PDA

View Full Version : IA, pulled over and ticketed...would you go to court?

bijan gxe
09-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Marietta PD tagged me saying I ran a stop sign when I completely stopped. My reason for him pulling me over is because of my car....he sees rims or what not and he sees money that he thinks he can get out of me - which I dont have

The ticket is $125....would you go to court and try to fight it?

Darling Nikki
09-08-2005, 11:23 AM
well if u made a full complete stop....complete stop. like not sorta stopping. u can try and fight it but you won't win marrietta are tough so just go online in a few days and pay it.

chuck
09-08-2005, 11:23 AM
your word is normrally just viewed as hearsay against the cop, might be worth the fight but certianly not worth a lawyer...good luck though

Ricky Martin
09-08-2005, 11:25 AM
just pay it man

bijan gxe
09-08-2005, 11:26 AM
just pay it man

f8ck no!

Darling Nikki
09-08-2005, 11:26 AM
^ricky martin wtf?

BTEC
09-08-2005, 11:27 AM
I DJUST PAY THE TICKET BC THE TIME OFF WRK AND ULL PROLLY END UP PAYING THE FINE NE WAY IS JUST GONNA COST U MORE. GOOD LUCK IF U TRY TO FIGHT IT THOUGH.

Tiff-O-Bitties
09-08-2005, 11:27 AM
pay it

chuck
09-08-2005, 11:31 AM
^ricky martin wtf?
ricky martin fan club president...aka Kevykev :goodjob:

Brett
09-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Id just pay it

Bishop
09-08-2005, 11:35 AM
was this at KSU? and that sucks...my speeding ticket was under $100. lol

Darling Nikki
09-08-2005, 11:35 AM
ricky martin fan club president...aka Kevykev :goodjob:

lol ok

boosted1jz
09-08-2005, 11:38 AM
you arent going to win a case like that :( no matter how hard you try.....

might as well pay it..... or you can plea no-lo if you are 21+ and have never used it...

or you can try to plea not guilty and talk to the solicitor but i still doubt u will win that case :( sorry man

i have been able to bullshit the system quite a bit but redlights and stop signs are pretty much 100% guilty and u can never win

chris

Jon00
09-08-2005, 11:39 AM
pay it

chuck
09-08-2005, 11:41 AM
you don't have to be +21 to use a no-lo but i'd recomend saving it for something a little bigger than running a stop sign...

Scrappy
09-08-2005, 11:46 AM
just pay it, there is nothing besides words that you have for valid proof, and its a stop sign ticket. HIGHLY doubt it was because of your cars looks, thats why everyone feels the "import scene" is picked on.

B16a2 Civic
09-08-2005, 11:47 AM
UNLESS its on tape...if not, just pay...cause with a case like this, its how the cop interpreted how you "stopped" at the stop sign....in the long run if you fight, you may pay more the 125 in court cost amongst other things

Bishop
09-08-2005, 11:47 AM
you arent going to win a case like that :( no matter how hard you try.....

might as well pay it..... or you can plea no-lo if you are 21+ and have never used it...

or you can try to plea not guilty and talk to the solicitor but i still doubt u will win that case :( sorry man

i have been able to bullshit the system quite a bit but redlights and stop signs are pretty much 100% guilty and u can never win

chris
You dont have to be 21+ im 18 and i have used it.

Darling Nikki
09-08-2005, 11:50 AM
^Thats right. It does say that.So just pay it. when I got into my magnum accident that wasn't my fault at all but I got a ticket bc of the dumb ass laws in GA. I could of tried to fight it but I said screw it and went online and paid the damn thing.

Vteckidd
09-08-2005, 03:07 PM
im sorry im going to be different.
if you are under the age of 25, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS FIGHT A TICKET IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO TAKE OFF WORK, ETC.

if you pay it, you automatically lose. your guilty. you show up to court, plead and tell your side, they might let you off with a lesser traffic code, the cop may never show up and it gets thrown out, they could drop it all together and have you pay $40 court costs.

if you can afford to go, fight it, i have won in Cobb and Marietta before. you ust have to politely state your case and DRESS IN A SUIT AN WEAR A TIE. they think your a punk kid, dont show up looking like one

Bishop
09-08-2005, 03:08 PM
^yup i always go in wearing kahkis and a l/s button up shirt and a tie....works everytime.

collins
09-08-2005, 03:14 PM
would i fight it? that all depends.. in my current situation, yes, i'd fight the hell out of it, because it is a points violation. granted, its only like 2 points, maybe 3, but my record is definatly NOT clean, so i'd do everything i could to get it the hell offa there. now, if your record does NOT look like mine, and you could afford a couple points, then just go ahead and pay it. i may or may not be worth it. its just a judgement call.

HiPSI
09-08-2005, 03:20 PM
when i got a stop sign violation in dawsonville on the bike i was told that it wasn't a points violation...

Macro
09-08-2005, 04:11 PM
take it to court it will be dismissed, cops never show up

chuck
09-08-2005, 04:16 PM
stop sign violation in gwinnett isn't a points violation either...

TranceDJ06
09-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Mine is 125 also for same shit from freakin Kennesaw PD..hah I havent paid it yet

RISKYB
09-08-2005, 04:19 PM
UNLESS YOU HAVE WITNESSES, ID PROBABLY JUST PAY IT, BESIDES COPS AND COURTROOMS ARE CROOKED OR IS IT CROOKS

Darling Nikki
09-08-2005, 05:27 PM
^Amen...

bijan gxe
09-08-2005, 05:42 PM
So yall are saying to pay for a crime I didn't commit? Where's the logic in that?

I can have my proof...

I can go to the intersection and take pictures of where the cop was sitting, where the stop sign is, and where he pulled me over...

From where he was sitting, you cant even SEE the side of the intersection I was at. I went to court today, got a continuance so I can gather my evidence.

UpSideDownDesi
09-08-2005, 06:35 PM
i have used no-lo twice already within a year....how did dat happen?? lol

AznTraitor
09-08-2005, 06:55 PM
yeah....

he gave you a ticket because you have some rimz and a older generation maxima.....cuz he thought you had money....

let me tell you, when I see a old maxima rolling around on some rimz, the first thing that comes to my mind is....."that dude must have some money"

go fight it, go take your pictures, of course you are innocent, we all are innocent when we goto court. :rolleyes:

Jordan_W
09-08-2005, 07:21 PM
wtf is "no-lo"?

AznTraitor
09-08-2005, 07:47 PM
wtf is "no-lo"?

NOLO CONTENDERE - No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.

so basically you dont admit to wether you do or dont....you usually pay the fine or half of it sometimes you dont, and no points are appointed.

Jordan_W
09-08-2005, 07:47 PM
oh ok thanks

sprix!
09-08-2005, 08:04 PM
im sorry im going to be different.
if you are under the age of 25, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS FIGHT A TICKET IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO TAKE OFF WORK, ETC.

if you pay it, you automatically lose. your guilty. you show up to court, plead and tell your side, they might let you off with a lesser traffic code, the cop may never show up and it gets thrown out, they could drop it all together and have you pay $40 court costs.

if you can afford to go, fight it, i have won in Cobb and Marietta before. you ust have to politely state your case and DRESS IN A SUIT AN WEAR A TIE. they think your a punk kid, dont show up looking like one
Word... I got 4 tickets simultaneously; the sum of these tickets would have been enough to destroy my license. I went to court, fought it off (cuz it was a stinking pile of bs) and after three dates where the officer never showed up, the case was dropped. Without a court fee, I might add. There is nothing wrong with pleading not guilty. Thats the beauty of living in this country- we are innocent until proven guilty, and the courts have the burden of proof. Thats my advice- just say you didn't do it, and the officer might never show up in court....

Bishop
09-08-2005, 08:10 PM
i have used no-lo twice already within a year....how did dat happen?? lol
LOL i think i used it twice in a year....i am pretty sure i used it the first time and i know i used it when i was "street racing"

AznTraitor
09-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Word... I got 4 tickets simultaneously; the sum of these tickets would have been enough to destroy my license. I went to court, fought it off (cuz it was a stinking pile of bs) and after three dates where the officer never showed up, the case was dropped. Without a court fee, I might add. There is nothing wrong with pleading not guilty. Thats the beauty of living in this country- we are innocent until proven guilty, and the courts have the burden of proof. Thats my advice- just say you didn't do it, and the officer might never show up in court....

and if you plead not guilty, and are proven guilty....you get hit with more money.

it's a double edged sword.

Jon00
09-08-2005, 08:54 PM
LOL i think i used it twice in a year....i am pretty sure i used it the first time and i know i used it when i was "street racing"

lol what were u street racing?

teg= slow as balls

lol ^^^^ j/p with ya man