PDA

View Full Version : Someone Help with fog light install 99 civic

1sikcvc
11-09-2008, 03:07 PM
ok so i have the foglights on the front bumper installed, the wires ran through the firewall, the switch hooked up and the wire running from the switch. the two grounds are done and i have 2 wires left. one red and one white. both have the same connector on them. can someone help me? one is supposed to go into the harness from the foglights themselves i get that but which one? and the other goes where? please help me. i'm getting frustrated and the honda black and white install intructions aren't helping at all

phuoc_dat
11-09-2008, 08:07 PM
goes in the one of the fuse slot. check ur fuse box you should see it.

1sikcvc
11-09-2008, 08:36 PM
yeah i meant to say: ps- i don't have an interior fuse cover... could anyone look at theirs and tell me what wire ( the white one i'd guess) goes where?

Motivation
11-09-2008, 09:28 PM
I would say that the red one goes to a power source and the white one be ran to the fog lights...

1sikcvc
11-10-2008, 12:54 AM
i'll try that tomorrow and see what happens. thanks. i figured the same but i wanted to see if anyone that's done this before knew exactly what to do. but i will definently try that since i got a second guess at it.

1sikcvc
11-16-2008, 09:57 PM
still need a little help. hooked the white wire to the fog lights, the red one into the fuse panel and got a light from the switch to ome on. now, when i click the switch though, i get nothing from the fogs. no lights. am i missing something? i connected the other wire into the blue one on the back of the fuse panel. anyone with thoughts?

slimm
11-17-2008, 09:49 AM
where are you located. i couldnt tell you unless i look at it. let me know and we can possibly meet somewhere to get you hooked up right.

1sikcvc
11-19-2008, 09:01 PM
i don't think anyone on here could meet up with me. i'm in augusta and still need help with the wiring.

slimm
11-21-2008, 05:26 PM
dang mane. aight, just do this; run one of your wires from a 12V source to your switch. a wire from your switch to the lights. the light themselve should be grounded to the car. running your power through a relay would be a lot better. also make sure you have a fuse on your system.

1sikcvc
11-21-2008, 07:56 PM
thanks. i've done all that and still can't get them to come on and they are brand new. has a fuse, ground, power, plugged in the wire to the fuse box and the wire on the back of the fuse box to the fogs themselves like it says to do. i need someone who has done this before and remembers the color of the wires that went where.

slimm
11-22-2008, 01:11 PM
the wire colors are not always the same with after market fog lights. i guess i shoulda asked you to beging with if they are aftermarket lights. are they?

1sikcvc
11-22-2008, 03:48 PM
no no stock oem.

slimm
11-22-2008, 04:57 PM
ah. gotcha