PDA

View Full Version : got killed

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Probably for the best as i knew i was getting in the wrong crowd.

cop > me.

promised the wife i would never take it to the street again. Sorry all, this is the point i grow up from KF. and focus on what is more important to me. the wife, and kid coming.

Hopefully lawyer mod will cut me a break but ill probably be made an example of.

Anyway

charges:
112 in a 65
Racing

thx for the good times but you got to pay to play.

P.S. gwinnett pd have some tricked out under-covers so be careful. alot of people got busted last night.

Thighs
11-09-2008, 02:56 PM
that sucks man. that exactly the reason i dont race though. at least you are taking responsibility for your actions. i hate when people get pissed and blame the cop for pulling them over for racing.

good luck man. get a good lawyer.

cr0m3kid
11-09-2008, 03:01 PM
oh man i saw your car getting toed that day... damn bro they took your license?

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 03:01 PM
oh man i saw your car getting toed that day... damn bro they took your license?

not yet, court is dec 22. I did sit in jail for 12 hours.

I didnt even hit 100 though, he guestimated by the cop cam.

OnURleft
11-09-2008, 03:04 PM
This is why you have to be one of my good friends convincing me none stop to even get me to consider the thought of street racing in some random place. If I do say yes, it's probably out in the middle of nowhere pasture land or on an empty highway with cars spotting infront and behind. People don't understand how much there life will change if they get caught. RRutter did you not have safety cars????? I couldn't believe you'd race without cars checking the area. Also, I will never race in Gwinnett. That's a given. Sucks man...

Tell us more? Who got screwed, what did the cop say and did you get arrested?

TIGERJC
11-09-2008, 03:31 PM
did use safety. when the all clear was given we went. the officer had just gotten off the other exit to nail it. We also had scouts ahead as well. It was a precise hit man, nothing u could do.

someone wanted me pretty bad, since i overheard the officer talk to his officer spotter buddy.

kinda pissed they confiscated methanol in the trunk as evidence.
sounds like u met g net race division

UBERGRMN
11-09-2008, 03:36 PM
did the cop LOL at your lambo doors? hahahhahaha

SloWRX
11-09-2008, 03:58 PM
P.S. gwinnett pd have some tricked out under-covers so be careful. alot of people got busted last night.

what was he driving? or was it just a regular police car that pulled u over

tdurr
11-09-2008, 04:00 PM
^^^ lol ur wrong for that uber....

RJ's325ITS
11-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh dude I'm so sorry, this really suck!

What I've learn from experience that:

They have to be able to proof behond doubt that you where going XXXmph
If they charge you for going 125mph and they review you were going 100mph you are not guilty period! b/c they said 125 and you were actually driving at 100mph.
If they did not get the other guy to say that you were racing then, it will be a matter of opinion. The cop sill testify that see believe see you racing and you will say that you were accelerating profusely. That by any means you and the "other" guy were trying to find out how had the fastest car (no competition, no race).
If you get a lawyer familiar with the charges will give you heads up in getting a good reduce sentence or even to dismissed the case.

Most lawyer want to get your money easy by getting you a deal were they do not work for the money, and the court like them for not trying hard enough.

Remember that all evidence can be review by your lawyer, and all existent evidence has to be sited in the court records prior to trial; so do not let them scare you by the typical "we have it on video" or "we have a cop that saw you racing" all that could be true, if the subpoena the witness (cop that saw you) and enter all the evidence into the system.

I hope that helps.... I know you might be asking your self millions of questions...

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

One time a friend of mine was driving at about 100mph when other driver in driving a Camaro trying to do a fly by passed a cop at over 100mph; at that point the cop chase the Camaro and thought that my friend was racing the Camaro.

The cop pulled over my friend for racing or getting into an "act" of attempting to proof hows car was faster.... Case was dismissed later on.

Is very hard to proof that you were racing, unless they can proof an stablish start/end and identify the vehicles/drivers. Or by someone saying "I'm sorry I was racing" :thinking: but who would do that, right?

ed_gm90
11-09-2008, 05:22 PM
did your car get towed? i thought i saw it last night on 85-N

346ciSS
11-09-2008, 05:26 PM
That sucks! Good luck

Lankhoss
11-09-2008, 06:27 PM
That sucks.

The "drag racing" violation is such a sticky situation. It's really up to interpretation, so I imagine it's hard to defend. When it comes to court systems, they're basically going to take the cop's word. It's pretty much impossible to prove someone was racing.......which means it's just as difficult to prove you weren't.

Cops can "guess" your speed without using a radar, and you can still be fined for it. I didn't think that was the case, but was talking with an officer who said they are "trained" to judge speeds and that will hold up in court (I also know people who have gotten tickets from this sorta thing).

Everyone knows the risks of doing this sort of thing. Sucks you got busted, but it also comes with the territory. I hope this doesn't affect your family too badly.

SmackedInATL
11-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Damn. Sucks to hear. What time were you out?

Ronsam2006
11-09-2008, 07:32 PM
So sad to hear this happen to you man. In a way, maybe it was meant to be, not the ticket part, just you quitting racing, since you have a kid coming up and all. Don't and I mean DON'T let them charge you for racing. That's just an additional charge to that speeding charge. But you live and you learn, good thing that you realized it's time for you to quit.

David88vert
11-09-2008, 08:04 PM
You need to have this entire thread deleted immediately. They would have no problem using this thread in court as an admission of guilt. Please get a mod to erase all posts in here immediately. Only talk to your lawyer about this.

Lankhoss
11-09-2008, 08:07 PM
You need to have this entire thread deleted immediately. They would have no problem using this thread in court as an admission of guilt. Please get a mod to erase all posts in here immediately. Only talk to your lawyer about this.

I haven't seen where he has said he was street racing. He just said he got a ticket for 112, but never got over 100.

Ronsam2006
11-09-2008, 08:09 PM
I haven't seen where he has said he was street racing. He just said he got a ticket for 112, but never got over 100.
Very true.

Got Milk?
11-09-2008, 08:13 PM
^^

what he said.

Motivation
11-09-2008, 08:15 PM
this post has been deleted. ;)

roche
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Motivation is right. I'd delete this asap

Tech5
11-09-2008, 08:35 PM
yup delete this I agree!

Mr.DA9
11-09-2008, 08:43 PM
^x544598548957138 lol

hydroshutter
11-09-2008, 08:43 PM
"Your Honor, I was only in 3rd gear whenever I was pulled over, my top speed in that gear is blablabla, no way I was going that fast"

SpooL'DGsR
11-09-2008, 08:45 PM
well i got similar charges three years ago::
1.wreckless driving
2.racing
3.fleeing and aluding(sp)

i thought "well thats it for me", but got a really good lawyer( a walton county judge) and all my charges were dropped , kept my lincense, and did 40 hours community service. good luck. it might not be that bad

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 09:10 PM
well i got similar charges three years ago::
1.wreckless driving
2.racing
3.fleeing and aluding(sp)

i thought "well thats it for me", but got a really good lawyer( a walton county judge) and all my charges were dropped , kept my lincense, and did 40 hours community service. good luck. it might not be that bad

hmmm may need that lawyer. I only have a few good leads.

btw keep an eye out for the white STI(they can easily change it), there are some others. Eitherway, dont take the chance imo.

yungdz
11-09-2008, 09:26 PM
hmmm may need that lawyer. I only have a few good leads.

btw keep an eye out for the white STI(they can easily change it), there are some others. Eitherway, dont take the chance imo.

white sti? Do u mean the one that comes to the Sonic meets?

I was gonna come out and play last night, glad I stayed home. All u can do is hope for the best man.

blake06gto
11-09-2008, 09:27 PM
are u still gonna go out to the meets?... once all of us get our cars runnin we'll get some nights at the track

blake06gto
11-09-2008, 09:28 PM
did the white sti have a siren in it? if so i think ive heard thats a police officer that comes and hangs out off duty with friends... i could be wrong.

yungdz
11-09-2008, 09:33 PM
did the white sti have a siren in it? if so i think ive heard thats a police officer that comes and hangs out off duty with friends... i could be wrong.

Thats my friend Greg. He's a deputy Sherriff and works in the jail. You don't have to worry about him.

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 09:37 PM
are u still gonna go out to the meets?... once all of us get our cars runnin we'll get some nights at the track

dunno yet, blake, u and the crew have been VERY real man. Was cool to hear you guys were there ready to take my car back even though it was impounded before you guys got there. Nothing but love for you guys but I dont know what im going to do yet as far as meets go. I have no problem keeping with my friends, but as far as meets go, not really my thing to go off and get dogged by my lambos, chrome rims etc and just get involved in some sort of spat to prove it being quick.

I have half of mind to sell all my mods, go to stock, and forget everyone here. time will tell. be careful guys.

Thats my friend Greg. He's a deputy Sherriff and works in the jail. You don't have to worry about him.

i heard this same thing before i got arrested. I cant confirm it is him tho.

blake06gto
11-09-2008, 09:43 PM
ah man dont let the mod ragging get ya down, we down everyone's cars. u already heard my opinions.. get those black wheels and u got it rockin. lol.

yungdz
11-09-2008, 09:54 PM
i heard this same thing before i got arrested. I cant confirm it is him tho.

it wasn't Greg. He's not Gwinnet PD. What kind of car stopped you? Who was with you?

Whiteboy572
11-09-2008, 09:57 PM
This reminds me of a song "F#*k the po po" by cory smith :goodjob:

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 09:58 PM
it wasn't Greg. He's not Gwinnet PD. What kind of car stopped you? Who was with you?

some mexican (really) with his dad's heavily modified mustang GT with DRs. Regular gwinnett pd got me, badge 823. He was a cool guy though. I liked him and he hit home on some things he said. He has my respect. His friend that was evidently a "spotter" for the meet came in after but didnt get any info. I didnt like he tried to nail me for a 120 when that is what he was doing to catch up on the cam and decided to give us 8 below what he did.....seemed a bit flawed in clocking.

I had my hptuners connected to prove that i didnt go above 100 but when they impounded it they removed my blackbox and turned the laptop off before saving.

my advice: dont trust anyone.

blake06gto
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM
i remember a week or 2 ago up at bp when the gwinnett cop was sittin a couple lanes over talkin to some guys then he got a call or somethin and took off and then this newer model accord completely unmarked took off right behind him.. seemed quite fishy.

SleepingTalon
11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Well, just get a lawyer man. I just went to court last week for 99 in a 45. 54mph over speed limit! I paid my lawyer, who has gotten me out of MUCH worse charges than this, and all it netted me was 1k dollar fine, and 6pts on my license. Everything will depend on how good your driving record was prior to this incident. Trust me.

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Well, just get a lawyer man. I just went to court last week for 99 in a 45. 54mph over speed limit! I paid my lawyer, who has gotten me out of MUCH worse charges than this, and all it netted me was 1k dollar fine, and 6pts on my license. Everything will depend on how good your driving record was prior to this incident. Trust me.

clean driving record here man(7 years), no wreck 1 ticket speeding on the way to florida this year. 87 in a 75.

SleepingTalon
11-09-2008, 10:10 PM
clean driving record here man, no wreck or tickets.

Oh shit, you'll be fine then man. Don't worry about it. Are you over 21? If so, you're in the clear. You're gonna get a heavy fine, and a bunch of points, but you'll be ok. No matter what, just remember, and this is what my lawyer told me, no matter what the traffic charges are, they still have to PROVE it.

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Oh shit, you'll be fine then man. Don't worry about it. Are you over 21? If so, you're in the clear. You're gonna get a heavy fine, and a bunch of points, but you'll be ok. No matter what, just remember, and this is what my lawyer told me, no matter what the traffic charges are, they still have to PROVE it.

btw thx to the regular assholes for not dogging me for not outrunning or something dumb like that.

All in all we all love cars?

Just be safe and careful.

SleepingTalon
11-09-2008, 10:15 PM

btw thx to the regular assholes for not dogging me for not outrunning or something dumb like that.

All in all we all love cars?

Just be safe and careful.

You need to go get a lawyer and you'll be good to go. Clean driving record and being of age will get you out of this no problem. Trust me, you're good to go.

Member31410
A guy I know got pulled over for racing last night too in Gwinnett. All he got was a verbal warning and a handshake. The only traffic citation he ever received was back in 1998 and it was for speeding. Boy, I got lucky. I mean, my buddy got lucky.

blake06gto
do u ever get the meth kit back?

MachNU
11-09-2008, 10:16 PM
But heres the thing. The cops can say that you where doing that speed, and its just as viable as hitting you with a laser. Its a military term for judging someones speed by the eye. Hell i had a state trooper do it to me, last year for a ticket. Also a little hint, the lines on the road can also be used to judge your speed on video. I know that for a fact. But dude a lawyer will be what you need, and since your 26/27 with a clean record you probably wont lose your license, but you are looking down the barel of a huge fine/points and most liekly community service.

But this is a huge reason why i just take it to the track. $20 for all the running you want to do!

Whiteboy572
11-09-2008, 10:17 PM
But heres the thing. The cops can say that you where doing that speed, and its just as viable as hitting you with a laser. Its a military term for judging someones speed by the eye. Hell i had a state trooper do it to me, last year for a ticket. Also a little hint, the lines on the road can also be used to judge your speed on video. I know that for a fact. But dude a lawyer will be what you need, and since your 26/27 with a clean record you probably wont lose your license, but you are looking down the barel of a huge fine/points and most liekly community service.

But this is a huge reason why i just take it to the track. $20 for all the running you want to do!

+1 :goodjob:

blake06gto
11-09-2008, 10:18 PM
unless its commerce then its 20 dollars for all the racing they let u do (2 runs lol)

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 10:19 PM

x2^^^^ keep the grudges at the track, ive seen alot of crackdowns and some people i know on this site were in the same cell with me.

do u ever get the meth kit back?

dont think they had time to remove the pump and the methanol was in the windshield tank :ninja:. Just removed the nozzle/line/extra methanol in the trunk.

MachNU
11-09-2008, 10:19 PM
unless its commerce then its 20 dollars for all the racing they let u do (2 runs lol)

LOL you where there friday night weren you? i lost my fucking rain check ticket! :(

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 10:21 PM
LOL you where there friday night weren you? i lost my fucking rain check ticket! :(

mine is in the glovebox

blake06gto
11-09-2008, 10:22 PM
nah i wasnt there... its just seems that way most weekends ive ever gone.

MachNU
11-09-2008, 10:23 PM
mine is in the glovebox

you where there friday night? wow i really wasnt paying attention to the cars there! :(

rrutter81
you where there friday night? wow i really wasnt paying attention to the cars there! :(

lol ive been TRYING TO GO FOR THE PAST 4 MONTHS!!!!!!!!

MachNU
nah i wasnt there... its just seems that way most weekends ive ever gone.

ah we got rained out, when i was staging for my 3rd run! not a good night though it was drizzling on and off, so the track was wet the whole way down! :(

MachNU
11-09-2008, 10:24 PM

lol got to wait another 4, the next fast friday is in march!

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 10:25 PM
lol got to wait another 4, the next fast friday is in march!

next 2-3 will be lawyer-mod so guess itll have to wait.

Whiteboy572
11-09-2008, 10:25 PM

I saw you leaving. We went to waffle house afterwords. I got 2 runs in and still have my rain check for next year! :goodjob:

blake06gto
11-09-2008, 10:26 PM
gives me some time to save up for a clutch, tires, etc.

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 10:27 PM
I saw you leaving. We went to waffle house afterwords. I got 2 runs in and still have my rain check for next year! :goodjob:

times? just curious, i know it was slick.

Ronsam2006
11-09-2008, 10:34 PM
A guy I know got pulled over for racing last night too in Gwinnett. All he got was a verbal warning and a handshake. The only traffic citation he ever received was back in 1998 and it was for speeding. Boy, I got lucky. I mean, my buddy got lucky.
Haha...that's funny, because I...I mean my buddy was right behind your buddy when he got pulled over.

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Haha...that's funny, because I...I mean my buddy was right behind your buddy when he got pulled over.

guess some people are lucky...others arent.

Ronsam2006
11-09-2008, 10:39 PM
guess some people are lucky...others arent.
Don't worry man, I have a feeling that if you hadn't gotten a ticket, this thread would have never existed. Probably even another callout thread. I also have a good feeling that you will be alright at court.

Nubz
11-09-2008, 10:40 PM
http://www.gwinnettcountysheriff.com/asp/imageone_stage2.asp?target=%202008083357

hes not lyin

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Don't worry man, I have a feeling that if you hadn't gotten a ticket, this thread would have never existed. Probably even another callout thread. I also have a good feeling that you will be alright at court.

appreciate it man, but things happen for the right reasons. maybe it was a wakeup call for me to grow up. Anyway i dont care the price of the lawyer, finding a good one is the rough part. If anyone has a kick-ass traffic lawyer lemme know the number.

$$$$ isnt an issue.

On_Her_Face
11-09-2008, 10:44 PM
shit after my scare, i rarely play around anymore. i got pulled over out of 4 cars and got let go for some reason.

MachNU
11-09-2008, 10:45 PM
http://www.gwinnettcountysheriff.com/asp/imageone_stage2.asp?target=%202008083357

hes not lyin

LOL not being mean but is it just me or does rutter full name rhyme?

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Russ Rutter

MachNU
11-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Russ Rutter

Newton Russ Rutter :lmfao: i dont now might be the few beers i have had giving it that just slightly funny sound!

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Newton Russ Rutter :lmfao: i dont now might be the few beers i have had giving it that just slightly funny sound!

lol

Newton Russell Rutter IV

neway laugh it up all u want, i cant help what i was born with....however i am a sexy beast in that mug shot.

MachNU
11-09-2008, 10:56 PM
lol

Newton Russell Rutter IV

neway laugh it up all u want, i cant help what i was born with....however i am a sexy beast in that mug shot.

LOL the russell rutter just had me rolling! not saying its a bad name, just ryhmes for some funny reason!

you should have popped your collar before the shot! :lmfao:

redrumracer
11-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Russ Rutter
so thats why your name has 2 r's and 2 t's, i thought maybe you just had a stuttering problem and you decided to let it carry over to the keyboard.

MachNU
11-09-2008, 10:58 PM
so thats why your name has 2 r's and 2 t's, i thought maybe you just had a stuttering problem and you decided to let it carry over to the keyboard.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to redrumracer again.

rrutter81
11-09-2008, 10:59 PM

tt-t-ttt-tt-that too butters :P

neway be safe guys im out. got work in the morning.

BE CAREFUL out there.

Dont be like me. I wish i had a mom or dad to live with to support my ass during a crisis.

OnURleft
11-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Rutter, what car pulled you over?

collins
11-10-2008, 12:11 AM
tt-t-ttt-tt-that too butters :P

see!! now ur rollin with the joke! lol.

anyways man, sorry u got pulled. that really sucks. i'll pm u my lawyer's info.. he's gotten me out some sticky situations with little on the books.

UpSideDownDesi
11-10-2008, 02:57 PM
gwinnett is not a place to run on weekends, heck anyday. Sorry to hear about your situation.