PDA

View Full Version : Jensen Fold Out No Sound On CD?

03RCode
11-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I recently acquired a Jensen fold out monitor. Well I went to hook it up today, and when its on tuner it will play distortion through all the speakers (no radio reception at my house), but when you put in a CD it all goes quiet? No sound comes through at all. It loads the CD fine, and says its playing but cannot get sound. I used a wiring harness from my car I picked up from the local audio store, and connected it how it says, but no sound. Any ideas?

b@d @pple
11-08-2008, 01:35 PM
sounds like you are powering a factory amplifier witha power antenna lead..use remote turn on or ignition power

03RCode
11-08-2008, 02:00 PM
sounds like you are powering a factory amplifier witha power antenna lead..use remote turn on or ignition power

You are the fucking man. Problem solved. Wiring harness said to run the factory amp power wire to the power antenna, I never thought about the fact that it'd lose power when switched to cd. Thanks a ton +4 to you.

b@d @pple
11-08-2008, 02:28 PM
no prob

Xrated O.G.
11-08-2008, 02:48 PM

Your My Hero

X-Runner
11-21-2008, 11:57 PM

Soon as I read the first post I was going to post this same thing. Been there/done that.