgehammer, gas it, I don't care.

LOL @ PETA

Buttons
11-11-2008, 09:00 AM
reason why i don't eat chicken anymore.

Ran
11-11-2008, 09:04 AM
reason why i don't eat chicken anymore.So what do you eat? Rabbit food?

Tiff-O-Bitties
11-11-2008, 09:10 AM
I swear.. I've watched that video before.. It breaks my heart and those workers and facilities are completely inhumane and have serious issues.. Ugh... Now, I wanna eat just veggies, but I'm sure there's a video somewhere about veggie cruelty too... lol.

Ran
11-11-2008, 09:14 AM
This thread makes me hungry. Anyone else feel like a Classic Triple from Wendy's?

BKgen®
11-11-2008, 09:16 AM
This thread makes me hungry. Anyone else feel like a Classic Triple from Wendy's?

*grabs car keys*

*runs out door*

Friggintitsman
11-11-2008, 09:34 AM
It's nice to be on top of the food chain.

Buttons
11-11-2008, 09:37 AM
So what do you eat? Rabbit food?

i don't eat veggies either.

Ran
11-11-2008, 10:00 AM
i don't eat veggies either.Oooookay, so what DO you eat?

Kasper
11-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Sure thats messed up, but think about it, where would we be without meat? have you ever really met someone who eats no meat?! they should have strickter rules on how things are done, but its not like we can do anything about it. Its not gonna make me wanna eat any less. ive always prefered to eat what i kill but thats definitly not gonna stop me from enjoying a milk shake!

Friggintitsman
11-11-2008, 10:23 AM
I see you made it to TCM drivenmind.

nreggie454
11-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Wait, so when I drink milk, I send a baby cow to a life of confinement in order to make veal?

WOOOOOO!!!!! VEAL IS AWESOME!!!!!

MILK AND VEAL PARTY AT MY PLACE!!!!!!

mad3nch1na
11-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Do you have any idea how much more food were to cost if they were to introduce "humane" killing of animals?

I guess they forgot by "humanely" killing animals they are also going to starve many low income families.

Animals are not sentient beings, there is no obligation to treat them humanely especially if they are going in to your stomachs anyway.

Ran
11-11-2008, 11:35 AM
MILK AND VEAL PARTY AT MY PLACE!!!!!!F*CK YEAH! I'M IN!

Nissangeek
11-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I have this funny feeling that this vid was not shot in the US. Either way, I reeeeeally want a cheeseburger!!!

DrivenMind
11-11-2008, 11:57 AM
I prefer the taste of Soy Milk to regular milk, but the shits too damned expensive.

I'm gonna make a steak for dinner. But I don't think it's gonna taste as epic, knowing what a shitty life my dinner lead before it ended up on my grill. Maybe I can import some of those Belgian Blues, who get to fuck, and get ripped, before they end up in the slaughter house.

Buttons
11-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Oooookay, so what DO you eat?

there's not much.

DrivenMind
11-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Soy stuff and fruits Im assuming?

Buttons
11-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Soy stuff and fruits Im assuming?

oh god no. no soy. when i worked at smoothie king, i tried their soy stuff and shit... yucky!

i love sugar (REAL SUGAR) not that fake shit.

i'm eating pepperoni pizza right now from a real pizza place.

Ran
11-11-2008, 12:27 PM
i'm eating pepperoni pizza right now from a real pizza place.So wait, treating/killing pigs and cows inhumanely is okay but doing it to chickens makes you stop eating them? What? :lmfao:

Buttons
11-11-2008, 12:55 PM
So wait, treating/killing pigs and cows inhumanely is okay but doing it to chickens makes you stop eating them? What? :lmfao:

yes.

don't ask.