PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Cabinate

BanginJimmy
11-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Where does Obama go with his Cabinate?

He already has IL Rep Rahm Emanuel as his Chief of Staff.

John Kerry and Bill Richardson are campaigning hard for Sec State.

For the rest of his open cabinate spots where does Obama go? Centric Democrats? Far left Democrats? Token republicans? Republicans in places that they will have a voice?

What do you think?

I think Obama goes with all democrats with a mixture of far left and centric.

4dmin
11-05-2008, 05:41 PM
To early to tell... hopefully he will stay moderate considering all of the pressure from the left.

Colin Powell hasn't been offered anything but in an interview he didn't rule it out about serving once again. ;)

AlanŽ
11-05-2008, 05:43 PM
this will definitely be interesting to see who he picks. hopefully he picks a bipartisan cabinet

BanginJimmy
11-05-2008, 05:57 PM
To early to tell... hopefully he will stay moderate considering all of the pressure from the left.

Colin Powell hasn't been offered anything but in an interview he didn't rule it out about serving once again. ;)

I heard that. I dont think he would take a sec state position, but I do think that sec def is something that would peak his intrest.

Hulud
11-05-2008, 05:58 PM
I heard that. I dont think he would take a sec state position, but I do think that sec def is something that would peak his intrest.
yea i see powell getting something which would put a republican in his cabinate

Spektrewing386
11-05-2008, 07:44 PM
i really wish he would have announced his cabinet earlier than... today.

his Chief of Staff is the son of a Zionist fighter, but that was during the time when Israel did not exist as a nation. So I guess it doesnt matter now since it does exist. But hopefully he can see that there are people in his exact same position, but fighting for palestine and understands their cause. At least Obama is a hard supporter of an independant Palestine nation.

Deke
11-05-2008, 07:53 PM
"cabinet"

Haha, 3 people spelled it wrong. I'm not usually a grammar or spelling nazi, but I just had to say something :)

I'm definitely interested to see how his cabinet is going to turn out.

okra1981
11-05-2008, 09:46 PM
I've always liked Powell, even though I'm more Liberal now, he's a good man and really intelligent. Plus, they need his experience when we begin to pull out of the Middle East.

BanginJimmy
11-06-2008, 08:37 AM
I've always liked Powell, even though I'm more Liberal now, he's a good man and really intelligent. Plus, they need his experience when we begin to pull out of the Middle East.

then we will need his experience again when we go back in 3 years or less.

jwrape
11-06-2008, 08:39 AM
I think he needs to offer Collin Powell a job. I like and respect him