PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea i want to throw out there, see what yall think

blacknightteg
11-09-2008, 09:32 AM
ok, so i actually presented this idea to Paul a few days ago. maybe a week what ever. but i wanted to see what you all thought. Especially the photographers on this site. What I proposed to Paul the idea of having an events section on the homepage. Basically cataloging and showing what we as a site do in the scene and or community. Whether it be meets, shows, races, charity events etc. i think it would be something that may help draw in members and help this site grow. The problem that persists is the picture part. Paul did not want to have to go throw the trouble of trying to create or type up something and have to constantly ask for permission from all the photographers on this site. So i just wanted to throw that idea out there and see what you all on the site thought. if it seems ludicrous then please disregard but yeah just thought i would throw the idea out there.

Kourt
11-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Use the pictures without asking them, internet=public property unless other wise stated.

blacknightteg
11-09-2008, 10:09 AM
i know thats why i brought this thread up to present the idea. im not saying do it with out asking, i dont think you read my thread properly.

Kourt
11-09-2008, 10:10 AM
i know thats why i brought this thread up to present the idea. im not saying do it with out asking, i dont think you read my thread properly.
Haha I know you didnt say do it without asking.... I did though...

blacknightteg
11-09-2008, 10:19 AM
well then why post up an opinion that wasn't even stated in the thread. i posted up the thread soley because of that point

346ciSS
11-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm brand new to this forum, but it sounds like a good idea :goodjob:
As well as maybe videos? Like SVTperformance.

blacknightteg
11-09-2008, 10:40 AM
well i already mentioned to one of the photographers that tried out a video thing of the v to mention to paul about it and how it would be a cool idea. he liked the idea abut the video so i don't see why it wouldnt be an idea that would not work.

quickdodgeŽ
11-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Use the pictures without asking them, internet=public property unless other wise stated.

There's this thing called courtesy. Seems with your name would lend a clue as to the invent of the word. Maybe you've never heard of it. Later, QD.

blacknightteg
11-09-2008, 10:46 AM
There's this thing called courtesy. Seems with your name would lend a clue as to the invent of the word. Maybe you've never heard of it. Later, QD.

haha Mike, i don't know if I should thank you for that or be like "wtf does that mean" lol. But regardless, thanks, I think? lol.

teh bri
11-09-2008, 10:51 AM
ok, so i actually presented this idea to Paul a few days ago. maybe a week what ever. but i wanted to see what you all thought. Especially the photographers on this site. What I proposed to Paul the idea of having an events section on the homepage. Basically cataloging and showing what we as a site do in the scene and or community. Whether it be meets, shows, races, charity events etc. i think it would be something that may help draw in members and help this site grow. The problem that persists is the picture part. Paul did not want to have to go throw the trouble of trying to create or type up something and have to constantly ask for permission from all the photographers on this site. So i just wanted to throw that idea out there and see what you all on the site thought. if it seems ludicrous then please disregard but yeah just thought i would throw the idea out there.

I think it's a really good idea. :goodjob:

A.P. Photography
11-09-2008, 11:05 AM

LOL if you have an extra $150k then go ahead since that is the max fine that can be imposed for illegal use of a copyrighted work unless we are talking commercially then it can be more. A photo taken by a photographer is copyrighted from the moment it is created. It doesn't have to be stated and internet does not = public property.

blacknightteg
11-09-2008, 11:11 AM
LOL if you have an extra $150k then go ahead since that is the max fine that can be imposed for illegal use of a copyrighted work unless we are talking commercially then it can be more. A photo taken by a photographer is copyrighted from the moment it is created. It doesn't have to be stated and internet does not = public property.

this is exactly why i posted the thread. it was to bring and or present the idea out there to not only the normal people of IA but also the photographers of the website to see if the idea might be of some interest. if i am wrong in doing so then i apologize. but yea.

A.P. Photography
11-09-2008, 11:16 AM
No you are straight in presenting it. I am sure there are some photogs on here that would be more than willing to share use of their photos on the site in exchange for their name posted as credit. There are a few photogs on here that are good at car shots and scene coverage so it would be a good platform for them to use.

What I propose to help paul out is to get a couple of people who are good at writing to team up with a couple of photogs and cover it that way. Then you have a photog to do the photos and someone to write up the story about what it is being photographed. You would be handing Paul a completed project and all he would have to do is format it and post it to the site. Would save him a ton of time and keep the site up to date a lot more.

quickdodgeŽ
11-09-2008, 11:18 AM
What I propose to help paul out is to get a couple of people who are good at writing

"Hmmmm," said one of IA's most prolific writers. Later, QD.

blacknightteg
11-09-2008, 11:19 AM
No you are straight in presenting it. I am sure there are some photogs on here that would be more than willing to share use of their photos on the site in exchange for their name posted as credit. There are a few photogs on here that are good at car shots and scene coverage so it would be a good platform for them to use.

What I propose to help paul out is to get a couple of people who are good at writing to team up with a couple of photogs and cover it that way. Then you have a photog to do the photos and someone to write up the story about what it is being photographed. You would be handing Paul a completed project and all he would have to do is format it and post it to the site. Would save him a ton of time and keep the site up to date a lot more.

thats exactly what i had in mind. i think it would be something that we could really use as a site to help spark interest in the site and spread the word of IA.

A.P. Photography
11-09-2008, 11:22 AM
"Hmmmm," said one of IA's most prolific writers. Later, QD.

Mike I def. think that you would be able to write some great articles that would be informative and entertaining. :goodjob:

blacknightteg
11-09-2008, 11:27 AM
definetly

.blank cd
11-09-2008, 11:36 AM
I wouldnt mind taking pics or writing.

quickdodgeŽ
11-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Mike I def. think that you would be able to write some great articles that would be informative and entertaining. :goodjob:

Thank you for that recommendation. I appreciate that.

definetly

Thank you as well. Later, QD.

savincent
11-09-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't expect to be thanked as well. But I too believe having QD writing articles would be great. Hell, just reading 90% of his posts? I either learn something, or laugh at a funny joke/burn.

DrivenMind
11-09-2008, 05:12 PM

Wrong dipshit. Aside from being down right disrespectful, a photographer owns all rights to their creative works.

Just because it's on the INTERNETs doesn't mean it's free.