PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone been to the Circuit City stores that are closing?

neverenough
11-05-2008, 09:03 PM
I was too late to get into the one on Cobb today, they'd already closed for the night.

Anyone been yet?

Wondering what kind of deals they've got going on.

Worth it? Or should I just wait to Black Friday to do my TV shopping?

Vteckidd
11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
TVs are only being discounted MAX 10% according to people that are working there an posting on the forums.

It is NOT A BLACK FRIDAY type sale.

They are still trying to get top dollar for all their stuff and any HIGH DOLLAR items will be re-routed to other Circuit City stores

neverenough
11-05-2008, 09:31 PM
TVs are only being discounted MAX 10% according to people that are working there an posting on the forums.

It is NOT A BLACK FRIDAY type sale.

They are still trying to get top dollar for all their stuff and any HIGH DOLLAR items will be re-routed to other Circuit City stores

THANKS!

That's what I figured.

Guess I'm waiting it out till BF.

Can't wait for the ads to be posted on BFAds.net so I can plan my route. Thank god I'll be in NoVA area for it, where shopping is MUCH better.

Gotta get a new LCD for the house. Old one's going in the BR!

Vteckidd
11-05-2008, 09:32 PM
yeah im looking for a samsung 52 to 55 in for my bedroom.

Sears ad is already up

neverenough
11-06-2008, 06:35 PM

Sears ad is already up

It will be my first stop for that 46"

Paree4g63
11-06-2008, 09:27 PM

Sears ad is already up

Shiet, I'mma Sears employee; i can get about 10% discounts on top of whats already on sale. 10% off a $1000 tv is saving you about $100bucks. 20% off clothes and Sears is always on sale. :goodjob:

sonic30101
11-11-2008, 10:04 AM
the best part about circuit city's sale is that everything got marked up to msrp then 10-30% off. so i am selling stuff to people that are paying more now than they would be paying 2 weeks ago. if only they would have figured that out then i wouldnt be looking for a job. oh well

LQQKITZME
11-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah sonic The only saving is on cd's but not many people buy cds anymore cause you can just download them..

blacknightteg
11-11-2008, 10:51 AM
circuit city closed all of there stores in GA except three. All other stores are keeping doors open till the 30ths by a liquidator trying to get rid of items. all other itmes that are not sold will be shipped off.

IMPORTchic
11-11-2008, 10:52 AM
The sales are nothing special and dont plan on getting any type of help with anything you bought in there. Even if it was the same day. They are all hating life and their job and could give a shiiiiat less what you need or think. They will jjust tell you to go to a store thats not closing that still cares!! Talk about pissin me off. Atleast thats what the Hiram store did. I say wait til BF and stay away from CC AND Office Depot. Some of them are closing too!!! Just hasnt been nationally announced.

blacknightteg
11-11-2008, 10:55 AM
The sales are nothing special and dont plan on getting any type of help with anything you bought in there. Even if it was the same day. They are all hating life and their job and could give a shiiiiat less what you need or think. They will jjust tell you to go to a store thats not closing that still cares!! Talk about pissin me off. Atleast thats what the Hiram store did. I say wait til BF and stay away from CC AND Office Depot. Some of them are closing too!!! Just hasnt been nationally announced.

lol circuit city has never given a shit really, thats why they are restructuring.

drpepper14
11-19-2008, 05:52 PM
I left circuit the day they started their liquidation. No one there cares anymore, MOST of the good associates have already left except sonic30101 who was my supervisor @ circuit.

The sales suck, but we did receive signs for up to 90% off when we restructured the store for the liquidation. The barrett pkwy location is receiving left over inventory from 2 other circuits that are closing early this week, so it will be around until december 31st more than likely, and by that time they will be pushing EVERYTHING out the door.

The merchandise is NOT being shipped to other locations that are staying open after the holidays because the liquidation of these stores is to pay for their Chapter 11 filing and the debt the chapter 11 judge ordered them to payoff in the next month, or else.

Hold out for a few more weeks and go pickup what you can at a steal. The barrett location really doesn't have anything great right now, but when they pickup the inventory from 2 other stores they should have some more good stuff in stock.

redrumracer
11-19-2008, 06:18 PM
i got a head unit from there for 30% off wasnt a bad deal actually

B18c1Turboed
11-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Office Depot on Jimmy carter was selling 36inch flat screen for 200.00 i got one for my daughters room!!! people where carrying 3 or 4 out the door. This was on Friday!

claybird
11-19-2008, 11:19 PM
The one in Rome is staying open

ash7
11-20-2008, 10:29 AM
the one here in columbus is still open...

-jonathan

SLo_MKIII
11-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Went earlier to the newer store on 41 only 10% mark down

The_ CaneCorso
11-20-2008, 08:42 PM
circuit city closed all of there stores in GA except three. All other stores are keeping doors open till the 30ths by a liquidator trying to get rid of items. all other itmes that are not sold will be shipped off.
It would be funny if someone walked in there and said hey are you hiring?

claybird
11-21-2008, 12:06 AM
It would be funny if someone walked in there and said hey are you hiring?
My friends dared me to appl monday and i did :lmfao: