PDA

View Full Version : More magnitude, Katrina or 9/11?

IndianStig
09-08-2005, 05:06 PM
What do you think? What has/will have the most effect?

IMO, its Katrina, 500k jobs will go and another 400k to come supposedly. They predict this will cause 1.0-1.5% decrease in economical growth, and will ultimately yiedl a huge boost in the economy??????

IndianStig
09-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Damn, i voted wrong, i wanted Katrina, WTF????????????????? How did i do that???????? LOL

RandomGuy
09-08-2005, 05:09 PM
man shut your ass up.... not even a comparison... Katrina = natural disaster, lolz, nothing political about it (well not about the HURRICANE itself)

911 had a lot of shit behind it, and then the deaths were just icing on the cake.

SwurvinIn
09-08-2005, 05:09 PM
katrina BY FAR

RandomGuy
09-08-2005, 05:13 PM
katrina BY FAR
lol, yeah well looking at it from the people's point of view yeah ;)
many displaced families, etc... yeah

but as far as politically, as a nation... 911 = MUCH MORE MAGNITUDE.

NzProjeKt
09-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Not to sure about the long run.. But the stock market is doing exceptionally well as of right now..
9/11 on the other hand caused Wall Street to close and stocks were not being sold or bought for a little while..

IndianStig
09-08-2005, 05:21 PM
lol, yeah well looking at it from the people's point of view yeah ;)
many displaced families, etc... yeah

but as far as politically, as a nation... 911 = MUCH MORE MAGNITUDE.

Yeah see thats the thing, but cinsider in all aspects. Not body count and political only. I mean 9/11 was the start of World War III if America keeps at it, if not it would have been the start of the American Decline. We started it so i think we beter finish it man. However I think Katrina is far more in effect for us, we are gonna feel it. Millions of people are gonna have to move aroud for a few months man. Its gonna be crazy. :eek:

I strongly suspect that investing right now into any buliding companies is a good idea, and also start saving for college like crazy, thats where this 65.4 billion is coming from, and medicare, and social security, etc... alot of federal aide is gonna be cut back from education funds is what i speculate and have heard.

Kevykev
09-08-2005, 05:27 PM
9/11 was an intentional terroristic attack!

Katrina was just another reminder of how nature rules man.

Therefore i vote 9/11.

Look at it this way, think people will have memorials about 'katrina.' "God, can you believe it's been 3 years already?"

Brett
09-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Depends on how you look at it....

As far as hitting our economy, 9/11. We still have yet to recover fully and that started the rise in oil prices as well.

As far as cost, Then Katrina... with what it will cost to rebuild and house people, that far exceeds 9/11.

RandomGuy
09-08-2005, 09:27 PM
in a nutshell.... what date did Katrina Occur?....

exactly my point... lol

4dmin
09-08-2005, 10:57 PM
personally i thin katrina would have more of an affect, but w/ 911 being what it was and the 1st of its kind... well i think it make take the 1st place on this one. but in a nomraly situation katrina would win.

Hulud
09-08-2005, 10:59 PM
personally i thin katrina would have more of an affect, but w/ 911 being what it was and the 1st of its kind... well i think it make take the 1st place on this one. but in a nomraly situation katrina would win.
i dont know how anything this devastating (911 and katrina) could be called a normal situation

SwurvinIn
09-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Look at it this way, think people will have memorials about 'katrina.' "God, can you believe it's been 3 years already?"
they absolutly will....are you kidding...it took more than 5 times the lives of 9/11 and erased an international city from the map....youve got to be joking ppl

4dmin
09-09-2005, 07:42 AM
i dont know how anything this devastating (911 and katrina) could be called a normal situation

normal being natural disaster... 911 has this dark cloud over it b/c of how it happened, natural disasters come and go... shit now Katrina, i don't see anyone posting up or morning about the Tsunami which killed over 200k people :goodjob:

see what i mean?

AznTraitor
09-09-2005, 07:46 AM
yeah, Katrina will be etched in alot of people's minds forever because of the shit that we've seen or heard.

Katrina just wasnt a Hurricane, it was a national disaster.