PDA

View Full Version : Misc COD5

Alan®
11-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Thoughts Opinions. I like some didn't think it would be great but overall it ain't too bad.Graphics are pretty god. Seems like they took some stuff from the last one and carried it over. Haven't got online yet but will prolly do that tommorow

MachNU
11-10-2008, 06:23 PM
yeah still am not planning on getting it, just for the story mode. beta sucked, and thats about all it took!

JDMjoe
11-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Game is awesome playing right now! on ps3... played a little of the story mode and im playing online now. Levels are huge!

x Resilience
11-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I love it, everything about it.

thecrazyone
11-10-2008, 09:01 PM
COD4 < COD5, been playing the beta for like 2 weeks now, got up to top 300, and since i pre ordered it, get the M1A1 carbine from the get go. :D

antiv6
11-10-2008, 09:19 PM
been playing this for like 3 hours lol, online is cool but you have to get to level 18 to do hardcore mode which is what i play so ive been doing pretty crappy on regular team deathmatch. My k/d is still 2.7 or something though:D. Single player is bad ass the level where you start on the boat at the beginning is sick. Definitely better than i expected single player wise. :goodjob:
Gamertag: Antiv6 SVTftw

JDMjoe
11-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Yeah i only play hardcore too... im glad they have a lot more hardcore options this time. Is your gamer tag for ps3 or xbox

antiv6
11-10-2008, 10:46 PM
xbox

Nex
11-10-2008, 11:24 PM
i played the beta on 360 live. i liked it. it's the same gameplay as part 4 modern warfare. im getting it that's all i can say.

Dr.G35
11-11-2008, 05:08 AM
i like it a lot!! i will pwn all you fools!! j/k but really, i will. :D xI DRIP Ix

VQ35 Star
11-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Got this yesterday shits awesome! But help me! I'm playing single on campaign and I'm on the Russian part, I killed the sniper (after 400 tries) and now i'm in the burning building, I have to crawl and shit but right when I get to the stairs to go up I burn to death? This is on veteran(hardest)

Alan®
11-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Got this yesterday shits awesome! But help me! I'm playing single on campaign and I'm on the Russian part, I killed the sniper (after 400 tries) and now i'm in the burning building, I have to crawl and shit but right when I get to the stairs to go up I burn to death? This is on veteran(hardest)
hmm IDK. I just beat the game today

americanctm
11-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Got it yesterday with Antiv6 and i love it. The story mode is interesting and keeps you involved... and the multiplayer is great. Gamertag: Amerianctm10

Drip come show me you will own me :0 lol later

Alan®
11-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Who else like the airplane part. I thought that was cool.

Nismo
11-11-2008, 05:54 PM
so is it better than the beta was? That shit sucked hardcore the beta did. I hated it. Is the actual game much better now? Glitches all gone? Rofl-mutts still?

VQ35 Star
11-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Yea glitches are gone. THe maps for multiplayers are frickin SWEET. there are a lot of small maps too like vacant on COD4, But much more detail to the maps. THere are also more ways to play online like, playing co-op with ppl online, you can play competitive to see who scores the highest points in a campaign level, or just play it like it is single player but with more ppl, but it sucks when your stuck with a bunch of noobs and you have to revive them every 5 min. when you play on veteran, lol.

13Bracer
11-13-2008, 12:29 PM
damn game is nuts...awesome thats for sure..
just really been doing multiplayer...
almost about to prestige...:D

Vteckidd
11-13-2008, 12:31 PM
is it as short as COD4?

13Bracer
11-13-2008, 12:50 PM
havent finished the campain yet..
but its hard as hell on veteran dont see myself finishing it anytime soon..lol

oh and zombie mode is fun as hell

Alan®
11-13-2008, 12:58 PM
is it as short as COD4?
Yea it's about the same.

VQ35 Star
11-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Veteran on cod5 seems way more harder than cod4 veteran. Mainly the jap part the german part is pretty hard, but the japs omg. BANZAIIIII

Dirty Octopus™
11-13-2008, 04:50 PM
how is the multiplayer online copared to COD4?

Dirty Octopus™
11-13-2008, 04:52 PM
i know they're taken place during a different time period and all but how is the gameplay? is it any funner? or just the same game played at a different time period?

1SOL2NV
11-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Yea it's about the same. no the campaign is longer ... and dont be braggin about your leaderboard rank in the beta i had everyone beat ... i like the online but the story is BADASS !!! i love where u get to snipe that one guy .. shit was bad ass !!! slow motion snipe then blood jus goes everywhere in slo mo ... i cant stand the juggernaut cuz u can kill someone faster with it than stopping power and the game being new right now there are WAYYYYYYY to many scrubs playing . ill stick to campaign and guitar hero . peace .

VQ35 Star
11-13-2008, 05:22 PM
i love where u get to snipe that one guy .. shit was bad ass !!! slow motion snipe then blood jus goes everywhere in slo mo ...

DUDE the russian part? LOL I killed his body gaurd and him in 1 shot right when he popped out behind that tank, shit was EPIC!

Chuckster
11-14-2008, 06:41 AM
Just bought it last night and overall I think its better then 4. Only played 2-3 missions on solo. Online is where its at, you get tanks and dogs. Shit is crazy!

VQ35 Star
11-14-2008, 02:00 PM
lol, i love running around and sniping the machine gunner ontop of the tank, lolol.

The more I play this online the better it gets, the maps are soooo fucking big and crazy. I esp. love the one i think its called downfall? its the russians vs nazis.

Frög
11-15-2008, 10:25 AM
btw its not cod 5, cod 5 will be coming out later.

cod waw is awesome, better than cod4 imo..

Alan®
11-15-2008, 01:45 PM
btw its not cod 5, cod 5 will be coming out later.

cod waw is awesome, better than cod4 imo..
Yea I guess your right. I cant decide if its better than COD4 or not though.

VQ35 Star
11-17-2008, 04:05 PM
dude...veteran is hard as hell in this game, I can't pass the downfall part where the russians take Berlin and you have to blow up 4 of the big 88 guns. I've died about 300 times trying to pass that part, fucking unlimited nazi spawns and 8 grenades are thrown at you every 5 sec. :(

this is 2nd to last level too! I want to play zombie mod!! and you can only unlock it if you beat the game.

Schugg
11-17-2008, 04:19 PM
veteran pissed me off a few times on cod4, from the looks of it its going to on this game too....ill buy it eventually..

VQ35 Star
11-18-2008, 02:51 PM
dude veteran on cod4 isn't as bad as veteran on cod5. they have perfected the grenade toss back in the game also, you will literally play hot potatoes with the japs until it blows up. not only that, the toss grenades at you nonstop, i don't think i have ever been shot to death, only blown up many times.

Schugg
11-18-2008, 04:49 PM
dude veteran on cod4 isn't as bad as veteran on cod5. they have perfected the grenade toss back in the game also, you will literally play hot potatoes with the japs until it blows up. not only that, the toss grenades at you nonstop, i don't think i have ever been shot to death, only blown up many times.

yeah on cod4 the only time i had a problem with that is when your waiting for the chopper at the carnival grounds or whatever. other times it was just i wouldn't take my time. i still never beat the mile high club mission on veteran, that more of its not hard to beat, just hard to figure out exactly what the routine and timing of what they want you to do to get through is. looks like ill be having some fun on this one if its harder!

Schugg
11-18-2008, 10:18 PM
got it today, havent played the campaign but online seems pretty cool. i say its pretty equal to cod4, i just dont like the wwII scenery/guns as much. dogs are cool, and artillery seems alot better than airstrikes did.

VQ35 Star
11-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Online is fun as hell. I can't wait to get the kar98 I love the bolt-action rifles.

VQ35 Star
11-19-2008, 01:17 PM
yeah on cod4 the only time i had a problem with that is when your waiting for the chopper at the carnival grounds or whatever. other times it was just i wouldn't take my time. i still never beat the mile high club mission on veteran, that more of its not hard to beat, just hard to figure out exactly what the routine and timing of what they want you to do to get through is. looks like ill be having some fun on this one if its harder!

Yea the carnival part was hard, not only waiting for the chopper but also trying to get to the chopper was hard as hell. I just played the c4s where they spawned and some close by and just waited.

I've finally passed the part where you have to blow up the four 88 guns, shits hard you have to keep rushing or the nazis keep respawning, now I'm stuck on the part right after you blow them up, trying to get up the stairs into the parlament building. :(

TheProfiteer
11-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Its not COD5!!

World At War is not even developed by the same people who made COD4

COD 1, 2, and 4 were developed by Infinity Ward.

The piece of shit COD3 was developed by Treyarch, and now it seems they developed another piece of shit game, I downloaded the game for free, and deleted within minutes of playing. If you were stupid enough to pay $50 bucks for a WW2 COD4 mod thats not even that good, well than your a dumbass.

now Gears 2, thats a badass game.

VQ35 Star
11-19-2008, 03:22 PM
lol gears 2? are you kidding me, now THAT was a rip-off, lololol

see where this is going? It all a matter of opinion whether or not you like the game, so there was no reason to call people a dumbass for a game they bought and like.

TheProfiteer
11-19-2008, 03:32 PM
lol gears 2? are you kidding me, now THAT was a rip-off, lololol

see where this is going? It all a matter of opinion whether or not you like the game, so there was no reason to call people a dumbass for a game they bought and like.

yeah your right I went a little too far on the whole dumbass thing.

but gears of war 2 is so much better than WaW

WaW just feels like a cheap rip off WW2 mod of COD4. Which technically thats exactly what it is, Treyarch took Infinity Wards engine, reskinned it, added some really horrible and disjointed missions (granted they were a bit interesting since very few other games did the pacific front) threw together the exact same multiplayer, and then charged $50 bucks for it.

Gears has better multiplayer, better campaign, better graphics, better sound engine.

VQ35 Star
11-19-2008, 04:06 PM
ehhh, i actually like WaW much better than cod4 and think that the maps are very well thought out, it makes it feel more wwIIish bc of the disorientated feeling you get and the enemy can be anywhere anytime you know? in cod4 you pretty much knew where the enemy would spawn next and could guess where they would be when UAV wasn't activated.

WHen I play gears2 to me it feels just like the 1st one with new maps and improved graphics/sound. The exact same thing you said about WaW, but i'm saying it about gears2, different strokes for different folks I guess. OH and I have nothing against gears, i loved the 1st one, just think they could of done better with the 2nd one.

We are comparing a 3rd person shooter to a 1st person shooter with different scenario aliens vs humans/ wwII. why are we comparing the 2 again?

Schugg
11-19-2008, 11:11 PM
COD4 was a good enough of a game to play it again on WAW with a WWII scene. i was actually happy once i found it its pretty much the same game just a different story/theme.

allmotoronly
11-20-2008, 01:20 PM
my xbox died....

my wife's dacschund chewed one of the controller charging cables and apparently shorted something out. now it won't turn on....

Oh well it's still under warranty lol.
I think I'll go to walmart, buy a new xbox, and return it (90 day return policy ftw!) when mine comes back from microsoft...

Revmaynard
11-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I thought it completely sucked, honestly. I tried Beta and the real game. In the new releases GOW2>CODWOW. COD4>CODWOW in the series.

stillaneon
11-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Who all is on this and whats your gamer tags?

The list doesnt show this game....

stillaneon
11-20-2008, 02:16 PM
yeah your right I went a little too far on the whole dumbass thing.

but gears of war 2 is so much better than WaW

WaW just feels like a cheap rip off WW2 mod of COD4. Which technically thats exactly what it is, Treyarch took Infinity Wards engine, reskinned it, added some really horrible and disjointed missions (granted they were a bit interesting since very few other games did the pacific front) threw together the exact same multiplayer, and then charged $50 bucks for it.

Gears has better multiplayer, better campaign, better graphics, better sound engine.

The controls for Gears sucks ass