PDA

View Full Version : What's a Good/Great Security system to purchase for a home

Kevykev
11-06-2008, 10:01 PM
I currently have Monotronics and I'm happy with the service. Despite that, I just want to know personal experiences with whatever else is out there. On this house i just pay the monthly fee which is 37 bucks they took care of installation.

Next House might require more since it's bigger, suggestions?

cobalt9123
11-06-2008, 10:14 PM
http://www.oneshotonline.com/store/images/25012.jpg

Rubber slug if you want to keep it civil, Buckshot if you wanna get nasty :goodjob:

Kevykev
11-06-2008, 10:25 PM
hahaaaaa, of course.

cobalt9123
11-06-2008, 10:42 PM
hahaaaaa, of course.
:goodjob:

redrumracer
11-07-2008, 12:22 AM
a big ass dog

stephen
11-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Rubber slug if you want to keep it civil, Buckshot if you wanna get nasty :goodjob:

lol, seriously!

load two buckshots to slow em down, then a slug incase you want to finish what you started. keep it loaded that way...2 buck...1 slug....2 buck...1 slug....and an extra buck or rubber in the chamber.

if you want to stay with alarm systems though...i don't think it REALLY matters. i've had ADT and protection one...they both do the samething (call you if the alarm goes off). i know some systems over a variety of different options (link to smoke alarm, etc.). it's really just a matter of what sort of "EXTRAS" you want, they all have loud a$$ sirens. if a loud siren isn't enough to drive an intruder away...then you have to resort to "personal protection" (i.e. gun & dog). if cost is really what you're asking about...i'd just shop around. a lot of different companies offer "specials" for you to advertise their signs in their yard, or some sort of introductory price. at my last house, it was just a regular alarm by ADT...i ended up cancelling the service (prior to me moving) and the system itself still worked...just no phone call when the alarm went off, but i didn't really care...the siren still worked (basically had a free alarm). the only reason i keep paying the service for my current system is because it's tied to my smoke & carbon monoxide detectors.

hope i've helped!

Kevykev
11-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the help guys, that would suck to have to kill someone Inside of your house. "You...it was right over there where he took his last breath." lol?

I'll call monotronics to see if they offer some sort of loyalty discount or such and I will check with others.