PDA

View Full Version : new whip (non import) fucc

allmotorX
11-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Had it not long i love it 4dr ftw. I had to think outside of hondas and well decided to get one of these. Been wanting one for awhile now!!:camera: its stock btw:ninja: im going to lower it asap. Its an 05 btw acr edition

x Resilience
11-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Neons suck.

Nice upgrade tho.

allmotorX
11-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Neons suck.

Nice upgrade tho.lol thanks i use to think they sucked as well

twinj
11-08-2008, 08:27 PM
im going to lower it asap
:goodjob: :goodjob:

Z33_kid
11-08-2008, 08:30 PM
damn those rims ewww u didnt get the stock one's ?

allmotorX
11-08-2008, 08:34 PM
damn those rims ewww u didnt get the stock one's ?na , but they look way better i person

Got Milk?
11-08-2008, 09:11 PM
The only reason i hate on neons is cus my mom owned one and she said they suck.

g/l with it

CHADbee
11-08-2008, 09:11 PM
saw this on autotrader, its got a good amount of miles on it but im sure you got a good deal. sucks it doesnt have the factory BBS wheels though.

SEAN
11-08-2008, 09:44 PM
congrats on the new ride...allot of bang for the buck though allot of peeps will hate on it for being a neon...I got mine 2 years ago back in ATL and still enjoying it...you will love it dropped...

SloWRX
11-08-2008, 10:04 PM
still a neon... lol j/k. nice upgrade bro

blackshine007
11-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Lester actually got a Neon...... Well, I can say it's an upgrade to that last car, lol...... JK....maybe :ninja: When you gonna let me drive it?

allmotorX
11-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Lester actually got a Neon...... Well, I can say it's an upgrade to that last car, lol...... JK....maybe :ninja: When you gonna let me drive it?whenever you want to and yes it is an upgrade from 200whp to x20whp lol

amandDA
11-08-2008, 11:54 PM
looks nice!!! 4 doe FTW!

Mr. Clean
11-08-2008, 11:54 PM
gah does that thing of skyjacker suspension lol.

looks pretty clean, please keep us updated on the lowering.

allmotorX
11-09-2008, 12:53 AM
gah does that thing of skyjacker suspension lol.

looks pretty clean, please keep us updated on the lowering.:lmfao: yeah your right and i will as soon as im done

blackshine007
11-09-2008, 07:49 AM
:lmfao: yeah your right and i will as soon as im done
Les, don't touch that suspension. That's an ACR. The suspension is already set up. Lowering it will only make it handle worse. You lower a regular SRT. You don't lower an ACR. The car looks good the way it is and you don't need anyone who drives a car with known CV axle issues (after lowering, of course) telling you to lower it to please them.

blackshine007
11-09-2008, 07:57 AM
:lmfao: yeah your right and i will as soon as im done
Les, don't touch that suspension. That's an ACR. The suspension is already set up. Lowering it will only make it handle worse. You lower a regular SRT. You don't lower an ACR. The car looks good the way it is and you don't need anyone who drives a car with known CV axle issues (after lowering, of course) telling you to lower it to please them.

allmotorX
11-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Les, don't touch that suspension. That's an ACR. The suspension is already set up. Lowering it will only make it handle worse. You lower a regular SRT. You don't lower an ACR. The car looks good the way it is and you don't need anyone who drives a car with known CV axle issues (after lowering, of course) telling you to lower it to please them.hmm you actually have a point :goodjob:

CHADbee
11-09-2008, 09:53 AM
the only thing different in acr suspension is adjustable shocks. lower the car for the love of god, it will handle fine. if you can afford it you can pick up a used set of BC coilovers for around 600 bucks. if you can afford those go with the eibachs springs. if you ever need any advice on the car just shoot me a PM. i know these cars better than my ballsack....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1haNK5gsdZQ

blackshine007
11-09-2008, 10:16 AM
the only thing different in acr suspension is adjustable shocks. lower the car for the love of god, it will handle fine. if you can afford it you can pick up a used set of BC coilovers for around 600 bucks. if you can afford those go with the eibachs springs. if you ever need any advice on the car just shoot me a PM. i know these cars better than my ballsack....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1haNK5gsdZQ
Why would you ever buy anyone's used coilovers? I think that's about the same and buying someone's used underwear. Most of the time (unless it was never installed) the shock absorbers are worn out on those used coil overs and would be a waste of money. And besides, coilovers on a street car is a waste of money unless you actually autoX the car. Which means setting up the suspension properly means taking it to a shop that would specialize in 4 corner balancing with the driver in it. Just installing specialty parts just for "looks" is the worst thing you can do to your car/wallet. Just plain stupid.

black_e92
11-09-2008, 10:22 AM
nice srt4... put the stock wheels on though and take the wing off

CHADbee
11-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Why would you ever buy anyone's used coilovers? I think that's about the same and buying someone's used underwear. Most of the time (unless it was never installed) the shock absorbers are worn out on those used coil overs and would be a waste of money. And besides, coilovers on a street car is a waste of money unless you actually autoX the car. Which means setting up the suspension properly means taking it to a shop that would specialize in 4 corner balancing with the driver in it. Just installing specialty parts just for "looks" is the worst thing you can do to your car/wallet. Just plain stupid.
cause it saves money, i didnt mean buy a set that have been on a car for 80k miles, you can find good deals on coilovers that people bought 2 months ago and now are trading their car in. they dont go out with in two months! i wouldnt own a SRT4 again without coilovers and its not for the looks. these cars with their iron block and raked stance tend to have the ass end slide around on you, the weight distribution HORRIBLE and with springs they still have that raked stance. i cant tell you how many people have wreaked their cars(including me) with the rear sliding around, and thats something very difficult to correct. daily driving you can even the car out, IF you autoX you have a better set-up suspension, IF you drag race you can jack the rear back up to put more weight on the front for better traction. not stupid at all, actually very smart :D

id also suggest the hotchkis sway bars they help alot with the SRT-4.

blackshine007
11-09-2008, 11:06 AM
cause it saves money
You only save money if you didn't spend it in the first place :D

i wouldnt own a SRT4 again without coilovers and its not for the looks. these cars with their iron block and raked stance tend to have the ass end slide around on you, the weight distribution HORRIBLE and with springs they still have that raked stance. i cant tell you how many people have wreaked their cars(including me) with the rear sliding around, and thats something very difficult to correct. daily driving you can even the car out, IF you autoX you have a better set-up suspension, IF you drag race you can jack the rear back up to put more weight on the front for better traction. not stupid at all, actually very smart :D

Actually, it's all in the suspension tuning. SRT4's from the factory have the same weight distribution as the first gen Neons and the 3rd gen integra's. They also have more toe out in the rear which is good for getting in and out of corners faster. Having toe in would help in straight line stabilty and kinda numbs up the handling a bit but it not quite at the limit of adhesion to the point that it's gonna come around. On a FWD vehicle with a good set of tires at all 4 corners, it's impossible for the rear end to come out unless you do 2 things..... lifting off the throttle while hard into it or touching the brakes.

CHADbee
11-09-2008, 12:03 PM
sorry for the thread jack.

allmotorX
11-09-2008, 02:24 PM
sorry for the thread jack.its all good no problem

tdurr
11-09-2008, 03:39 PM
noice.

Hayes21890
11-09-2008, 03:39 PM
not too shabby

allmotorX
11-09-2008, 05:17 PM
thanks everybody!

allmotorX
11-09-2008, 05:19 PM
finally 1000 post

mokiely420
11-09-2008, 08:42 PM
damn i saw that bitch on auto trader. i was goin to take a look at it this week. congrats on the purchase tho.

Dwisforme05
11-09-2008, 08:43 PM
i love those things, they are like go-karts on crack.

Siverprobegt
11-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Looks good..I saw one today running mid 11's@122-126mph,with a 16g and 20psi :D He also had allot of tricks too :ninja:

allmotorX
11-09-2008, 09:58 PM
i love those things, they are like go-karts on crack.lol you're right about that

allmotorX
11-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Looks good..I saw one today running mid 11's@122-126mph,with a 16g and 20psi :D He also had allot of tricks too :ninja:when we gone run

jadakid88
11-09-2008, 10:20 PM
just let it go, this man is speaking from experience.
You only save money if you didn't spend it in the first place :D

Actually, it's all in the suspension tuning. SRT4's from the factory have the same weight distribution as the first gen Neons and the 3rd gen integra's. They also have more toe out in the rear which is good for getting in and out of corners faster. Having toe in would help in straight line stabilty and kinda numbs up the handling a bit but it not quite at the limit of adhesion to the point that it's gonna come around. On a FWD vehicle with a good set of tires at all 4 corners, it's impossible for the rear end to come out unless you do 2 things..... lifting off the throttle while hard into it or touching the brakes.

jadakid88
11-09-2008, 10:20 PM
and nice pick up les :goodjob:

allmotorX
11-09-2008, 10:21 PM
and nice pick up les :goodjob:thanks my dude hey you need to come get this filter 10 bucks takes it

jadakid88
11-09-2008, 10:24 PM
hit me up in the am 6784573292
thanks my dude hey you need to come get this filter 10 bucks takes it

allmotorX
11-09-2008, 10:25 PM
aight

blackboi50
11-09-2008, 10:36 PM
welcome to the mopar family!!!!:goodjob:.........1

collins
11-10-2008, 12:36 AM
sigh... u joined the darkside... LOL congrats man! have fun with it... with the right work put into it, those things can be beastly!

jerseyef9
11-10-2008, 05:05 PM
my brother doin great things now
AND Accept No Defeat lol fag its we takin ova

blackshine007
11-10-2008, 06:54 PM
just let it go, this man is speaking from experience.
You must think I'm some sort of n00b. What makes you think I don't have any experience?

CHADbee
11-10-2008, 07:20 PM
this is me normally(yes i know that im still ugly)
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/chadbee123/Copyofmeatcomtuorchaircopy.jpg

this is me after i wreaked my srt4
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/chadbee123/meneonwreak.jpg

THATS GAWD DAMN EXPERIENCE. READING SHIT ON THE INTERNET ISNT FUCKIN EXPERIENCE.

you have never owned a SRT4, i have. you are not on srtforums to read about somebody wreaking their car everyday cause of the rear end sliding out, i am.

all im doing is passing on some knowledge that i have about that car i learned in the 2 years i owned mine. all im trying to do is help but you wanna debate on how he shouldnt upgrade his suspension to make the car safer. that is what you are doing right? trying to e-fight cause i said he should upgrade his suspension to make it safer. thats so selfish, youd rather win an e-battle but this man doesnt learn that his car has a tendency for the ass to slide out and learn what he can do to make it safer. thats fucked up.

WTF?
11-10-2008, 07:40 PM
this is me normally(yes i know that im still ugly)
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/chadbee123/Copyofmeatcomtuorchaircopy.jpg

this is me after i wreaked my srt4
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/chadbee123/meneonwreak.jpg

THATS GAWD DAMN EXPERIENCE. READING SHIT ON THE INTERNET ISNT FUCKIN EXPERIENCE.

you have never owned a SRT4, i have. you are not on srtforums to read about somebody wreaking their car everyday cause of the rear end sliding out, i am.

all im doing is passing on some knowledge that i have about that car i learned in the 2 years i owned mine. all im trying to do is help but you wanna debate on how he shouldnt upgrade his suspension to make the car safer. that is what you are doing right? trying to e-fight cause i said he should upgrade his suspension to make it safer. thats so selfish, youd rather win an e-battle but this man doesnt learn that his car has a tendency for the ass to slide out and learn what he can do to make it safer. thats fucked up.

X2 on everything this man has said and coilovers > lowering springs if i could i would go the other route but i was being cheap and they were a gift and if you think that the stock suspension is better then one with a coilover setup then go onto srtforums and read up there is almost one weekly on people wreaking there car cause the ass end came out on them now i will add that lowering a acr is not the same a a regular srt being that have a little different anyways good pick up have fun modding and let us know how everything turns out :goodjob:

allmotorX
11-10-2008, 07:45 PM
^^will do

blackshine007
11-10-2008, 07:46 PM
^^Actually, it's no e battle, pimp. My car has the same tendency for the tail end to come out as yours. The only difference like I said is suspension settings. I told you that the rear is set up for getting slightly loose which is good for experienced drivers who know how to deal with counter steer and throttle control. Those who don't know how to deal with those challenges crash trying to hang with their friends in faster cars. All I was saying is that if you change your toe to positive (.25 total) on the rear and get the camber kit and adjust the camber to about -1.5 degrees then that will reduce your chance of having the rear end come out on you due to hitting the brake or letting off the gas in the middle of a corner.

CHADbee
11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
^^Actually, it's no e battle, pimp. My car has the same tendency for the tail end to come out as yours. The only difference like I said is suspension settings. I told you that the rear is set up for getting slightly loose which is good for experienced drivers who know how to deal with counter steer and throttle control. Those who don't know how to deal with those challenges crash trying to hang with their friends in faster cars. All I was saying is that if you change your toe to positive (.25 total) on the rear and get the camber kit and adjust the camber to about -1.5 degrees then that will reduce your chance of having the rear end come out on you due to hitting the brake or letting off the gas in the middle of a corner.

you say dont touch the factory suspension here...

i say just buy coilovers, take the car for a proper alignment, install sway bars and strut tower bars to help prevent the car from reacting the way its prone too if he does let off the throttle in the middle of a corner.

in the end he will do what he wants, so im done with this thread.

blackshine007
11-10-2008, 08:23 PM
you say dont touch the factory suspension here...

I said don't touch as in get rid of the shocks and springs. I never said anything about not touching the toe and camber. Almost every car has an adjustable suspension to an extent. But if he decides to waste his money buying coilovers because of willingness to reset the stock suspension to better suite his driving habits, then so be it. An alignment to different specs is the way to having a nuetral(sp?) handling car. Maybe you can get away with setting the car up to stock Neon specs since you don't hear of the same thing happening to them.