PDA

View Full Version : military guys only

dohc4.6sc
11-09-2008, 07:16 PM
has any of you ever been to ft. knox KY, for BCT?

Alan®
11-09-2008, 08:05 PM
My family was stationed there. What are you looking to know and I can ask my dad.

redrumracer
11-09-2008, 08:06 PM
My family was stationed there. What are you looking to know and I can ask my dad.
id assume he wants to know about BCT there. just a guess tho

dohc4.6sc
11-09-2008, 08:08 PM

well pretty much just how hardcore is basic, i know its gonna be cold as balls cause i leave for bct jan 6th. j/w how it is there really. barracks kinda comfortable? ect.

Alan®
11-09-2008, 08:09 PM
id assume he wants to know about BCT there. just a guess tho
I was looking for specifics which he gave :goodjob: .

DOHC I'll ask him when he frees up.

dohc4.6sc
11-09-2008, 08:11 PM
I was looking for specifics which he gave :goodjob: .

DOHC I'll ask him when he frees up.

check reps.

Dietcoke
11-09-2008, 10:10 PM
It's going to be cold as birdshitfuck. You're going freeze your balls off. There's no women on knox, and I suppose it could be considered maginally more stressful then other bct... but it's not hard. BCT today is a joke.

(active duty e5 at benning, went to bct at knox 4yr ago)

Pickleteg
11-09-2008, 10:16 PM
I am active duty Army Staff Sergeant stationed at Hunter AAF in Savannah. I have not been to Fort Knox but basic training is pretty much the same everywhere (I went to Fort Benning).

Hmm...as far as BCT life it is really quite easy..you just do what the DS tells you with no lip and your time is done in no time.

You will sleep good every night...trust me. You will be so tired you will have no choice LOL.

Some advice....

If you are not in decent shape...try to get there now. It will make your life tons easier if you do. If you can run a 7:30 mile and run 3 miles without stopping and do more than 30-40 push-up you will have no issues with PT there.

Uhm...any other questions just give me a holler....

§treet_§peed
11-09-2008, 10:22 PM
has got cheezeburger?

Alan®
11-09-2008, 10:23 PM
It's going to be cold as birdshitfuck. You're going freeze your balls off. There's no women on knox, and I suppose it could be considered maginally more stressful then other bct... but it's not hard. BCT today is a joke.

(active duty e5 at benning, went to bct at knox 4yr ago)
Yea thats basically what my old man said. Also said to thank your lucky stars that you weren't there about 15 years ago.

Also says good luck :goodjob:

tat2darmygrl
11-09-2008, 11:16 PM
has any of you ever been to ft. knox KY, for BCT?

Basic Training is EASY....I haven't been to Ft. Knox though....I'm sure it will be cold though.

I was in Basic about 8 years ago....it was easy then and I'm sure it's easy now. My little sister's boyfriend just got out of Basic and from what he tells me....it seems like it has changed a bit since I was there. Enjoy it though. You'll meet awesome people, I had a blast. Are you going Active, Reserve, or National Guard? I'm Reserve, did a year in Baghdad, and re-upping this week for another 6.

ultm8mind
11-11-2008, 03:34 PM
BCT is not that bad. Don't sweat it.....

Friggintitsman
11-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Ft Leonardwood Mo

Of course that was 10 years ago. It's a cake walk man.

SmackedInATL
11-11-2008, 03:50 PM
BCT are Ft. Leonard Wood, MO...was easy. Just do what you are told and avoid the privates that will get you in trouble.

Friggintitsman
11-11-2008, 03:53 PM
BCT are Ft. Leonard Wood, MO...was easy. Just do what you are told and avoid the privates that will get you in trouble.

For real I was a ghost at BCT.... AIT on the other hand I was always causing trouble.

dohc4.6sc
11-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Basic Training is EASY....I haven't been to Ft. Knox though....I'm sure it will be cold though.

I was in Basic about 8 years ago....it was easy then and I'm sure it's easy now. My little sister's boyfriend just got out of Basic and from what he tells me....it seems like it has changed a bit since I was there. Enjoy it though. You'll meet awesome people, I had a blast. Are you going Active, Reserve, or National Guard? I'm Reserve, did a year in Baghdad, and re-upping this week for another 6.

I'm National Guard, but i went with the active first program. I have to do 4 years active first then i get a choice to stay active or be National Guard.

NAIZBST
11-13-2008, 12:28 AM
I am active duty Army Staff Sergeant stationed at Hunter AAF in Savannah. I have not been to Fort Knox but basic training is pretty much the same everywhere (I went to Fort Benning).

Hmm...as far as BCT life it is really quite easy..you just do what the DS tells you with no lip and your time is done in no time.

You will sleep good every night...trust me. You will be so tired you will have no choice LOL.

Some advice....

If you are not in decent shape...try to get there now. It will make your life tons easier if you do. If you can run a 7:30 mile and run 3 miles without stopping and do more than 30-40 push-up you will have no issues with PT there.

Uhm...any other questions just give me a holler....

QFT :goodjob:

Sil-8ty
11-13-2008, 12:48 AM
well pretty much just how hardcore is basic, i know its gonna be cold as balls cause i leave for bct jan 6th. j/w how it is there really. barracks kinda comfortable? ect.

holy shit is a small world ima go to fort knox on jan 6 too.........!!!!!!!!!!!

ultm8mind
11-13-2008, 02:28 AM
Wow you guys should go together, lol. Hey if anyone else wants to use me as a reference, and say I referred you to the recruiter you'd be the shiznit......

willum14pb
11-13-2008, 05:33 AM
it will be cold, very cold, and as far as i can remember there's not any women.. but no basic is hard.. basic is a walk in the park, any fatty can pass it now a days.

Pickleteg
11-13-2008, 06:26 AM
Shoot...use me and I will give you half of what they give me LOL

Ran
11-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Sorry dude but I can't help you here. I did my BCT at Benning.

NAIZBST
11-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Sorry dude but I can't help you here. I did my BCT at Benning.

what were you in the Loli military?

Xrated O.G.
11-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Well BCT in general is a joke these days. I went OSUT @ Knox many many moons ago. These days you will have it sooooo easy its ridiculous. You wont even be in the old Reception Battalion anymore. You will be in what they now call the "Disney Barracks". Contrary to popular belief there are alot of women on Knoxs these days. For the majority it is mixed gender training. You'll have a laundry service that will come by the barracks to pick up any uniforms you want professionally cleaned. They will install any patches and rankings you may recieve while your there. You will have a laundry area in the latrine area for you to do your own laundry as well. Its basically a cake walk these days to join the service. Had you of enlisted back when I went in, it would be a whole other story. You should be good to go. The only thing I can warn you of is PT in the morning snow in just your sweat suit and road marching up Agony and down Misery. If no one has told you about that you will find out when you get there.

ultm8mind
11-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Regardless of where you go it is the same TRADOC ciriculum, Benning, Jackson, Knox, Leonard Wood, etc. I hear females are in all places where there is basic now, YES EVEN BENNING. Damn shame what happened to the Army the past 9+ years I've been in. But hey, I can't complain E-3 to E-7, now Warrant. Life is good. Oh yeah, about the reference for recruiter thing, I'll get you a cut too, LOL.

tony
11-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Well BCT in general is a joke these days. I went OSUT @ Knox many many moons ago. These days you will have it sooooo easy its ridiculous. You wont even be in the old Reception Battalion anymore. You will be in what they now call the "Disney Barracks". Contrary to popular belief there are alot of women on Knoxs these days. For the majority it is mixed gender training. You'll have a laundry service that will come by the barracks to pick up any uniforms you want professionally cleaned. They will install any patches and rankings you may recieve while your there. You will have a laundry area in the latrine area for you to do your own laundry as well. Its basically a cake walk these days to join the service. Had you of enlisted back when I went in, it would be a whole other story. You should be good to go. The only thing I can warn you of is PT in the morning snow in just your sweat suit and road marching up Agony and down Misery. If no one has told you about that you will find out when you get there.

The fuck? Please tell me thats not true.

Xrated O.G.
11-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Got no reason to blow smoke up your ass..... True story...

tony
11-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Got no reason to blow smoke up your ass..... True story...

Sounds no worse if not slightly easier than Air Force BMT