PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Good at College Algebra?

AlanŽ
11-05-2008, 08:32 PM
If you are please PM me I could really use the help. I'm stuck.

AlanŽ
11-05-2008, 08:39 PM
bump

bigdare23
11-05-2008, 08:40 PM
How much money do you have on it? hehehehe

Crazy Asian
11-05-2008, 08:40 PM
like what show me?

OnURleft
11-05-2008, 08:57 PM
What topic? I'm not half bad at math

AlanŽ
11-05-2008, 08:59 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/midnightracer05/MathPage4.jpg

AlanŽ
11-05-2008, 09:00 PM
if you want me to blow it up let me know

jdm>usdm
11-05-2008, 09:05 PM
if you want me to blow it up let me know

yes

OnURleft
11-05-2008, 09:07 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/midnightracer05/MathPage4.jpg

for the first one determine where it is negative. Solve the equation by finding the zero's. (set each one x-4=0 etc). It looks like it's 4, 5 and 7 if they are all (x- -#'s) are your ZERO'S.
Key part
Now use the zero's of F to separate the real numbers into INTERVAL's (#,#) on a number line. (-inf,4),(4,5)(5,7)(7,inf) I believe..
Next choose a number on the number line (i.e 0, 4.5, 6,8) and find the value of f..F(0) = plug it in. Do this for each one. Remember its a number that's within that interval.
If it is NEGATIVE then that's part of your answer, postitive..it is not.
answer should be C...If it was >, then the positive intervals would be your

I did not check over it, nor hardly look at it, I did it in my head so do it yourself and make sure it's right

Buttons
11-05-2008, 09:09 PM
i've already did 26 thru 29 for him.... :)

i love math. i would do the rest, but i'm learning theorems tomorrow.

Kourt
11-05-2008, 09:09 PM
You go to Gordon right?? Who's your teacher?

Buttons
11-05-2008, 09:11 PM
for the first one determine where it is negative. Solve the equation by finding the zero's. It looks like it's 4, 5 and 7 if they are all -#.
Key part
Now use the zero's of F to separate the real numbers into INTERVAL's (x,x) on a number line. (-inf,4),(4,5)(5,7)(7,inf).
Next choose a number on the number line (i.e 0, 4.5, 6,8) and find the value of f..F(0) = plug it in.
If it is NEGATIVE then that's part of your answer, postitive..it is not.
answer should be...
A.

I did not check over it, I did it in my head so don't blame me if you miss it. Get it?

Nope, the first one is C. when you plug a number higher than 7, they are all going to be positive. so it won't work. between 4 and 5, the -4 will make it positive, then the 5 and 7 will make it negative. pos times neg times neg still equals a positive. meaning it won't work either.

OnURleft
11-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Nope, the first one is C. when you plug a number higher than 7, they are all going to be positive. so it won't work. between 4 and 5, the -4 will make it positive, then the 5 and 7 will make it negative. pos times neg times neg still equals a positive. meaning it won't work either.

yeah she's right. Like I said, did it in my head, couldn't read it, whatever I was just explaining how to do it and not paying attention to the problem. It would've obviously been C had I looked at it instead of spent time explaining how to do it. Whatever it is, is besides the point though, as he should know how to do it himself now...

i've already did 26 thru 29 for him.... :)

i love math. i would do the rest, but i'm learning theorems tomorrow.

Good idea, maybe next week he'll post up next weeks session and you can do that too? Productive way to teach someone something.

Buttons
11-05-2008, 09:54 PM
yeah she's right. Like I said, did it in my head, couldn't read it, whatever I was just explaining how to do it and not paying attention to the problem. It would've obviously been C had I looked at it instead of spent time explaining how to do it. Whatever it is, is besides the point though, as he should know how to do it himself now...

Good idea, maybe next week he'll post up next weeks session and you can do that too? Productive way to teach someone something.

I did at first just give him the answers. Then he asked me how to do it. So i'm going through step by step how to do the problems. I'm teaching him how to do them. Not just giving them away.

I don't care if he does or not. It's helping me review for my class. Means I get more practice :)

RL...
11-05-2008, 09:58 PM
lol algebra is so easy...

calculus on the other hand...is funnn :no:

dtmcnamara
11-05-2008, 10:00 PM
well shit yall wanna help me with mine next?

i need to integrate the square root of tan x....HELP?!

AlanŽ
11-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Nah I have been asking how to do them cause I have a test over this shit tomorow so answers do me no good if i dont know how to do them. Theorem's are gonna fuck me hard though cause I still don't get them

Buttons
11-05-2008, 10:23 PM
well shit yall wanna help me with mine next?

i need to integrate the square root of tan x....HELP?!

hey hey! i only got to algebra 2.... he's lucky i know college algebra. hahaha. i love it though... does that make me weird?

OnURleft
11-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Nah I have been asking how to do them cause I have a test over this shit tomorow so answers do me no good if i dont know how to do them. Theorem's are gonna fuck me hard though cause I still don't get them

Wait until you hit Calc or Calc 2 for that matter. Algebra is :lmfao:

Crazy Asian
11-05-2008, 10:39 PM
wow autumn knows something. Wow.

OnURleft
11-05-2008, 10:41 PM

Yep. 9th grade math education is important. Tricks gotta add up her money. Lol jp

dtmcnamara
11-05-2008, 10:43 PM
boobies and brains .... ftw :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

AlanŽ
11-05-2008, 10:46 PM
well if i had paid attention in class last week it wouldn't be that big of a deal. if i pay attention i'm good.

dtmcnamara
11-05-2008, 10:48 PM
or calc 3 or differential equations...or...god i hope thats it

Buttons
11-05-2008, 10:49 PM

i always told y'all i was good in math! lol.

i wish i would try to be a math teacher... that would be so much fun (not sarcasm).

Buttons
11-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Yep. 9th grade math education is important. Tricks gotta add up her money. Lol jp

HEY! lol, this is college algebra. this is def not adding money up. haha. i was doing euclidean (sp?) geometry in 9th grade.

funny thing, i'm going to be an accountant because i love numbers, but i have no more math classes after college algebra.... weird.

ironchef
11-06-2008, 12:32 PM
I pwned algebra in high school and calculus in college, and i dont remember how to do this at all. i feel sad about that :(. and thats when you know you'll never use that shit again in real life.

AirMax95
11-06-2008, 12:43 PM

Keep those words to yourself. NEVER repeat Calc 1, Calc 2, Differential Equations, etc..... :2up:

Seriously....I hated those. I passed them, but for me it was far from easy.