PDA

View Full Version : Old Skool Japanese RWD meets

RGRacing
11-07-2008, 01:09 AM
We need to add Aircooled VW's to our meet! Lotta cool Vdubs out there! :D
1954 Oval window Pro stock drag bug! After I drive it I look like this! :crazy:
1350lbs with me in it and almost 400hp you do the math.

93EG6LS
11-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Dam thats a sickass VW

RGRacing
11-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Believe me pictures :camera: do not do it justice. You can eat anywhere off of it!
Dam thats a sickass VW

Stormhammer
11-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Well, Dave from ZeroGarage is the one that hosts it. While its said to be Japanese RWD, you've had old school CVCC's and Merkur XR4Ti's show up ( British/german car )

I think in the end, if it falls under the era, we'll let it slide

quickdodgeŽ
11-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I think in the end, if it falls under the era, we'll let it slide

Next year will be different, though. It will be centered only old school Japanese cars. FWD or RWD. He initially stated RWD because he didn't know if there were any interests with FWD cars. That's what I got from earlier talks with him. As far as Older Euros, we've been talking about a meet or two combining all of these in one. But next year, we are looking to make this strictly Japanese for the "official" gatherings. And there are some cool discussions about next year as well. Later, QD.

Elbow
11-07-2008, 09:33 PM
...............why?

RGRacing
11-07-2008, 11:57 PM
QD Dave and I talked about adding German. It would be cool to see the brown 3 and this under and tent together.
Next year will be different, though. It will be centered only old school Japanese cars. FWD or RWD. He initially stated RWD because he didn't know if there were any interests with FWD cars. That's what I got from earlier talks with him. As far as Older Euros, we've been talking about a meet or two combining all of these in one. But next year, we are looking to make this strictly Japanese for the "official" gatherings. And there are some cool discussions about next year as well. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
11-08-2008, 12:02 AM
^^^ I brought this up to him in the very beginning about just having all old school import meets, but he was specific on wanting only Japanese. Guess we need to get this all figured out quickly. Later, QD.

RGRacing
11-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Yes we do, If thats the case then why let other cars that are not old skool RWD participate.

quickdodgeŽ
11-08-2008, 06:07 AM
Yes we do, If thats the case then why let other cars that are not old skool RWD participate.

Exactly. Except without the RWD tag. Lolol. Later, QD.

solosi
11-08-2008, 08:12 AM
I love the Air Cooled VW`s! I was heavy into them several years ago. There are alot of them around and several meets for them already. If you include them in these meets it will make it that much harder to find a meeting spot that will hold everybody. I think these meets need to stay Japanese car in an effort to get the interest up. If the numbers are there to do something on a big scale, with plenty of room bring them on in. I think it would be great to have a Axis of Power Meet! JMO...................

quickdodgeŽ
11-08-2008, 08:15 AM
^^^ I do agree. Like I said, I was all for wanting to do a complete import nostalgia meet, but after talking with Dave, I think it is good to have it just Japanese. I know when we talked a week or so ago, we thought we might try a once a year HUGE all import nostalgia meet and keep the every other month meets strictly old school Japanese.

We need to just sit and figure it out and get on the same page. Later, QD.

Elbow
11-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Why only have it Japanese.......???

solosi
11-08-2008, 09:15 AM

http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/article.cgi?section=events&article=jccs2008

I think the meets were put together with similar parameters to the Japanese Classic Car Show in California. I`m just happy that someone is paying attention to older imports period!

quickdodgeŽ
11-08-2008, 11:42 AM

What you may think is boring may not be (and obviously isn't) boring to others. You drive a Miata. What I think is one of the shittiest cars out there. But I don't drive it. You do and there's no reason to fault you for it. And I don't. If you don't like what goes on here (and you obviously don't by your posts), then find something you do like, man. Not being an asshole to you, cause I know you're not an asshole yourself, but damn. Later, QD.

Elbow
11-08-2008, 02:43 PM
^Damn something got up your ass. Just asking why you can only have Jap old school cars, and why if I pulled up in a old Lotus or a BMW 2002 or something I would be told to park somewhere else. I never said I don't like what's going on. Just trying to understand some of it.

Thanks Solosi for showing the link and maybe what you all are going after.

quickdodgeŽ
11-08-2008, 03:59 PM
^Damn something got up your ass.

Damn. I guess you didn't read the part where I posted I wasn't being an asshole to you because I know you're not that way to me (for the most part). But why question what kind of meets we have? It's just what we want to do. Why not ask Integras why they want meets with only Integras. Ask the RX guys who are having an RX-only meet in two weeks why you can't bring your Lotus or 2002 to it as well. Later, QD.

RGRacing
11-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Well regardless if the meets are made to add German or not, you cannot advertise only Japanese RWD cars and accept others. Thats contradicting yourself. When the bug is finished up it will be there at least once. You cannot describe the caliber of this car. So If I am told not to bring a $70K bug to a show make sure you tell all cars that are not Old Skool Japanese RWD that they cannot come too!

quickdodgeŽ
11-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Well regardless if the meets are made to add German or not, you cannot advertise only Japanese RWD cars and accept others. Thats contradicting yourself. When the bug is finished up it will be there at least once. You cannot describe the caliber of this car. So If I am told not to bring a $70K bug to a show make sure you tell all cars that are not Old Skool Japanese RWD that they cannot come too!

I agree completely. I do know there were a few non old school, non Japanese cars that have been showing up.

And it's not just for RWD. It's for all Japanese Old school. Later, QD.

RGRacing
11-08-2008, 06:03 PM
We need to get clear on this because I was told differently. And there is FWD at these meets as well. If I remember clearly in the start of all of this I was told RWD only! If front wheel drive can attend then German (VW's and Beamers etc) can attend as well. Advertising a RWD meet and letting FWD attend would be a contradiction as well. I am not trying to argue. I am simply saying that if these are the rules then you cannot bend them. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

Elbow
11-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Damn. I guess you didn't read the part where I posted I wasn't being an asshole to you because I know you're not that way to me (for the most part). But why question what kind of meets we have? It's just what we want to do. Why not ask Integras why they want meets with only Integras. Ask the RX guys who are having an RX-only meet in two weeks why you can't bring your Lotus or 2002 to it as well. Later, QD.

No it's a little different lol. That's cool if that's what you want to do, I just didn't know why. It just seems you all were PUSHING European old school cars away.

87 Turbo II
11-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Ask the RX guys who are having an RX-only meet in two weeks why you can't bring your Lotus or 2002 to it as well. Later, QD.
We're letting all people come. we just want to park the 7s together for pictures.

RGRacing
11-08-2008, 10:17 PM
All the rotaries would be nice for a pic!

87 Turbo II
11-08-2008, 10:22 PM
All the rotaries would be nice for a pic!
yeah it's exciting. You're welcome to bring out the bug to the Rx-7 meet. You'd have to park it with all the other boingers but I'd love to see it.

RGRacing
11-08-2008, 10:31 PM
We would park alone, would be the RX3 and the Bug. The bug would be in a class by itself. But it wont be for awhile we are working on a new engine program.

quickdodgeŽ
11-08-2008, 11:07 PM
We need to get clear on this because I was told differently. And there is FWD at these meets as well. If I remember clearly in the start of all of this I was told RWD only! If front wheel drive can attend then German (VW's and Beamers etc) can attend as well. Advertising a RWD meet and letting FWD attend would be a contradiction as well. I am not trying to argue. I am simply saying that if these are the rules then you cannot bend them. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

In the very beginning, Dave did tell me he wanted to do all old school, Japanese RWD meets and then changed it when I and Baby J expressed our interests in having wanting to start the same thing...but with ALL old school Japanese cars. Which I have been to all the meets in my Civic. Baby J has come to 2 of them. If you start letting German cars in, you need to let Italian, British and others enter as well. Dave will tell you that I was looking at doing an ALL imports old school meet, but he wanted to leave it strictly Japanese. At first, I was skeptical at the amount of attendees, but after the these meets, I'm happy as hail at the results. From what we have talked about over the last couple of weeks, we were going to continue on this path and maybe have one (maybe 2) meet(s) a year where all imported cars come to it.

What we need to do is get together...in person....and figure this out. Talk it over. What do you say? Later, QD.

Stormhammer
11-09-2008, 12:34 AM
I agree. Although good luck stopping my sister from showing up in her XR4Ti LOL

I'm just content that you guys were gracious enough to let a 1 year grace for the widebody Starions :)

santacruz77
11-09-2008, 08:04 PM
beetles beat any car on this site bar none. best cars ever

once i have more steady job/time im getting like 3 of them. lol

always have been my dream car

quickdodgeŽ
11-09-2008, 08:26 PM
beetles beat any car on this site bar none. best cars ever

Opinion based, of course, lolol. I love the old Beetles myself. In my search for old school car, that was on the list. Later, QD.

santacruz77
11-09-2008, 09:06 PM
because there fucking bad ass lol

Total_Blender
11-10-2008, 10:37 AM
There are Beetle/Old VW GTG's every other weekend.

If you have a Beemer 2002, a drag Beetle or any other old school German car bring it here:

http://www.southernworthersee.com/

:thumbup:

Red_Phoenix
11-10-2008, 04:11 PM

I have a german car and I've been to all the meets they've had. SInce my car isn't japanese I usually park it at the end somewhere away from the main themed cars Personally I dont' see anythign wrong with ppl showing up in their cars. I mean there have been ppl show up and new cars because their car wasn't up adn running yet so does that mean they can't come?? In the end its all about meeting ppl adn having a good time. If it is a specific meet them all others should not take up spots for the intended cars.:2cents:

quickdodgeŽ
11-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I have a german car and I've been to all the meets they've had. SInce my car isn't japanese I usually park it at the end somewhere away from the main themed cars Personally I dont' see anythign wrong with ppl showing up in their cars. I mean there have been ppl show up and new cars because their car wasn't up adn running yet so does that mean they can't come?? In the end its all about meeting ppl adn having a good time. If it is a specific meet them all others should not take up spots for the intended cars.:2cents:

Well, technically it IS an old school Japanese car specific meet. And there's really no reason to put words in anyone's mouth or fingers as no one said that anyone can't come. In fact, we welcome all to come. Whether they have an old schooler or not. But the main gist of the meet is for Old Japanese cars. And like at the last meet, the people that showed up in their modded cars parked in a row behind the old cars. I don't understand why people are getting upset and defensive about this. If the car isn't old school or Japanese, it's not the end of the world. Later, QD.

RGRacing
11-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Kool then ill bring the krookid tricycle with the goped engine on it! :D

Big_Dave
11-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Kool then ill bring the krookid tricycle with the goped engine on it! :D
Roland, did you finally get it running? Lol!
Due to complications beyond our control, we are changing the rules of the meets once again, The old skool Japanese car meet will be for 1993 subarus only. See y'all in March.

RGRacing
11-20-2008, 10:29 PM
LOL
Roland, did you finally get it running? Lol!
Due to complications beyond our control, we are changing the rules of the meets once again, The old skool Japanese car meet will be for 1993 subarus only. See y'all in March.