PDA

View Full Version : help on my prelude

TheAsianSensation
11-10-2008, 10:54 PM
so when i first got the car, it wasnt running. we replaced the battery and it cranked up but it was pretty slow. after about 5 weeks after the new battery the car would crank but not turn over. we replaced the plugs because my dad told me he already put in new wires. ever since the new plugs it cranks but does this weird ass thing in the process. idk how to explain it but it feels like its about to turn over but chokes and chokes until i put in some gas. anybody got suggestions as to what it might be? and also, everytime im stopped or in traffic my check oil light starts to light up. it doesnt flash and the engine starts to hum and shake. then it eventually starts to continuously flash check oil. so i stop my car and check my oil, im nowhere near low and im not overheating but i do see that im leaking oil from my head onto the valve cover. im thinking if i just put a new cap on it wont leak and solve the problem so im thinking of doing that. but im not really sure whadafux is up with that crap. if anyones got any idea please help me out. i dont have the money for a swap but im saving up. sorry for such a long post haha but thanks for any future help :goodjob:

2.2L
04-06-2009, 07:20 PM
cover the basics oil leaks, cracked head gasket, dizzy since you already changed the plug and wires. could be going as far back as needing a new battery if the dizzy hasnt been pulling its load. then move on to cleaning the egr iac pcv.

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258834

url up there is for locating the egr iac pcv. otherwise signup at the forums and try asking there since its more prelude related. but before you make a new post try doing a search or the guys up there including me will start bashing on you.

churn dasher
04-06-2009, 07:54 PM
sounds like it runs at a low rpm could change the fuel filter too and the injectors my old h22 hatch if it got low on oil vtec would cut in and out before the oil light would ever come on