PDA

View Full Version : cutting springs

fieroracer18
11-10-2008, 09:06 PM
i have a set off 2.5" lowering springs on my civic and i wat to go bout 1 or 1.5 inches lower and i just want to cut them.... any rplys on how

Elbow
11-10-2008, 09:06 PM
With a grinder.

But why not just buy some eBay coilovers or something? To cut them, cut a coil off, put it back together, and look, and you better measure and not slack and be lazy or you will FUCK your car up even more.

quickdodgeŽ
11-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Cutting? Lolol. If you're going to "ghetto-ize the springs," you should heat them instead of cut them.

But aren't you in another thread about replacing cv boots and shit? And this is your only transportation? Doing this would be the last thing on my mind in that predicament. My advice is for you not to do anything more to that car. Later, QD.

Elbow
11-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Uhhh....no cutting is def. a LOT smarter then heating springs..............wow...........

FasTech
11-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Uhhh....no cutting is def. a LOT smarter then heating springs..............wow...........

hmmmmm, I wonder whats going to happen with this...haha

quickdodgeŽ
11-10-2008, 09:18 PM
hmmmmm, I wonder whats going to happen with this...haha

Not a thing. He knows I'm right and is just posting randomly again. I don't let his posts get to me. Later, QD.

cobalt9123
11-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Cutting springs?
Jezus Christ. :no:

Thighs
11-10-2008, 09:22 PM
actually there is some truth to what he says. heating the springs hot enough to bend them easily will change the tensile strength of the metal, which changes the spring rate differently based on how much you heat the metal up, making it so that there is no way to get the stiffness of them equal. cutting springs usually removes the dead coils and "progressive" coils of the springs, actually making them stiffer in a pretty even fashion if you do them equally.

either way, modifying the springs themselves is a bad idea. even $30 ebay coilovers are a better option.

JuStCrUzIn
11-10-2008, 09:23 PM
heating the spring changes the spring rate giving it a different ride (bouncy) cutting it (if you dont cut the spring in half) will only change the height and do nothing to the way it rides dont believe me cut one and heat one. i bet you will want to replace the one you heated first. just my :2cents:

cobalt9123
11-10-2008, 09:25 PM
heating the spring changes the spring rate giving it a different ride (bouncy) cutting it (if you dont cut the spring in half) will only change the height and do nothing to the way it rides dont believe me cut one and heat one. i bet you will want to replace the one you heated first. just my :2cents:
Cutting the springs should (and as I've heard) does make the car ride rougher. :thinking:

Thighs
11-10-2008, 09:25 PM

you actually have it more backwards then anything. cutting a spring will stiffen it by usually around ~50lbs/in. heating has the opposite effect.

JuStCrUzIn
11-10-2008, 09:26 PM
if you just cut a coil or two off no, cut it in half yes.

slimm
11-10-2008, 09:27 PM
dude. come on. be real. with the hell you're gonna go threw to cut them, you might as well buy some. matter of fact, i sell parts. if you're interested, PM me. i can drop it the way you want...THE RIGHT WAY. you will DEFINENTLY need a camber adjust kit if you're seriuosly droping your car that hard. you also need another car. driving a car like that daily is not wise. i know. i did it when i was younger!

Thighs
11-10-2008, 09:29 PM
if you just cut a coil or two off no, cut it in half yes.

if you cut any coil out of a spring its gonna be one of the coils on the end of the spring, and those are the softer bits of the spring. cutting those out WILL affect spring rate, making it stiffer or "rougher" as you call it. i see that as a good thing, lowering a car takes away suspension travel and is corrected by stiffening the spring rates to prevent bottoming out.

YokotaS13
if it is a linear spring no, if it is a progressive spring yes
but other things such as shock length and damping curves come into play as well. but regardless

slimm
yall take it easy on the guy. he just needs guidance.

JuStCrUzIn
how is that backwards? you basiclly said what i just said. ja*ckass. you buy springs that lower the center of gravity and STIFFEN the ride so you have less bodyroll right?

JITB
cutting springs on a civic is a serious cop out.. its a civic...there are billions of ways to lower it. The price you pay someone to do it, if you dont do it yourself, you can buy some coilovers on IA.

JuStCrUzIn
11-10-2008, 09:31 PM
yes it is a cheap way out and you shouldnt do it but if you are going to do one of the two cut so you dont get sea sick but dont cut so much you ride on your struts.....

Thighs
11-10-2008, 09:34 PM
if it is a linear spring no, if it is a progressive spring yes
but other things such as shock length and damping curves come into play as well. but regardless

this is all true, but for most basic purposes what i said is correct. most cars have progressive springs and rebound only shocks.

and justcruzin, you said that cutting springs doesnt increase spring rate and that heating does. that my friend, is bass ackwards.

JuStCrUzIn
11-10-2008, 09:36 PM
this is all true, but for most basic purposes what i said is correct. most cars have progressive springs and rebound only shocks.

and justcruzin, you said that cutting springs doesnt increase spring rate and that heating does. that my friend, is bass ackwards.

maybe i didnt make it clear read my post and im done with you now.

Thighs
11-10-2008, 09:39 PM

FALSE.

and doesnt bouncy mean stiffer? i mean, bouncing isnt usually something associated with softer springs. if you put stiffer springs on a stock shock/strut, it bounces because the shock isnt strong enough to keep up with the springs resistance to compression, and it bounces.

why are you getting all butthurt? im just stating facts.

JuStCrUzIn
11-10-2008, 09:41 PM
read again ja*ckass. need i quote myself. maybe i put bouncy maybe i should have put floaty boat like...... or did i kinda alread corect myself in a later post.

Thighs
11-10-2008, 09:43 PM
read again ja*ckass. need i quote myself. maybe i put bouncy maybe i should have put floaty boat like...... or did i kinda alread corect myself in a later post.

once again, no need to get all pissy like a 9th grade girl on the rag. bouncy and floaty are complete opposites. i dont see why you would need to quote yourself, since i just quoted you... that would be sorta redundant.

fieroracer18
11-10-2008, 09:47 PM
ok all i needed was to tell me how to cut like he said just some guidlines or tips i didnt neew yall to argue to ech other ... just like the origanal post says ia want to cut i am doing it myself i put the springs in b4 myself just want to know the right measurment method and whet tyoe of cutting wheel to use on the zip wheel

Thighs
11-10-2008, 09:50 PM
just make sure you cut them all equally, and pay attention to the perches on the struts. if the perch has a step in it for the spring to seat in, make sure it seats when you put the car back down.

JuStCrUzIn
11-10-2008, 09:52 PM
im sorry if im not total up to par on speaking of the ghetto way of doing things, do things right the first time and you wont have to worry about bouncy or floaty im not getting "all 9th grader" im just saying if you do one cut it doesnt change as much as heating does and what happens to a piece of steal when you heat it and then put some kind of weight on it? it breaks right? i know enough about the topic to know whats good and whats not and heating is not the way to go. the way to go dont be cheap but if you dont have anymoney and you want to make you car lower cut them but maybe you should not buy lunch for a week and get some ebays. sorry for the thread jack.

Thighs
11-10-2008, 09:56 PM
im sorry if im not total up to par on speaking of the ghetto way of doing things, do things right the first time and you wont have to worry about bouncy or floaty im not getting "all 9th grader" im just saying if you do one cut it doesnt change as much as heating does and what happens to a piece of steal when you heat it and then put some kind of weight on it? it breaks right? i know enough about the topic to know whats good and whats not and heating is not the way to go. the way to go dont be cheap but if you dont have anymoney and you want to make you car lower cut them but maybe you should not buy lunch for a week and get some ebays. sorry for the thread jack.

actually, if you heat up steel and put weight on it, it bends. it makes it softer, not only while its hot but afterwards it will be slightly softer too. cutting the spring (assuming that it has SOME progressive spring properties) will make it stiffer. the end.

quickdodgeŽ
11-11-2008, 05:38 AM
im just stating facts.

I don't know about all that. Also, I'll take my experiences over someone almost half my age. See I started lowering cars literally before you were born, lolol. I lowered my first car (1980 Datsun 210 SW) in May of 1987. I cut the springs. Took them out and used a zizz wheel on them. At the time, I didn't know about much heating springs. I got a hold of a 1990 Geo Prizm a year and a half later and learned how to heat. I was in love. The ride was so much nicer. Bouncy does mean stiffer, you are right about that. But stiffer isn't always better. Not this kind. I've had close to 20 cars since then and lowered EVERY single one of them by way of heating. I've lowered countless other people's cars the same way. The Neon I had that I won the ATL SCCA class championship in rode on heated springs. Hail, my 79 CVCC is lowered via heated springs. Out of every car I've had (been involved with) over these last 21 years, I've had only ZERO suspension related problems with them.

The only reason why I don't cut springs is because of ride quality.

But I still say that if you can afford to do it right, by all means do it right. I'm old school and I do things with old school "technology." Back in those days, that's how we lowered cars. This was back before after market springs were being made.

Hope that helps on what I see/know. Without trying to "start something" with you. Later, QD.

HachiDori
11-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Cheap way out. Will bust your shocks. Don't do it. Save for coilovers and your can adjust all you want

Black4DrEK
11-11-2008, 09:35 AM
cut them biatches!! I cut my front skunk2 springs just to make the front sit lower then the back!.. its not that bad..

Elbow
11-11-2008, 09:48 AM
I don't know about all that. Also, I'll take my experiences over someone almost half my age. See I started lowering cars literally before you were born, lolol. I lowered my first car (1980 Datsun 210 SW) in May of 1987. I cut the springs. Took them out and used a zizz wheel on them. At the time, I didn't know about much heating springs. I got a hold of a 1990 Geo Prizm a year and a half later and learned how to heat. I was in love. The ride was so much nicer. Bouncy does mean stiffer, you are right about that. But stiffer isn't always better. Not this kind. I've had close to 20 cars since then and lowered EVERY single one of them by way of heating. I've lowered countless other people's cars the same way. The Neon I had that I won the ATL SCCA class championship in rode on heated springs. Hail, my 79 CVCC is lowered via heated springs. Out of every car I've had (been involved with) over these last 21 years, I've had only ZERO suspension related problems with them.

The only reason why I don't cut springs is because of ride quality.

But I still say that if you can afford to do it right, by all means do it right. I'm old school and I do things with old school "technology." Back in those days, that's how we lowered cars. This was back before after market springs were being made.

Hope that helps on what I see/know. Without trying to "start something" with you. Later, QD.

For RIDE QUALITY heated MIGHT be better, but it's a lot more dangerous, and will handle like shit because there is almost no REAL way to measure each rate. I had cut springs on my 240, that I spent like a weekend cutting, measuring, etc in a friends shop, it handeled better overall, and was bouncy sure, but just as bouncy as another friends 240 with coilovers lowered the same amount.

But then again why would you lower a car if you aren't doing it for a performance advantage in some sort?

Not bashing you or anything QD, but in my much higher experience in motorsport then you, and even Thighs as I am sure he knows quite a bit and learns quite a bit all around where he works, I am sticking with cut springs being the better ghetto fab way overall.

scabtastic
11-11-2008, 09:54 AM
i just cut 3/4 a coil out in my ride....back end sat up just a little bit too high.

Logan
11-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Heating the springs changes the integrity of the spring.

I wouldn't do either.

cactusEG
11-11-2008, 10:05 AM
u get what u pay for...

TurboRiceCooker
11-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Cutting? Lolol. If you're going to "ghetto-ize the springs," you should heat them instead of cut them.

But aren't you in another thread about replacing cv boots and shit? And this is your only transportation? Doing this would be the last thing on my mind in that predicament. My advice is for you not to do anything more to that car. Later, QD.

this is the first time i notice you not bashing. so keep up the hard work dude..:bigok: :cheers:

redrumracer
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
with a torch or a cut off wheel

Barefoot
11-11-2008, 05:37 PM
if your going to cheap out dont cut or heat ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-94-95-96-97-HONDA-DEL-SOL-BLUE-COILOVER-SPRING-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1240Q7c66Q3a2 Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a2Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2e c0Q2em14QQhashZitem260312912879QQitemZ260312912879 QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

lol

4drlschick
11-11-2008, 05:45 PM
everyones right they sell cheap coilovers on ebay that ride rough but they would be a lot better on your car than cutting or heating in my opinion. i have a lude out front that we had heated the springs on for some reason and when we took the springs off they literally rolled around in circles they were so bent and broke my axles basically. just my experience.... go with the best way for you but beware that if its your dd you will have to replace a couple things atleast if you ride around for a while. and a camber kit is a must man or you got tires and all that to worry about too.
good luck with whatever decision you make.

quickdodgeŽ
11-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Wasn't able to respond because IA went down as I was actually typing my response. Lolol.

For RIDE QUALITY heated MIGHT be better, but it's a lot more dangerous, and will handle like shit

There is no MIGHT about it. The ride quality IS better. And not nearly as dangerous. And my Neon didn't seem to have any problems coasting to that easy champion spot on heated springs. See a cut spring will make a more stiff, bouncy ride. Would you like to be going through a curve and hit something that may cause you to start bouncing? I wouldn't. You lose all control and will start bouncing straight towards the outside of the curve.

But then again why would you lower a car if you aren't doing it for a performance advantage in some sort?

Oh my, my young little whippersnapper. Tis it to be a loss of experience to not live through a "modification's" history. Lowering cars wasn't always about performance. People were lowering cars, even long before I was born, for just looks.

Not bashing you or anything QD, but in my much higher experience in motorsport then you, and even Thighs as I am sure he knows quite a bit and learns quite a bit all around where he works,

No bash thought of, dude. This is just a discussion...it's all good. I don't doubt that you have more experience than me in motorsports (not that you trying to brag about it impressed me). I will still stick with actual 20 years hands-on experience over a few years of what you have. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
11-12-2008, 06:05 PM
this is the first time i notice you not bashing. so keep up the hard work dude..:bigok: :cheers:

With friends and folks with a brain, I have nice, cool discussions. With people like you, that's impossible. Later, QD.

Elbow
11-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Technically I have 15 years of hands on experience ;)

quickdodgeŽ
11-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Technically I have 15 years of hands on experience ;)

Well then I could do the same thing and go on 35 years or so. But we both know that isn't right. Later, QD.

SiRed94
11-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Just take the springs out, raise the car to where you want it, then weld the shock's piston rod to the cylinder and call it a day. It will be like a go-kart, but a little larger scale.

rmeyer114
11-12-2008, 08:18 PM
dont reccommend cutting springs last owner on my 240 did it and it and the ride SUCKS

RL...
11-12-2008, 08:37 PM
only noobs cut springs

WHen it comes to cars it's better to do things once, than to half ass things and redo it over again.

It saves time and money.

quickdodgeŽ
11-12-2008, 08:39 PM
only noobs cut springs

WHen it comes to cars it's better to do things once, than to half ass things and redo it over again.

It saves time and money.

Ooooooooooooook. Later, QD.

§treet_§peed
11-12-2008, 08:58 PM
IMO listen to what QD and Simmontibett they know what they are talking about.. as far as what i would, i would buy a set of coilovers and not be a cheap ass and risk something happen that could harm others or you...

Elbow
11-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah really buy eBay coilovers it's like $40, and is easier to install.

Thighs
11-12-2008, 09:05 PM
wow, nissantuner said something reasonably intelligent! im impressed.

anyways, QD has good points. heating WILL ride smoother, but on the other hand it CAN compromise the springs integrity and for an inexperienced mechanic, it most likely will not come out perfect. id say cut them. my bmw springs were cut by the P.O., who did a decent job. it sits pretty level and doesnt ride very harsh at all.

Elbow
11-12-2008, 09:07 PM
^Truth, i've ridden in it and it looks good.

Jimmy B
11-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Well, I cut the front springs in my suburban, i cut 3/4 of a coil off to drop the front about 1 more inch. I had already lowered it 4"... I cut, because I have seen heated springs colapase after some time, and if you want to cut aftermatrket springs, most of the time it will only be 1/2-1 coil and no more..

this is not the first time i cut springs, nor will it be the last, but i have rode in heated springs and hated it...

AnthonyF
11-13-2008, 07:45 AM
I see a lot of debate in here about cutting and heating. Heating is better than cutting. PERIOD.

Buying the proper springs and suspension setup is better than everything. Get a nice set of coil overs with the proper springs and you will have a decent ride at whatever height you want.

-Ant.

Elbow
11-13-2008, 07:56 AM
^No it's not. PERIOD. You know back in the day some race teams would cut a little off race springs and play with rates, why wouldn't they heat them?

1moreaccord
11-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Cut is best

Seriously heat? think about the physics of that!

The springs are made of metal.. When you heat metal it goes thru physical change to a more malleable state (depending on temp of heat). That's why the springs "lower".. The metal material is expanding..

When metal is heated it expands and since the mass hasn't changed, then the density is changing.. The density of the metal becomes less..

When you heat springs you are changing the properties of the metal.. IT also becomes more brittle.. = BAD!

antiv6
11-13-2008, 09:58 PM
For the record cutting is better. If the spring is not progressive cutting will not change the spring rate but if you have progressive springs and you cut them the rate will most definitely change. Most lowering springs are progressive.

Thighs
11-13-2008, 10:01 PM
heating ftl. lol

RL...
11-13-2008, 10:05 PM
DOESNT MATTER WHETHER CUTTING OR HEATING SPRINGS IS BETTER. WTF ppl.

Buy some damn springs off ebay for like $100. If you can't spare that much money then you shouldn't be modding cars....PERIOD

:lmfao:

Thighs
11-13-2008, 10:08 PM

Buy some damn springs off ebay for like $100. If you can't spare that much money then you shouldn't be modding cars....PERIOD

IMO, cut springs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cheap springs. i have seen the rates on ebay springs vary as much as 65lbs, and these were all bought in ONE SET.

and a side note, if you cant pick a car thats not a mommy-mobile, you shouldnt be modding cars. dont you have some GTR pics to beat off to?

Elbow
11-13-2008, 10:17 PM

You shouldn't be modding cars without the knowledge on how things work. :no:

RL...
11-13-2008, 10:23 PM
IMO, cut springs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cheap springs. i have seen the rates on ebay springs vary as much as 65lbs, and these were all bought in ONE SET.

and a side note, if you cant pick a car thats not a mommy-mobile, you shouldnt be modding cars. dont you have some GTR pics to beat off to?

you're an idiot

RL...
11-13-2008, 10:25 PM
You shouldn't be modding cars without the knowledge on how things work. :no:

That is an extremely stupid statement, and you have no facts to back up such a claim, so don't confuse yourself with me loser.

Elbow
11-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Well, you are stating dumb opinions in here based off nothing, all your other post show stupidity, you told someone a special brand of an intake was junk, etc. You don't know much, if anything about cars, you are a new breed fanboy, aka F&F got you into it, maybe a magazine article about GTR, maybe a friend with a riced out car trying to pickup girls. Saying I don't know anything is dumb in its own way. I have built many more cars then you, all my jobs involved cars, and so on.

You are obviously a dumb ass, but let the smart people talk, go back outside and play with your fake HID's.

§treet_§peed
11-13-2008, 10:31 PM
IMO Skunk2 or Eibach if this is Honda

Thighs
11-13-2008, 10:33 PM
explain how im an idiot? i mean, for a maxima, yours is pretty clean, and ill give you credit for that. but you have even said yourself on SEVERAL occasions that you dont know that much about cars. one of my good friends (who also drives a max...) has talked to you and he showed you his nismo "high-performance" grounding kit and you asked what it was and told him you didnt really know too much about the technical/mechanical side of cars.

and simon is correct. my facts are backing his statement up.

and as far as the comment about the mommy mobile and humping GTRs was all in good humor. its just teh internetz. if you cant take a joke you REALLY need to stay off IA. :goodjob:

Elbow
11-13-2008, 10:34 PM
if you cant take a joke you REALLY need to stay off IA. :goodjob:

He failed at that quite a while ago ;)

RL...
11-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Well, you are stating dumb opinions in here based off nothing, all your other post show stupidity, you told someone a special brand of an intake was junk, etc. You don't know much, if anything about cars, you are a new breed fanboy, aka F&F got you into it, maybe a magazine article about GTR, maybe a friend with a riced out car trying to pickup girls. Saying I don't know anything is dumb in its own way. I have built many more cars then you, all my jobs involved cars, and so on.

You are obviously a dumb ass, but let the smart people talk, go back outside and play with your fake HID's.

First, you're a loser.

Second, you probably do know more about cars than me and blah blah blah. I don't know a lot, but my knowledge grows with each mod I do, and I've went from changing brakes to swapping out my suspension, etc..Nothing major, but things take time.....

And I told another maxima owner that an injen CAI for his car is juck, why did I say that? Because the so called injen cai sits directly behind the radiator and is in no way a cai for our cars, in fact he would lose a few hp from it.

And my opinion about cut springs isn't based on nothing, it's fact. It is better/safer to buy aftermarket springs than to cut/heat them. Anyone who does such a thing should be slapped, and ppl whouldn't take such half-assed spproaches to modding their cars. But hey, since you obviously approve of half assing cars, more power to you loser.

RL...
11-13-2008, 10:41 PM
explain how im an idiot? i mean, for a maxima, yours is pretty clean, and ill give you credit for that. but you have even said yourself on SEVERAL occasions that you dont know that much about cars. one of my good friends (who also drives a max...) has talked to you and he showed you his nismo "high-performance" grounding kit and you asked what it was and told him you didnt really know too much about the technical/mechanical side of cars.

and simon is correct. my facts are backing his statement up.

and as far as the comment about the mommy mobile and humping GTRs was all in good humor. its just teh internetz. if you cant take a joke you REALLY need to stay off IA. :goodjob:

I don't know a lot about cars....and thanks

And about the idiot comment, it's all in good humor. its just teh internetz. if you cant take a joke you REALLY need to stay off IA. :goodjob:

Elbow
11-13-2008, 10:42 PM
First, you're a loser.

Second, you probably do know more about cars than me and blah blah blah. I don't know a lot, but my knowledge grows with each mod I do, and I've went from changing brakes to swapping out my suspension, etc..Nothing major, but things take time.....

And I told another maxima owner that an injen CAI for his car is juck, why did I say that? Because the so called injen cai sits directly behind the radiator and is in no way a cai for our cars, in fact he would lose a few hp from it.

And my opinion about cut springs isn't based on nothing, it's fact. It is better/safer to buy aftermarket springs than to cut/heat them. Anyone who does such a thing should be slapped, and ppl whouldn't take such half-assed spproaches to modding their cars. But hey, since you obviously approve of half assing cars, more power to you loser.

Did anyone in here say cutting or heating was BETTER then buying springs? Truth is though some cut springs, are equally just as good as some cheap springs. But like I said, buying some springs off eBay is also the much easier way out vs cutting or heating. Cool I didn't know that about the Injen CAI. I'm not going to cry and say you are wrong. You calling me a loser for....don't know what makes you seem like a complete dumb ass which everyone here already thinks you are.

§treet_§peed
11-13-2008, 10:43 PM
how about you shut the fuck up before i ban you noobcake..

Thighs
11-13-2008, 10:47 PM
First, you're a loser.

1. stop saying "loser". you sound like a 5th grader.
2. there is NOTHING wrong with cut springs. there is nothing unsafe about cut springs. obviously, an aftermarket spring would be the best choice, but only from a QUALITY brand, such as eibach, tien, h&r, etc. honestly, ill keep my cut springs over a no-name ebay spring ANY day. if you knew how many competitive race cars have cut springs on them, you would be VERY surprised. you gained a littel respect admitting that you dont know much about cars, but this seems to be a topic you dont have much experience in to back up your comments.

now go fuck a GTR in the tailpipe.

RL...
11-13-2008, 11:04 PM
you guys are funny

when I say springs from ebay I assumed name brand with it such tein or eibach, because I don't consider no name springs an option, maybe because I don't like to half ass my suspension? Much like how I bought my tein springs off of ebay.

But apparently I'm wrong, and everyone should cut their springs like race cars do.......:thinking:

§treet_§peed
11-13-2008, 11:13 PM
wow an intelligent post... im amazed and stunned

benny.boom
11-13-2008, 11:32 PM
this thread is garbage...

quickdodgeŽ
11-14-2008, 05:31 AM
To the newcomers (not you Simon and Thighs....I'm talking to the newer folks in this and the proven moron) that say heating springs is the worst way out, you obviously haven't read my posts. And there is nothing you can TYPE that will override my 20+ years of ACTUAL EXPERIENCE. SO throw all the "facts" that you can "think" of and I'll keep getting my propane torches out. Later, QD.

Elbow
11-14-2008, 08:13 AM
you guys are funny

when I say springs from ebay I assumed name brand with it such tein or eibach, because I don't consider no name springs an option, maybe because I don't like to half ass my suspension? Much like how I bought my tein springs off of ebay.

But apparently I'm wrong, and everyone should cut their springs like race cars do.......:thinking:

You sure they are real Tein springs? :lmfao: Because eBay is KING of selling fake Tein springs. BTW Tein isn't that great, especially their springs. I have them on my car, and HATEEE them.

RL...
11-15-2008, 12:35 PM
You sure they are real Tein springs? :lmfao: Because eBay is KING of selling fake Tein springs. BTW Tein isn't that great, especially their springs. I have them on my car, and HATEEE them.

I know they're are a lot of fake teins going around on ebay, and mine are authentic. I like my tein springs a lot, sucks you don't like yours.

DC2NR
11-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Well if you are going to ghetto rig that car, you might as well just ride on nothing but shocks. lol

eBay ftw ........ well for you.

VickNotic
11-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Well if you are going to ghetto rig that car, you might as well just ride on nothing but shocks. lol

eBay ftw ........ well for you.

+1

Theycall_Metue
11-15-2008, 10:40 PM
go with smaller rims? :thinking::thinking: