PDA

View Full Version : WHO REALLY HAS THE LEAST EDUCATED VOTERS?

4dmin
11-05-2008, 03:52 PM
WHO REALLY HAS THE LEAST EDUCATED VOTERS?

So since this has been brought up time and time again I figured I would sort states by which state went to who and post up their national education rank...

looks like Dems States are far superior in education :goodjob:

*school ranking i pulled for a 06-07 ranking done by independent firm.

Vteckidd
11-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Just cause you graduate doesnt make you intelligent ;)

i know plenty of college grads that cant hold a candle to you, jaime, tony, me, etc.

I think to be fair, both sides have ignorant voters

Revmaynard
11-05-2008, 03:57 PM

i know plenty of college grads that cant hold a candle to you, jaime, tony, me, etc.

1000% correct.

BanginJimmy
11-05-2008, 03:59 PM
not a good indicator. Break it down into individual states. You will find that districts that voted for McCain FAR out number the districts that voted for Obama. The only areas that Obama won in most states are the low income/high density areas.

Last night I saw a report that said that only 13 of 80 counties in PA voted for Obama, but those counties were all high density areas.

4dmin
11-05-2008, 03:59 PM

this obviously has to be taken on a case by case basis but... it was previously brought up about voters and current education standards to seem to be stronger in blue states.

4dmin
11-05-2008, 04:01 PM
not a good indicator. Break it down into individual states. You will find that districts that voted for McCain FAR out number the districts that voted for Obama. The only areas that Obama won in most states are the low income/high density areas.

Last night I saw a report that said that only 13 of 80 counties in PA voted for Obama, but those counties were all high density areas.

high density being suburbs like Atlanta ;)

sorry but school systems in large suburbs are vast superior to bubble fuck rural areas. it comes down to budgets

BanginJimmy
11-05-2008, 04:01 PM
here is an example of what I was talking about.

http://elections.foxnews.com/states_map/index.html

BanginJimmy
11-05-2008, 04:05 PM
high density being suburbs like Atlanta ;)

sorry but school systems in large suburbs are vast superior to bubble fuck rural areas. it comes down to budgets

but the inner city schools are vastly lower than those suburbs.

tony
11-05-2008, 04:15 PM
lol I'm just kind of taken back that Mike has become the voice of reason, I'll digress on this issue.

Dirty Octopus™
11-05-2008, 04:16 PM

i do believe BOTH sides have ignorant voters but why is it that, according to quite a few on this forum, the outcome of yesterdays events was attributed to a vast amount of uneducated, welfare bound, black citizens? :thinking:

4dmin
11-05-2008, 04:17 PM
here is an example of what I was talking about.

http://elections.foxnews.com/states_map/index.html

well i used Penn as your example and here you go... don't think "high density areas" are doing to bad... i highlighted the counties that voted for obama and they are already sorted by rank ;)

BobbyFresco
11-05-2008, 04:18 PM
i do believe BOTH sides have ignorant voters but why is it that, according to quite a few on this forum, the outcome of yesterdays events was attributed to a vast amount of uneducated, welfare bound, black citizens? :thinking:

Whatever helps 'em sleep better at night, right?:lmfao:

BobbyFresco
11-05-2008, 04:22 PM
I'd like to reiterate that I am thoroughly surprised by MrKidd's disposition and that of a few other members of this forum. I don't see eye to eye with him but I respect him for his positive attitude. Some ppl however, have shown their true colors.

DrivenMind
11-05-2008, 04:30 PM
lol... everyone really already knows the answer to this question.

The only reason conservative politics gets a foot hold is due to people becoming complacent, or in need of a good old fashion war.

Jimmy, Fox news doesn't count.

BanginJimmy
11-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I am pretty sure that fox news and MSNBC have the same counts from the same counties as they got the info from the same place.

As far as conservatism goes, I dont think you can count the current republicans in washington as conservatives. I know McCain is as far from a true conservative as Clinton was. Herman Cane calls then RINOs. Rupublicans In Name Only. True conservatives do well in elections. Bush was an average president in a time when we needed a good one and that worked against republicans this year.

Will Obama be any better than Bush? I doubt it, but I will hold off on further opinions on how I think he will do until I have something to go on besides conjecture.

Vteckidd
11-05-2008, 04:52 PM
lol I'm just kind of taken back that Mike has become the voice of reason, I'll digress on this issue.

lol

I dont think its fair to say "educated voters only voted for ...." cause then you can get into what the definition EDUCATED means. Does that mean college degree, ACT, SAT Scores, Money made, etc etc etc

Obama got a tremendous amount of votes from black, white, brown, young and old. Mccain got almost 50% of the popular vote.

I think there is equal "educated" and "stupid" people on both sides

SPOOLIN
11-05-2008, 05:56 PM
School based education, and being educated about your candidate...ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS.

4dmin
11-05-2008, 06:11 PM
School based education, and being educated about your candidate...ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS.

but we are talking about general education... you can't sit there and say that informed voters aren't educated. anyone who is interested in politics and is truly informed about the issues has to be educated. generally speaking you can't get some 8th grade reading level factory worker and think he is more educated then a college graduate.

Deke
11-05-2008, 08:03 PM
From what I have seen I can honestly not give an answer. Growing up in Columbia County, GA (predominately white suburban area of Augusta) I have known a ton of uneducated Republican voters, people that don't know the issues past what Rush Limbaugh and their preacher says. These are the people that make statements like "the worse Republican is better than the best Democrat."

However, I do realize (as has been sometimes apparent in this election) that it's definitely a two way street and there are lots of people on the opposite end of the spectrum.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, stupidity knows no party lines.

okra1981
11-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey, I'm an eighth grade reading level warehouse worker with a degree and an IQ in the 130's, sorry, I just thought that was funny.
Now, there are idiots everywhere and definitely a lot of them voted both ways, but I need to point out how Mississippi, my home state, is ranked 48th now, hell yes. We almost beat California and we are moving up.