PDA

View Full Version : Got a potential new name for next year's gatherings!!!!

quickdodgeŽ
11-07-2008, 09:48 PM
This one comes courtesy of Mr. Dave and I love it! What do you guys think?

"The Lack of Power Tour"

Later, QD.

tdurr
11-07-2008, 10:48 PM
lol. Do it. i gotz torque (for a honda) :ninja:

Scotsman
11-07-2008, 10:55 PM
awesome

mushroom_toy
11-07-2008, 11:26 PM

Thats about all we have lol.

LeX
11-07-2008, 11:58 PM
it should be the "10% of our cars don't make it out of the lot"

TK_SON
11-08-2008, 02:53 AM
no it should be the "carb classic" or the "last leg meet" or the sack race tour!!!!:lmfao:

puregroove
11-10-2008, 03:53 PM
:goodjob:

Sammich
11-10-2008, 03:55 PM
AWESOME NAME!!

OneSlow5pt0
11-10-2008, 03:58 PM

u got more than i do

tdurr
11-10-2008, 07:48 PM
like 5. if that much. lol :tongue1:

Echonova
11-10-2008, 10:55 PM

"The Lack of Power Tour"

Later, QD.Sponsored by Rustoleum??

Revmaynard
11-10-2008, 10:56 PM
How about, ''Cars we wanted when we were kids.''? lolz

OneSlow5pt0
11-11-2008, 11:47 AM
How about, ''Cars we wanted when we were kids.''? lolz

lol....u trying to get mopar in

Revmaynard
11-11-2008, 01:03 PM
:ninja::ninja:

OneSlow5pt0
11-11-2008, 02:19 PM
:ninja::ninja:

well in that case i wanted my car as a kid too......forizzles

EP3sAreFun
11-11-2008, 02:25 PM

"The Lack of Power Tour"

Later, QD.

can i just be counted as 3.5 corollas then?

Stormhammer
11-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Hmm, I'll be honest, I have some beef with that name

It reminds me of the Power Tour. That being said, if you have "tour" in the name sake, I'd at the very least expect a cruise/drive somewhere to another location to do something that entitles the said meet name to have tour in it.

EP3sAreFun
11-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Hmm, I'll be honest, I have some beef with that name

It reminds me of the Power Tour. That being said, if you have "tour" in the name sake, I'd at the very least expect a cruise/drive somewhere to another location to do something that entitles the said meet name to have tour in it.

stop over analyzing it.... fool

quickdodgeŽ
11-12-2008, 06:27 PM
That being said, if you have "tour" in the name sake, I'd at the very least expect a cruise/drive somewhere to another location to do something that entitles the said meet name to have tour in it.

Our meets have never been in the same place, have they? Lolol. Later, QD.

Me86Rob
11-13-2008, 07:42 AM
lol Lex, more like the 10% of our cars that dont make it HOME lot LOL
and the lack of power, well that pretty much means Lex cant come since all his oldschool crap is boosted. and im fixin to join old Red Phoenix in the off brand ford section of the oldschool rides. say bye bye to the Z

Stormhammer
11-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Our meets have never been in the same place, have they? Lolol. Later, QD.

I mean like meet at say Ft. Yargo. Cook out, eat, then everyone cruise to say Road Atlanta and go race on the track, or go up the Commerce and lay down from drag strip times ( I actually want to see your 79 CVCC lay down from rubber :D )

I'm not over analyzing it, but I just don't see the point of having tour in the name if you're not going anywhere ( you meet in one spot and then eventually go to another or something - like how the Hot Rod Power Tour works ). It's misleading.

Not trying to be a negative nancy, but if I was a new guy and saw the name Lack Of Power Tour and showed up in my old school car, I'd expect to be driving, touring, or going from the one spot to another spot for doing something else.

Now, if we arranged it to where say, we met - had lunch, maybe arranged an auto-x event at say Year One (huge parking lot), and then maybe go up to Commerce after that for drag racing, THEN I could agree on that name.

quickdodgeŽ
11-13-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm not over analyzing it, but I just don't see the point of having tour in the name if you're not going anywhere ( you meet in one spot and then eventually go to another or something - like how the Hot Rod Power Tour works ). It's misleading.

There are lots and lots of tours that don't move around the same day. The Lowrider Magazine Tour. Rock bands tour constantly. A tour doesn't mean you move around instantly. It can also mean changing up venues from place to place.

I see what you're saying, but it does sound like you're over-analyzing things and trying to make problematic something that's so simple. Later, QD.

Stormhammer
11-13-2008, 10:06 PM
There are lots and lots of tours that don't move around the same day. The Lowrider Magazine Tour. Rock bands tour constantly. A tour doesn't mean you move around instantly. It can also mean changing up venues from place to place.

I see what you're saying, but it does sound like you're over-analyzing things and trying to make problematic something that's so simple. Later, QD.

True. I'm just stating why I don't like the name, that's all :D

quickdodgeŽ
11-14-2008, 05:33 AM
True. I'm just stating why I don't like the name, that's all :D

It's all good. Later, QD.

LeX
11-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Lexi u always gettin on my case lol. My 510 with the messed up gas tank and distributor is slow lol. But i won't bring it since no insurance and so i dont have to spend money on it :o

RandomGuy
11-14-2008, 01:22 PM
in favor of name

Big_Dave
11-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Really all of this stemmed from an idea of really having a 200 mile run through north Ga. In kind of a poker run fashion. Wtih maybe some side betting on who would break down. Lol. I think we're going to try to do some kind of run in December.

RollaAce
11-21-2008, 03:46 AM
no it should be the "carb classic" or the "last leg meet" or the sack race tour!!!!:lmfao:

Like first 2 suggestions.

How bout Barn(yard) Rescues, Dusty Collectibles, Attic Static, Garage Barges, Aged Beauties, Old School Revisited, Reminisce, Memory Lane, Memories, Decades of Pain, YesterYear, Slow Motion, Mechanic Strain Brain, Mayhem, Mechanical Mayhem, Years of Momentum, Classic Passion, Banged Beauties, Cars of Character, Charisma Classics, Charismatic Collectibles, Once Upon a Time, Timeless Classics/Beauties, Ageless Classic/Beauties, Old Iron.
Shadetree Tour, Perpetual Steel, Kinetic Krap, Dream Machines, Blast(s) From the Past, Time Machine(s), The Good Years, Nuttin But Old School, Old School Parade, Old School Paradise, Back in the Day Horay, Knuckle Busters, Apple Eye Classic, Diamonds in the Ruff, Rusty Miracles/Classics/Collectibles, Deja Vu, Real Steel, Classic Rewind, Classic Icons, Icon classic, ...
want to stop now.
Wasnt really thinking them out just blurted them, that wouldve stopped my train of thought so i just went with the flow.