PDA

View Full Version : Need help Redtop SR

dope.didly
11-06-2008, 05:35 PM
got a redtop sr had fuel, know I don't, no fire, but will turn over

jumped fuel pump relay and started work know not

reattached missing ground for coil packs, to the fire wall or back of cylinder head?

wiring may be fubarred need ecu and igniter pin outs helpful or full chassis fsm viewable would be nice

Cool Cat Racing
11-06-2008, 09:05 PM
So was there a question in there somewhere? You need to step back, assemble cohesive thoughts, and then write them in a manner that can be at least understood as an attempt at a sentence. So far you've given no real information for us to go by.

dope.didly
11-07-2008, 01:57 PM
the car turns over just fine but makes no attempt at running

at first the fuel pump was not getting power, then I hot wired the relay and it started working, After a few days it stopped running again. any thoughts?

the car originally had spark but after rigging the fuel relay it does not, noticed that the ground for the coil packs was loose, can't remember if they went to the fire wall or to the back of the head, put on back of head still nothing

the wiring harness was rewired after first motor, and now seems may be an issue, the body harness connector has two wires I believe that are supposed to be attached but are cut right at the harness. a ground and a tach signal wire

any help would be appreciated

sean8564
03-02-2009, 06:46 PM
ok Check the pump make sure you have not fried it first. Second dose you tach work when it was running? If is a walbro i had to replace one twice it just went bad just like that they sent me a new one thought but it was a pain