PDA

View Full Version : Clarification (long read)

2.3 Evo 8
11-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I will talk to Admin about this situation. Tiger, don't erase this thread until I do.

This isn't a preaching post so don't go there. This is an explanation post.

I will still race at the track and YES I WILL RACE THACKER AT THE TRACK.

I obviously will not race on the street anymore. My opinion in my sig is just that, opinion. You don't have to take my advice, you don't have to follow my footsteps, and you certainly don't have to agree with it.

All that statement says is: THINK before you make a decision. It does not say YOU MUST do as I say.

I could care less if any of you continue to street race. Hell, I did it for years and loved it. I did it up until a couple months ago until it finally clicked in my head what I was risking. I understand some of you are younger and probably don't have the same things to risk as I do, but the one thing we do share in common is our lives. All of you already know that.

Some of you don't think I should post in the "kills forum" because I won't street race? That's funny.

The kills forum is for all kinds of racing, not just street so get that out of your heads. It seems to have turned more towards street racing in the last couple years though. Some people that go to the track still post about their kills at the track.

If anybody cares to wonder why I've changed my mind on street racing you can continue to read on. If you don't care so be it. It might clear up some things for some of you though. :goodjob:

I got a ticket for doing 16 mph over the limit about 2 months ago. Part of the agreement was they would drop it down to 14 mph so I wouldn't get any points. The solicitor makes it a point to have everyone speeding take a "defensive driving" course.

Last week on Wednesday and Thursday night I took this class 3 hours each night.

The first night they had us watch an 1 1/2 hour video on street racing and the possible things that could happen.

It was this video that finally made things click in my head and realize things in life in general.

In this video they showed multiple street races that went BAD. Numerous times they show the DEAD BODIES of the street racers, innocent people, and the worst part was dead bodies of the children that were killed by the street racers. That was the hardest part.

One guy had his girlfriend in the car riding with him and they both t-boned
another car so hard they were ejected and their bodies were mangled beyond recognition. The people they hit were an innocent FAMILY on the road.

This family was t-boned by the street racer at 100 mph in a 45 mph zone. It was known that there was a problem with street racing on that street and the police were trying to crack down on the street racers.

The mother driving was killed instantly, the 2 kids(4yrs and 6yrs) in the back seat died later at the hospital, but the father lived. They interviewed the father and it was HARD listening to him talk about his dead wife and kids. I thought it was strange that while interviewing the father, they had the camera zoomed in close to his head. It wasn't until the end of the interview with the father that they zoomed out and you could see he was in a wheelchair paralyzed from the waist down.

I started thinking about my kids and if I died street racing or killed someone else while street racing. How SELFISH, STUPID, and CHILDISH would that be for me to continue doing it.

They started interviewing the 18 year old kid who was street racing and LIVED from the same accident. He killed his girlfriend, a mother, and her 2 kids. He paralyzed a father.

They had the camera zoomed in on his head too and I immediately thought "paralyzed" also, but at the end of his interview they zoomed out. He was fine other than the fact he was wearing a prison uniform and balling his eyes out. I remember he said "I never did anything like this before, but in the couple seconds I decided to street race it changed my life and another families lives forever". As he finished the interview he said he was serving 10 years in prison for manslaughter.

They showed multiple stories like this all with different scenarios that HIT HOME with me.

I'm not going to lie, it was sad watching these family members, friends, mothers, and fathers talk about the dead people no longer in their life.

Seeing the actual mangled dead bodies in this video, especially the little kids was pretty disturbing. I guess that's why it affected me like it did.

I don't expect some of you to understand, but for the people that do understand where I'm coming from, thanks.

Once again, my sig only states "make the right decision" and don't do something "illegal" that could jeopardize lives. If you take offense to that then so be it, but I still have a right to post that in my sig whether you agree with it or not.

It's kinda funny hearing people say they take offense to someone telling them to THINK before doing something illegal. :screwy: That's like telling people "do the right thing and don't rob a bank" and people taking offense to it.

I built this car to drag race at the track. The street racing just kinda happened and as I learned quickly, came with the territory. I never had intentions of street racing from the start though.

On that note, if anybody wants to run a 9 sec Evo at the track for fun let me know. :cheers:

ILOVEKIDDRACING
11-05-2008, 04:52 PM
He is still making posts in this forum, and has NOT changed his signature.
Man needs a 30 day break like myself had.

2.3 Evo 8
11-05-2008, 05:03 PM
He is still making posts in this forum, and has NOT changed his signature.
Man needs a 30 day break like myself had.

Already confirmed from higher ups I can keep my sig. Tiger has no say so anymore. Move along slow ass.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
11-05-2008, 05:05 PM
http://nawtythings.com/halloween/library/funny/RP7205.jpg

2.3 Evo 8
11-05-2008, 05:07 PM
I'll see you at the track fatty.

sikfricks
11-05-2008, 05:09 PM
i had to take that same class it sucked

Tracy
11-05-2008, 05:09 PM
I decided a few years ago that I had to much to risk and way too much to lose over street racing. I'm not into really condemning those who do, because that's where Dan and I got our start. I don't want to be a hypocrite. It's just a personal choice for me. I was never good at the racing part anyways. The shit talking fit my profile better :D

I think that the kills forum is for just that....KILLS. You can beat someone in a race just as well at the track as on the street. This isn't the "street racing forum". I think that people who think they are way too cool for the track are insecure and need something to make them feel more like a G. That doesn't mean I think that this is true of all street racers. Just the ones who think they are too cool for the track and only "fan boys" race at the track.

Vteckidd
11-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Phil i respect your decision, we have all been there.

I started off in this business street racing, thats how i got my name and my credibility. Eventually we all grow up and just organized street racing isnt where i want to find myself anymore.

Too much risk, too much hassle, too much bullshit, too many deaths, too much chance of getting caught by cops, etc.

If you still street race, thats cool, just be safe.

Thacker stfu, start respecting other people

MachNU
11-05-2008, 05:18 PM
very very good post, i stopped screwing around on the street from one of those classes! hit me even more when one of two of the people they talked about where past friends of mine!

AnthonyF
11-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I second everything you say. Im tired of the street racing and wish people would just hit the track. That is for the people I do and don't like.

-Ant.

Bridged
11-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Good post Tracy.

I see it like this. If you call me out i'm not going to go pay 20+ dollars and wait an hour or 2 just for one race. If a call out is involved then a not busy street/highway from a roll is the best way to get it done. Now if there's a meet or gathering at the track that's already on the day the person calls on out on.

Also remember Tracy, not alot of us have the money or a shop to build cars and spend 20+ dollar fee and gas just getting there just to race for 10 bucks everytime someone calls you out. So when we go out to the track it better be worth it.

I just think evo was wrong for spamming and trashing people for running on the street. That's all.

I for one don't have the cash flow to go to the track every weekend. That's where parking lots come in handy. The man doesn't pay for shit. :tongue1:

I for one would like to get back into solo II events.

AnthonyF
11-05-2008, 05:29 PM
^its 15 bucks to race at a track. If that is really breaking your bank, you need a new job or lifestyle.

-Ant.

Tracy
11-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Good post Tracy.

I see it like this. If you call me out i'm not going to go pay 20+ dollars and wait an hour or 2 just for one race. If a call out is involved then a not busy street/highway from a roll is the best way to get it done. Now if there's a meet or gathering at the track that's already on the day the person calls on out on.

Also remember Tracy, not alot of us have the money or a shop to build cars and spend 20+ dollar fee and gas just getting there just to race for 10 bucks everytime someone calls you out. So when we go out to the track it better be worth it.

I just think evo was wrong for spamming and trashing people for running on the street. That's all.

I for one don't have the cash flow to go to the track every weekend. That's where parking lots come in handy. The man doesn't pay for shit. :tongue1:

I for one would like to get back into solo II events.

Like I said, to each his own :) I don't know about the spamming or whatever. I just happened across this thread. I just think that if he wants to post in this forum, he should be able to based on the belief that this isn't just a street racing forum and a kill can be achieved on the track just as well as the street.

Whiteboy572
11-05-2008, 05:35 PM
I will talk to Admin about this situation. Tiger, don't erase this thread until I do.

I obviously will not race on the street anymore. My opinion in my sig is just that, opinion. You don't have to take my advice, you don't have to follow my footsteps, and you certainly don't have to agree with it.

All that statement says is: THINK before you make a decision. It does not say YOU MUST do as I say.

I could care less if any of you continue to street race. Hell, I did it for years and loved it. I did it up until a couple months ago until it finally clicked in my head what I was risking. I understand some of you are younger and probably don't have the same things to risk as I do, but the one thing we do share in common is our lives. All of you already know that.

Some of you don't think I should post in the "kills forum" because I won't street race? That's funny.

The kills forum is for all kinds of racing, not just street so get that out of your heads. It seems to have turned more towards street racing in the last couple years though. Some people that go to the track still post about their kills at the track.

If anybody cares to wonder why I've changed my mind on street racing you can continue to read on. If you don't care so be it. It might clear up some things for some of you though. :goodjob:

I got a ticket for doing 16 mph over the limit about 2 months ago. Part of the agreement was they would drop it down to 14 mph so I wouldn't get any points. The solicitor makes it a point to have everyone speeding take a "defensive driving" course.

The first night they had us watch an 1 1/2 hour video on street racing and the possible things that could happen.

It was this video that finally made things click in my head and realize things in life in general.

In this video they showed multiple street races that went BAD. Numerous times they show the DEAD BODIES of the street racers, innocent people, and the worst part was dead bodies of the children that were killed by the street racers. That was the hardest part.

another car so hard they were ejected and their bodies were mangled beyond recognition. The people they hit were an innocent FAMILY on the road.

This family was t-boned by the street racer at 100 mph in a 45 mph zone. It was known that there was a problem with street racing on that street and the police were trying to crack down on the street racers.

The mother driving was killed instantly, the 2 kids(4yrs and 6yrs) in the back seat died later at the hospital, but the father lived. They interviewed the father and it was HARD listening to him talk about his dead wife and kids. I thought it was strange that while interviewing the father, they had the camera zoomed in close to his head. It wasn't until the end of the interview with the father that they zoomed out and you could see he was in a wheelchair paralyzed from the waist down.

I started thinking about my kids and if I died street racing or killed someone else while street racing. How SELFISH, STUPID, and CHILDISH would that be for me to continue doing it.

They started interviewing the 18 year old kid who was street racing and LIVED from the same accident. He killed his girlfriend, a mother, and her 2 kids. He paralyzed a father.

They had the camera zoomed in on his head too and I immediately thought "paralyzed" also, but at the end of his interview they zoomed out. He was fine other than the fact he was wearing a prison uniform and balling his eyes out. I remember he said "I never did anything like this before, but in the couple seconds I decided to street race it changed my life and another families lives forever". As he finished the interview he said he was serving 10 years in prison for manslaughter.

They showed multiple stories like this all with different scenarios that HIT HOME with me.

I'm not going to lie, it was sad watching these family members, friends, mothers, and fathers talk about the dead people no longer in their life.

Seeing the actual mangled dead bodies in this video, especially the little kids was pretty disturbing. I guess that's why it affected me like it did.

I don't expect some of you to understand, but for the people that do understand where I'm coming from, thanks.

Once again, my sig only states "make the right decision" and don't do something "illegal" that could jeopardize lives. If you take offense to that then so be it, but I still have a right to post that in my sig whether you agree with it or not.

It's kinda funny hearing people say they take offense to someone telling them to THINK before doing something illegal. :screwy: That's like telling people "do the right thing and don't rob a bank" and people taking offense to it.

I built this car to drag race at the track. The street racing just kinda happened and as I learned quickly, came with the territory. I never had intentions of street racing from the start though.

On that note, if anybody wants to run a 9 sec Evo at the track for fun let me know. :cheers:

I agree! :cheers:

Tracy
11-05-2008, 05:36 PM
P.S. I can't afford to race at the track right now either....so I just don't race. I enjoy driving with the stereo loud and the windows down until I can afford it again :)

WhiteAccord
11-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Good thread... Especially for me, I recently stopped racing on the streets, and have been tempted to do so by other people. With a thread like this allows myself to even have a better reason to stop racing on the streets. Im young and what not and dont even have much to risk.. My life is enough to stop.

Take it to the track people.

Tech5
11-05-2008, 05:41 PM
me too!
I second everything you say. Im tired of the street racing and wish people would just hit the track. That is for the people I do and don't like.

-Ant.

Ed
11-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Excellent choice. reps for you.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
11-05-2008, 05:48 PM
6) If you don't agree with street racing, press the back button and find another forum to post in. This section of the website is about racing of all forms (street, drag, road course, auto-cross). If you don't like any part of that, we encourage you to post elsewhere.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46299

Maniacc
11-05-2008, 05:56 PM
even if it's $20, is $5 dollars really that huge of a difference?
If you're into modifying cars and have to work hard for your money, then yes it is a huge difference. Plus, I could get a fresh pack of cigarettes and a drink for less than 5 bucks. So to me, it's a lot.

355 LT1 Z28
11-05-2008, 05:58 PM
even if it's $20, is $5 dollars really that huge of a difference?

Never said it was a big difference, just was wanting to know.

Like i said i wasnt tryin to be a smartass.

Ed
11-05-2008, 06:00 PM
If you're into modifying cars and have to work hard for your money, then yes it is a huge difference. Plus, I could get a fresh pack of cigarettes and a drink for less than 5 bucks. So to me, it's a lot.

You need a new job then. $5 extra for racing legally is does not hurt my wallet at all, and we are all hurting because of the economy...

Never said it was a big difference, just was wanting to know.

Like i said i wasnt tryin to be a smartass.

im not trying to be a smartass either...

i wouldn't know where it's $15 dollars btw, i dont drag race. :cheers:

Maniacc
11-05-2008, 06:02 PM
You need a new job then. $5 extra for racing legally is does not hurt my wallet at all, and we are all hurting because of the economy...
See, I'm a cheap mofo. 5 bucks is a lot to me.

And racing at the track is fun, during track events. I wouldn't waste gas to drive to one on a friday night.

Ed
11-05-2008, 06:04 PM
See, I'm a cheap mofo. 5 bucks is a lot to me.

And racing at the track is fun, during track events. I wouldn't waste gas to drive to one on a friday night.

that's cool. we are all different. :cheers:

how's the wrx?

Maniacc
11-05-2008, 06:05 PM
that's cool. we are all different. :cheers:

how's the wrx?
Phosho.

Car's holding up, for now. Haha, I would ask you about your Evo but lets not threadjack. :)

quickdodgeŽ
11-05-2008, 06:43 PM

Beautiful post, man. You got reps from me every time I can give them to you. I like seeing people waking up and growing up. Good job. Later, QD.

Bridged
11-05-2008, 06:51 PM
^its 15 bucks to race at a track. If that is really breaking your bank, you need a new job or lifestyle.

-Ant.
Dif tracks dif prices. Up here in Ohio it's 35. It closest track to me in GA is 2 hours away that's a 1/4th.

And I work at the government center in the elections office. I might not make much, but atleast i'm doing my part in the world. Someone as to do it.

It's not breaking my bank, it's throwing money away that could be used for something other than being a waste for one stupid race. :cheers:

TIGERJC
11-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Since you're a admin now, how about you delete the words below the kills forum

Vteckidd
11-05-2008, 07:27 PM
don't be such a crybaby I'm just keeping a personal grievance and war from 2 sponsors out of a thread.

2.3 Evo 8
11-05-2008, 07:35 PM

I did no such thing. I could care less if you street race or not.

Tech5
11-05-2008, 07:36 PM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/8735000/ngbbs445656af17e6f.jpg ....

CHADbee
11-05-2008, 11:38 PM
i understand phil, i used to have the attitude of "fuck the track" but sometimes things happen that change the way you look at life. the choices others make is their choice and even though id love to scream "dont street race" at everybody people have to learn on their own. your lucky a video got through to you, it didnt take something much worse.

please be safe out there people.

Jaimecbr900
11-06-2008, 02:13 PM
6) If you don't agree with street racing, press the back button and find another forum to post in. This section of the website is about racing of all forms (street, drag, road course, auto-cross). If you don't like any part of that, we encourage you to post elsewhere.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46299

The irony of you using this as a reason to cry about his sig is so thick you can cut it with a knife.:rolleyes:

Jason..
11-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Lol.All because you got butt hurt over my post about your sig.....

2.3 Evo 8
11-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Lol.All because you got butt hurt over my post about your sig.....

Thats pretty funny because i see it the other way around. If you didn't get all butt hurt about my sig, none of this shit would have happened.

Lankhoss
11-07-2008, 02:50 AM
People get offended, because in your sig you are basically saying that if someone does something you don't agree with, they are WRONG (would be the opposite of doing the "right thing" right?)

If you feel like you are really doing something good and right in your life, then stick with it. That's what defines character in someone.

However, I think a lot of these videos and stories police share with people are nothing more than propaganda. I think pretty much everyone on this forum who does or has raced on the street would get equally pissed off if they saw people doing it around others who aren't a part of it. Going out on the highway late at night where no one else is around is completely different than racing down some damned suburban street with cross roads, driveways, sidewalks, and other areas where people may be. People get mangled, thrown from vehicles, beheaded, burned, paralyzed, and maimed while following traffic laws as well. Driving is dangerous......and the most dangerous thing is the STUPID people that drive. I can't imagine being in a position where I could have POSSIBLY t-boned another vehicle (unless the one with me wrecked into me or vice versa).

I don't have a problem with people endangering themselves, that's your decision. But if you're too stupid to know where the line between possibly hurting yourself and hurting other non-involved parties is, then you probably shouldn't even leave your house.

If the law and government was REALLY as concerned about street racing as they claim to be, then there'd be easier ways to have your car covered if it was wrecked at a track and have factory vehicles still covered under warranty if they were damaged at the track.

I'll be perfectly honest with you.........racing at a track; be it a drag strip or road course, scares the living shit out of me. It's way more scary than anything I've ever done on a highway.

Jason..
11-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Maybe so......but I still laugh at what a lil post turned into a huge deal!!!!

Thats pretty funny because i see it the other way around. If you didn't get all butt hurt about my sig, none of this shit would have happened.

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2008, 07:52 AM
People get offended, because in your sig you are basically saying that if someone does something you don't agree with, they are WRONG (would be the opposite of doing the "right thing" right?)

Actually, the bottomline is that wrong is wrong no matter what excuse we all convince ourselves with. I'm guilty of putting the hammer down every once in a while. I drive pretty fast everywhere I go. But I'm not going to justify MY wrong doing with some BS excuse(s). It's WRONG, period. Everything else is really nothing more than justifications.

If you feel like you are really doing something good and right in your life, then stick with it. That's what defines character in someone.

So does owning up to the fact that you're screwing up. ;)

I don't have a problem with people endangering themselves, that's your decision. But if you're too stupid to know where the line between possibly hurting yourself and hurting other non-involved parties is, then you probably shouldn't even leave your house.

There's the problem with your statement. When anyone, including myself, races another car down ANY public street where there is a chance of hurting someone else, an innocent driver, then they are not "just endangering themselves" are they? Are there times when it's LESS likely? Absolutely. But unless you OWN the road you're racing on or at the track where there is no chance of anyone coming the other way......there is ALWAYS a chance to hurt someone else.

If the law and government was REALLY as concerned about street racing as they claim to be, then there'd be easier ways to have your car covered if it was wrecked at a track and have factory vehicles still covered under warranty if they were damaged at the track.

Because you have coverage for "street racing"???? So if you're not covered doing something illegal, what's the difference? :thinking:

I'll be perfectly honest with you.........racing at a track; be it a drag strip or road course, scares the living shit out of me. It's way more scary than anything I've ever done on a highway.

Why? The surface is far more even than any public road. They have EMT's sitting there in case something goes wrong. You have people making sure the cars, people, and rules are followed. So what is there to be scared of there as opposed to some dark street behind some warehouse? :thinking:

umairejaz
11-07-2008, 08:12 AM
To OP, very commendable post.

TIGERJC
11-07-2008, 08:41 AM
I thought agruements over street racing was not permitted in this section?

I remember not even a year ago Kidd banned someone for doing this, I am just trying to understand what are the new rules b/c I guess that disclaimer that you see when u click on kills forum doesn't mean anything anymore like it use to

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2008, 08:45 AM

I remember not even a year ago Kidd banned someone for doing this, I am just trying to understand what are the new rules b/c I guess that disclaimer that you see when u click on kills forum doesn't mean anything anymore like it use to

This began as a discussion over people getting butt hurt over a sig, which is stupid.

If we want to split hairs, then there would be no threads in the KF since arguments about car vs car and call outs that get personal aren't supposed to be allowed either.

TIGERJC
11-07-2008, 08:49 AM
This began as a discussion over people getting butt hurt over a sig, which is stupid.

If we want to split hairs, then there would be no threads in the KF since arguments about car vs car and call outs that get personal aren't supposed to be allowed either.
Need to know IF is ok if we allow this thread but then delete others? Not splitting hairs, trying to understand the rules, which I saw enforced in the past years

2.3 Evo 8
11-07-2008, 08:55 AM

Nobody is arguing so take off your mod crown for a second. The adults are just having a discussion.

Move along.

TIGERJC
11-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Nobody is arguing so take off your mod crown for a second. The adults are just having a discussion.

Move along.
Who is arguing dumbass, I am just trying to get some clarification on the subject so I DON'T WRONG anyone else if I delete their thread or hand out a ban b/c they feel that they must tell the world how they feel.

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Need to know IF is ok if we allow this thread but then delete others? Not splitting hairs, trying to understand the rules, which I saw enforced in the past years

There are plenty of threads in the KF that got "deleted" to protect people from getting in trouble. That's not technically allowed either, but it was done. Right? I mean, if Thacker and LT1Ultra can continuously call out people and do so breaking the rules and they're allowed to continue......that's what I'm talking about splitting hairs.

As far as this thread goes, if it gets out of hand I'll be happy to cut it off myself. Right now, we're going to squash all this cry baby crying over someone's sig that doesn't break any rules on any forum of IA.

Ironically enough, people don't care about tits, half naked women, political, racist, nor any other item in someone's sig, yet they cry about a guy who says "take it to the track"?????? Whatever. It's stupid and we're going to squash it right here.

Vteckidd
11-07-2008, 09:14 AM
man, TigerJC you need to stop trying to take things so literal.

That rule that Thacker Posted was to keep people like QD coming in EVERY THREAD and saying "street racing is gay your retarded for doing it".

While that is his opnion and i respect it, this forum is for street racing and other types of racing.

Phil is obvioulsy not going in every thread and posting his views. His signature is fine, ive said it can stay.

This thread was about him NOT street racing anymore. He has not passed judegement on anyone else in this thread, he was merely stating the reason behind his sig, and why he has stopped racing on the streeet.

Since Thacker made a thread about Phil not racing on the street cause he was scared which we all know is not true, phil wanted to just explain himself, and imo, basically say "Hey guys im done, i hope you be safe, and i hope you understand why im not doing it anymore"

almost like a good bye.

The thread stays, and so does his sig

TIGERJC
11-07-2008, 09:14 AM
There are plenty of threads in the KF that got "deleted" to protect people from getting in trouble. That's not technically allowed either, but it was done. Right? I mean, if Thacker and LT1Ultra can continuously call out people and do so breaking the rules and they're allowed to continue......that's what I'm talking about splitting hairs.

As far as this thread goes, if it gets out of hand I'll be happy to cut it off myself. Right now, we're going to squash all this cry baby crying over someone's sig that doesn't break any rules on any forum of IA.

Ironically enough, people don't care about tits, half naked women, political, racist, nor any other item in someone's sig, yet they cry about a guy who says "take it to the track"?????? Whatever. It's stupid and we're going to squash it right here.
And thats what I was looking for. If I am unsure about a call I post up asking for other mods opinons on the matter.

2.3 Evo 8
11-07-2008, 09:18 AM
I think pretty much everyone on this forum who does or has raced on the street would get equally pissed off if they saw people doing it around others who aren't a part of it. Going out on the highway late at night where no one else is around is completely different than racing down some damned suburban street with cross roads, driveways, sidewalks, and other areas where people may be.

That same highway you speak of, things could go wrong and there are cars out there when we raced. Maybe not on our side of the road, but on the other side there was.

You and I have been on that road NUMEROUS times and you have to admit, there are cars coming the opposite direction. You would be foolish not to admit your tire couldn't blow out and you cross the median into oncoming traffice. There is always "light" traffic on that highway even at 2 a.m.

I've also seen deer along that same highway. Hitting one of them could cause your car to go in a different direction and go into oncoming traffic.

I'm just being realistic on the highway comment. I will agree though that I think THAT particular section of highway is the SAFEST at 2 a.m. IF you are going to street race, BUT it's not 100% safe. I would even go as far as saying I think that is the ONLY somewhat safe place to race that I know of because of the fact it has very light traffice late at night.

It took me a while to stop lieing to myself about it being safe.

How many times have you driven the road you are going to race on to check it for debri? I never did. I sent someone ahead of us to check for police and deer, but if they don't look for debri your playing russian roulette. Hitting something at 140 mph on the highway could be fatal especially popping a tire.

I have to agree with Jaime, at the track you have the best surface available and paramedics and a fire truck standing by. :cheers: If debri gets on the track they stop racing until it is removed by the sweeper truck, even the littliest pieces.

T.S.
11-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Nice post phil! +1 if i can sir. :goodjob:

2.3 Evo 8
11-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Since Thacker made a thread about Phil not racing on the street cause he was scared which we all know is not true, phil wanted to just explain himself, and imo, basically say "Hey guys im done, i hope you be safe, and i hope you understand why im not doing it anymore"

almost like a good bye.

:cheers:

2.3 Evo 8
11-07-2008, 09:25 AM

Who is arguing dumbass, I am just trying to get some clarification on the subject so I DON'T WRONG anyone else if I delete their thread or hand out a ban b/c they feel that they must tell the world how they feel.

If nobody is arguing, why even ask your question. DUMBASS!

TIGERJC
11-07-2008, 09:31 AM
If nobody is arguing, why even ask your question. DUMBASS!
Ppl's statements then :D

go fuck off

2.3 Evo 8
11-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Ppl's statements then :D

go fuck off

Eat a peter! :boobies:

Lankhoss
11-07-2008, 10:41 AM
That same highway you speak of, things could go wrong and there are cars out there when we raced. Maybe not on our side of the road, but on the other side there was.

You and I have been on that road NUMEROUS times and you have to admit, there are cars coming the opposite direction. You would be foolish not to admit your tire couldn't blow out and you cross the median into oncoming traffice. There is always "light" traffic on that highway even at 2 a.m.

I've also seen deer along that same highway. Hitting one of them could cause your car to go in a different direction and go into oncoming traffic.

I'm just being realistic on the highway comment. I will agree though that I think THAT particular section of highway is the SAFEST at 2 a.m. IF you are going to street race, BUT it's not 100% safe. I would even go as far as saying I think that is the ONLY somewhat safe place to race that I know of because of the fact it has very light traffice late at night.

It took me a while to stop lieing to myself about it being safe.

How many times have you driven the road you are going to race on to check it for debri? I never did. I sent someone ahead of us to check for police and deer, but if they don't look for debri your playing russian roulette. Hitting something at 140 mph on the highway could be fatal especially popping a tire.

I have to agree with Jaime, at the track you have the best surface available and paramedics and a fire truck standing by. :cheers: If debri gets on the track they stop racing until it is removed by the sweeper truck, even the littliest pieces.

You think hitting debris at 70 - 80mph can't be fatal? You think going those speeds isn't enough to cross the median and go into oncoming traffic on the other side? Have you ever seen the result of hitting a dear at going HALF the speed of the speed limit on the interstate? Rarely is the car not totalled. I worked in a lady's house who had two broken hands, and was almost decapatated from an accident on that interstate. She was going the speed limit, a moving truck on the opposite side was going the speed limit. Somehow a wheel blew off the truck and bounced across the median. She never saw it, and it came smashing through the upper windshield and literally tore her roof off....almost taking her head with it. The impact caused both of her hands (on the steering wheel) to break. I was driving to Florida for work during a very heavy rainstorm, and SAW a guy change lanes on I-75N and lose control. He flew across the median, and also flew across all lanes of opposing traffic on my side of the interstate right behind with such speed he literally went flying through the air off the other side of the highway. My sister was almost killed in an accident at the age of 16 when her friend spun out of control doing 30mph.

I agree that it increases the risk, but it's not like a light switch where if you're following the speed limit you're safe, but if you go fast now you're gonna kill everyone within a half mile radius around you. I don't think I have so much of an issue with people who don't like street racing, as I do in the way they present it. "Oh look, bloody bodies!! The only way this can happen is if you street race!!" And the stories where innocent pedestrians are hit, or other cars t-boned.....are the most ridiculous scenarios I've ever heard. I don't know anyone who organizes a race where you pass crossroads or driveways (and if I did, rest assured I'd never hang out with them again). People who are bystanders to organized illegal races....being dumb enough to stand (or DRIVE) on the road while it's happening? Those people are asking for it, and sometimes get what they ask for.

How many fatal accidents have you heard about because of debris or animals on the road on that interstate? How many people have lost control and flown across the median at ridiculous speeds that you know of? For every horror story about the results of a street race, there's an equally horrific story from people who were obeying traffic laws or made an "honest mistake." I'd rather drive my car on a highway filled with 100% of intelligent people street racing the entire time, than 50% of them being complete idiots and going the speed limit. I personally do get pissed when I see cars flying by others and changing lanes on the highway racing each other. I get infuriated when I see guys on crotch rockets blasting through heavy traffic areas with no regard for safety, squeezing between cars and going 30 - 40mph faster than everyone else.

I can get cancer from eating dairy products. I could die if I don't routinely go to a doctor and have them shove a hose up my ass and wash my colon out. The media can scare the crap out of you with all sorts of information and pictures/videos. There are germs, bacteria, virii, and diseases you could easily get from going to certain places and being exposed to certain things. Allergins that can be deadly. It's DANGEROUS to leave your house on a daily basis. But you know what? I'm 30 years old, and these MILLIONS of things that could kill me each day haven't hit me. The most dangerous thing in the world is ignorance, and people who are ignorant and insubordinate are VERY dangerous when they decide they should race other people on public highways.

You and I get along just fine Phil, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way. I'm debating, not arguing. I'm not trying to change your opinion, and I honestly wouldn't make efforts to "convince" people to street race. I just think that all the hype around how crazy dangerous it is...is just that - hype.

You seem to feel strongly about your decision, and in your mind and heart it is the RIGHT thing to do. I commend and respect you for that decision. I said it before, and I'll say it again.....if you stand up for what you truly think is right in your heart, whether that is an unpopular opinion or not, I think it says a lot about your character.

Lankhoss
11-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Actually, the bottomline is that wrong is wrong no matter what excuse we all convince ourselves with. I'm guilty of putting the hammer down every once in a while. I drive pretty fast everywhere I go. But I'm not going to justify MY wrong doing with some BS excuse(s). It's WRONG, period. Everything else is really nothing more than justifications.

So does owning up to the fact that you're screwing up. ;)

There's the problem with your statement. When anyone, including myself, races another car down ANY public street where there is a chance of hurting someone else, an innocent driver, then they are not "just endangering themselves" are they? Are there times when it's LESS likely? Absolutely. But unless you OWN the road you're racing on or at the track where there is no chance of anyone coming the other way......there is ALWAYS a chance to hurt someone else.

Because you have coverage for "street racing"???? So if you're not covered doing something illegal, what's the difference? :thinking:

Why? The surface is far more even than any public road. They have EMT's sitting there in case something goes wrong. You have people making sure the cars, people, and rules are followed. So what is there to be scared of there as opposed to some dark street behind some warehouse? :thinking:

The same government who you apparently allow to TELL you what is right and wrong also unjustly makes you pay federal taxes each year. Look that one up and see how "right" it is to follow those laws. Whenever you DRIVE down a public street with other people on it, there are tons of crap that can go wrong. YOUR statement is wrong, because if you are racing it doesn't just magically make it dangerous, where there was no risk before.

And yes, I have coverage on my car if I am speeding, run a redlight, talk on my cell phone, get a BJ, or read a book while driving. If I go to a drag strip and wear all of my safety equipment, then hit a oil spot on the track that sends my car careening into the wall....then no, it's not covered. Also, I don't race my car on dark streets behind a warehouse.

You are taking a situation with a GIGANTIC gray area and making it very black and white. The problem I have with this, is that society focuses on the wrong things that endager people. We harp and harp and harp on how "safe" it is to follow traffic laws, but there is no punishment for being a fucking RETARD. And that is really the issue, more than speeding or racing, or whatever else.

Tracy
11-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Blah. This thread is lame now. Everyone get over yourself. Poop heads.

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2008, 11:28 AM
The same government who you apparently allow to TELL you what is right and wrong also unjustly makes you pay federal taxes each year. Look that one up and see how "right" it is to follow those laws.

Go on tangents much??? :rolleyes: What do taxes have to do with illegal street racing? :thinking:

Whenever you DRIVE down a public street with other people on it, there are tons of crap that can go wrong. YOUR statement is wrong, because if you are racing it doesn't just magically make it dangerous, where there was no risk before.

Dude, you live in a parallel universe where common sense doesn't seem to thrive. Whatever. If you think for a minute that you guys street racing down ANY PUBLIC street doesn't exponentially expose both YOU AND INNOCENT people that may be on the same road......then you and I have nothing further to discuss.

Bottomline is that everyone one of US, notice I said US, needs to own up to the FACT that when we engage in this type of activity that it very well could end up hurting INNOCENT people that are merely driving by.

And yes, I have coverage on my car if I am speeding, run a redlight, talk on my cell phone, get a BJ, or read a book while driving. If I go to a drag strip and wear all of my safety equipment, then hit a oil spot on the track that sends my car careening into the wall....then no, it's not covered.

Name 1 track that let's oil spills sit on the track.

Also, I don't race my car on dark streets behind a warehouse.

No? Then I guess you race down well light, ie. well traveled, streets then? :thinking:

You are taking a situation with a GIGANTIC gray area and making it very black and white. The problem I have with this, is that society focuses on the wrong things that endager people. We harp and harp and harp on how "safe" it is to follow traffic laws, but there is no punishment for being a fucking RETARD. And that is really the issue, more than speeding or racing, or whatever else.

While I agree with you to a certain degree, what we are talking about here is different. Example: The BIGGEST RETARD ON IA, i.e. Thacker the bragger, didn't think his all mighty chariot could ever lose a race let alone fly over a curb at 100 mph and end up in a ditch. But both DID happen......right or wrong? So therefore, even RETARDS don't think it can happen to them yet it does. Hence why there are rules that wouldn't apply to you or I, yet are needed for RETARDS like Thacker. Follow me? ;) :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Blah. This thread is lame now. Everyone get over yourself. Poop heads.

Who let the split tail in the boys room???? :ninja: :D :lmfao:

Tracy
11-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Who let the split tail in the boys room???? :ninja: :D :lmfao:

Oh hell naw! Split tail??? That is so awesome. MUAH!

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Oh hell naw! Split tail??? That is so awesome. MUAH!

I knew you'd get a kick out of that......;) :D

BTW, your puppy is very cool. Saw it last night.....:goodjob:

T.S.
11-07-2008, 12:38 PM
yes puppy is cute, i got to play with him while me and paul were talking to Dan. ;)

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2008, 12:51 PM
yes puppy is cute, i got to play with him while me and paul were talking to Dan. ;)

Speaking of split tails......who let this foo' in here????? :D :lmfao:

Lankhoss
11-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Well, you are kind of missing my point.

I agree, that in an area where people are racing definitely increases chances of bad things happening by a LOT. However, in desolate areas, it hardly makes a difference.

The difference is, IDIOTS will go race in neighborhoods or areas with intersections, anyone with a brain in their head will stay away from situations like this. My point is that the people who don't know the difference between the two scenarios are FAR more dangerous than the act itself.

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Well, you are kind of missing my point.

I agree, that in an area where people are racing definitely increases chances of bad things happening by a LOT. However, in desolate areas, it hardly makes a difference.

The difference is, IDIOTS will go race in neighborhoods or areas with intersections, anyone with a brain in their head will stay away from situations like this. My point is that the people who don't know the difference between the two scenarios are FAR more dangerous than the act itself.

Oh, I got your point. My point is simply that people that got all butt hurt about his sig need to get a life of their own. Who cares what he has in his sig? Is it racist? Is it breaking any rules? Is it advertising something he shouldn't? Then what's the big deal?

It's just like Thacker suing people because they wrecked his car AT AN ILLEGAL STREET RACE........:screwy: .....Ummmm, WTF???? :screwy: You're breaking the law, yet you want that same law to protect you????? WTF???? Same idea here. It's an open forum with clear rules. He didn't break any. Yet people want to ban him, shun him, and kick him out of a forum where all of you are bragging about doing something ILLEGAL........Ummmm, WHAT?????:lmfao:

Lankhoss
11-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Eh, I don't care about his sig heh

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Eh, I don't care about his sig heh

Cool, then we agree. :goodjob:

GGPIS3
11-07-2008, 03:33 PM
hugs for everyone

03CobraAV8R
11-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Splendid thread.

I was flying over I-20 the other day down low & slow and I decided to engage a cocky Civic who appeared to be traveling in excess of 100 MPH. I throttled up to about 120 kts and descended to the published engagement altitude of ~100 ft AGL. The sight of my flying machine must've startled the fellow, and he slowed down, as did I. Then, in a desperate attempt to get away from this strange flying object, he went WOT, but it was not enough - I poured the coals to her and off she went with a terrific surge forward, putting several airplane lengths on him - when suddenly, his vehicle veered to the left, careened off of the road and down into a ditch. I laughed at the steaming pile of wreckage, gave him a wag of the wings and headed for home. That'll learn him not to mess with us magnificent men and our flying machines.

Also, this thread needed this .gif for no particular reason. That bag that he's vigorously clutching is actually a bag of dynamite, multiple sticks of it. What the hell is he doing delivering a bag of dynamite? Must be having a senior moment.

http://www.03svtcobra.net/gifs2/USPSvet.jpg

This post has nothing to do with the topic at hand, how about that.

SmackedInATL
04-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Phil is back at it! Street racing again.

collins
04-27-2009, 12:29 AM
lol you dramarific mofo! are ppl not allowed to change their minds these days?

2.3 Evo 8
04-27-2009, 01:14 AM
Phil is back at it! Street racing again.

I did some spirited driving with a friend of mine, far from "street racing again".

I wish I could go street racing again, i'd drag that Cobra for as much money as your piggy bank would allow. Probably not much though.

SmackedInATL
04-27-2009, 08:55 AM
I did some spirited driving with a friend of mine, far from "street racing again".

I wish I could go street racing again, i'd drag that Cobra for as much money as your piggy bank would allow. Probably not much though.

ROFL!! Yeah, I know you would drag my Cobra, but let me put as much money in my car as you have in that Evo, then we will race. $40K invested and can't even hit a 9.

I just think it is funny how worked up you let Thacker get you. Its okay, I let him get to me before too, but have learned my lesson. Guess it takes a time or two for some people.

stillaneon
04-27-2009, 09:18 AM
ROFL!! Yeah, I know you would drag my Cobra, but let me put as much money in my car as you have in that Evo, then we will race. $40K invested and can't even hit a 9.

I just think it is funny how worked up you let Thacker get you. Its okay, I let him get to me before too, but have learned my lesson. Guess it takes a time or two for some people.

So it's acceptable when you tell someone that it's not fair because they have more money invested in their car. But when someone says it to you, it's not a valid excuse. :thinking:

SmackedInATL
04-27-2009, 09:21 AM
So it's acceptable when you tell someone that it's not fair because they have more money invested in their car. But when someone says it to you, it's not a valid excuse. :thinking:

BITCH, what the fuck do you not understand? I would have drug you piece of shit Neon WHEN I WAS BONE STOCK. You are a fucking dumb ass and shows every time you bring up "bang for the buck" regarding your fucking Neon.

stillaneon
04-27-2009, 09:32 AM
BITCH, what the fuck do you not understand? I would have drug you piece of shit Neon WHEN I WAS BONE STOCK. You are a fucking dumb ass and shows every time you bring up "bang for the buck" regarding your fucking Neon.

lol at you dragging me.

You ran a worse time than I did.

Stop being a bitch. If I could have gotten a valid tag that night you and I were leaving Gwinnett, I would have just turned the boost up and walked you then.

Oh well. Fortunately, most of the people on this sight know that your an idiot who jumped into the scene because you bought a car that you thought would be fast.

Too bad you wasted your money like a hick who won the lottery.

Unfortunately, instead of wasting money on my car, I am trying to prepare for a kid.

Once I get used to the constraints on my budget, I'll be putting money back into the neon, and with a measely 600 or so dollars, I'll be out there watching the look on your face as my tail-lights get smaller.

Well I'll try to, the rearview on the neon is kinda small.

Until then, keep running your mouth. Or you could go back to IS and talk shit there. Since it's probably hard swinging on Thacker's nuts on this site.

On_Her_Face
04-27-2009, 09:35 AM
If you are as quick as you say StillaNeon, I'll run you!

stillaneon
04-27-2009, 09:37 AM
If you are as quick as you say StillaNeon, I'll run you!

I'm not that fast, but I can hold on to a stock Cobra.

I'll run you Billy, doesn't matter.

It's all for shits anyway.

Just tired of listening to Aaron.

He talks shit, gets walked, comes up with an excuse. Dumps money into the car, wins a few races and becomes god.

2.3 Evo 8
04-27-2009, 11:48 AM
$40K invested and can't even hit a 9.

I've only been to the track ONCE in the car at this level and that was when I went to Ohio for the Buschur shootout. :lmfao: I haven't been to the track since that day. What are you talking about?

Who do you know that goes out on their first try and hits a 9 sec pass? :screwy: Very rare if it does happen. I need more seat time also.

Thacker doesn't get to me. He is actually pretty cool in person as we have all learned. It just bothers me that he backed out of 2 of our races now. He said he was going to drag the Evo with his goat, then the video of my car appeared and he DISAPPEARED.

Now he asked me for a dig run in his Camaro for $300 WITH HIM GIVING ME A 1/2 CAR and I accepted all of his terms EXCEPT I SAID I DON'T NEED A 1/2 A CAR, LETS DO IT HEADS UP. He backs out again.

I don't want him saying, "I had to give you a 1/2 car" bullshit. I just want a fair heads up race with no BS excuses.

My car RIPS it out of the hole on the street even spinning all 4 while doing it. He will never catch my car, not with 125 shot atleast.

Incontt
04-27-2009, 02:40 PM
people who have neer run 9s in a streetcar have no idea how hard it is. If it was easy everyone would be doing it

SmackedInATL
04-27-2009, 03:28 PM
people who have neer run 9s in a streetcar have no idea how hard it is. If it was easy everyone would be doing it

Thats true, but once you are $40k in to it, don't you think that would make it easier?

SmackedInATL
04-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm not that fast, but I can hold on to a stock Cobra.

I'll run you Billy, doesn't matter.

It's all for shits anyway.

Just tired of listening to Aaron.

He talks shit, gets walked, comes up with an excuse. Dumps money into the car, wins a few races and becomes god.

LOL, I think you are pissed because you don't have any money to "dump" anywhere. Sucks for you. You will always be slow. And no, you cannot hang with a stock Terminator.

stillaneon
04-27-2009, 03:31 PM
LOL, I think you are pissed because you don't have any money to "dump" anywhere. Sucks for you. You will always be slow. And no, you cannot hang with a stock Terminator.

:blah: :blah:

2.3 Evo 8
04-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Thats true, but once you are $40k in to it, don't you think that would make it easier?

Please tell me you understand that the $40K I have in my car includes alot of cosmetic things that have nothing to do with power.

Carbon fiber seats, roll cage, and other numerous parts not necessarily needed for a 9 sec pass. You can build a 9 sec Evo for alot less then $40K, but it won't have all the bells and whistles that mine does.

I also bought the best of the best so I spent a little more than one needs to. Most people don't put a $4200 carbon fiber clutch in their Evo's. I did.

Hope that clears things up.

TIGERJC
04-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Why do ppl care so much when it comes to what phil does? This will prolly encourage him to make a thread everytime he makes a change in his life.
For example -"Today I would like to let everyone know I will no longer eat food with a lot of salt in it b/c it is dangerous to my health"

2 weeks later
"Anyone want to go to a koran bbq?"

Let phil race or not race, I still don't think you need to make a thread about

SmackedInATL
04-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Please tell me you understand that the $40K I have in my car includes alot of cosmetic things that have nothing to do with power.

Carbon fiber seats, roll cage, and other numerous parts not necessarily needed for a 9 sec pass. You can build a 9 sec Evo for alot less then $40K, but it won't have all the bells and whistles that mine does.

I also bought the best of the best so I spent a little more than one needs to. Most people don't put a $4200 carbon fiber clutch in their Evo's. I did.

Hope that clears things up.

Phil, please understand I'm just fuckin' with you man! "Chillax"

2.3 Evo 8
04-27-2009, 09:49 PM
I know you are homey.