PDA

View Full Version : did age beat race in the presidentcy?

4dmin
11-04-2008, 09:58 PM
did age beat race in the presidentcy?

BanginJimmy
11-04-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm saying neither. I think Obama ran a better campaign and issues that neither had control over helped out Obama.

McCains age and Obamas race cancelled eachother out and became nonissues

fawk_you
11-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Just filled out my application for Canadian citizenship. :goodjob:

JR VQ 30 de
11-04-2008, 11:12 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj61/leaford87/l_4a4dd6721e9044e0b071174f4bcd40b6.jpg

BanginJimmy
11-04-2008, 11:12 PM
are you going to post that in every thread?

Jimmy B
11-04-2008, 11:30 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj61/leaford87/l_4a4dd6721e9044e0b071174f4bcd40b6.jpg

lol, your brain = teh kiddie phone..

Terror
11-05-2008, 12:13 AM

where do i get one of those :ninja:

lol

redpanda
11-05-2008, 01:15 AM
msnbc was declaring that voter's were concerned with age more than race

The Ren
11-05-2008, 06:11 AM
To be honest.. if McCain hadnt chose Palin.. I think hed be president instead of Obama

Ran
11-05-2008, 06:46 AM
msnbc was declaring that voter's were concerned with age more than raceOf course they are. Do you really think anyone would openly admit that race is holding the bigger sway? lol

SLOWR/T
11-05-2008, 07:05 AM

Wonder if theres a group buy or something we can do on these?

JR VQ 30 de
11-05-2008, 07:13 AM
i look at it this way lets say mccain got elected and something happen to him guess who would be our new president palinn . yea sure there are small groups who voted for obama because of his race but the majority because of how old mccain was . i think mccain should of ran for president when he was in his 60's not in his 70's .

4dmin
11-05-2008, 07:17 AM
well numbers this morning were saying hey got 60+% of young voters, like 90% of african american, and dems had something like 60% of new votes... w/ that said white voters made up 60% of Obamas support ;)

BobbyFresco
11-05-2008, 07:27 AM
well numbers this morning were saying hey got 60+% of young voters, like 90% of african american, and dems had something like 60% of new votes... w/ that said white voters made up 60% of Obamas support ;)

Could you please post this again?
Apparently, according to some ppl, Blacks singlehandedly got Obama into office.
Why, oh why, i wonder....does it matter now. After all these years, why does it matter who Black people voted for when it didn't matter before?

Better yet, I don't see any of the hypocrites bitching about the White people who voted for Mccain just because he's White. I bet it won't happen. Wagers, anyone?

Were you ppl bitching last election when Kerry, a Dem just like Obama, overwhelmingly received the Black vote? Yea, I didn't think so.

People underestimated the Black vote for all these years. People underestimated the White vote in this situation as well. Too bad the smear and fear campaign didn't scare enough ppl.

And all you people talking about moving to another country, please lmk when so I can help pack or at least see you off...:goodjob:

Bon voyage motherfuckers..

4dmin
11-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Could you please post this again?
Apparently, according to some ppl, Blacks singlehandedly got Obama into office.
Why, oh why, i wonder....does it matter now. After all these years, why does it matter who Black people voted for when it didn't matter before?

Better yet, I don't see any of the hypocrites bitching about the White people who voted for Mccain just because he's White. I bet it won't happen. Wagers, anyone?

Were you ppl bitching last election when Kerry, a Dem just like Obama, overwhelmingly received the Black vote? Yea, I didn't think so.

People underestimated the Black vote for all these years. People underestimated the White vote in this situation as well. Too bad the smear and fear campaign didn't scare enough ppl.

And all you people talking about moving to another country, please lmk when so I can help pack or at least see you off...:goodjob:

Bon voyage motherfuckers..

actually i left out he got 60% of the hispanic vote and mccain did win WHITE MALE voters ;)

streak
11-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Hey, Obama IS a better politician, he ran a great campaign. He is a brilliant debater( to pitch that B.S. he had to be) I give him kudos. reminds me of a great quote though.
"be careful what you ask for, you might just get it."

4dmin
11-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Hey, Obama IS a better politician, he ran a great campaign. He is a brilliant debater( to pitch that B.S. he had to be) I give him kudos. reminds me of a great quote though.
"be careful what you ask for, you might just get it."

http://www.viscerotica.net/pictures/commentary/fail_yoda.jpg

BobbyFresco
11-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Have you been living in the same country I have? Bush hasn't been a huge detriment to this country? Are we not damn near at rock bottom right now?

Better yet, for all you people that say that Obama is going to be single handedly responsible for the downfall of the US, how can you say that Bush isn't solely responsible for the state this country is in?

Dbl standards, much?

BanginJimmy
11-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Have you been living in the same country I have? Bush hasn't been a huge detriment to this country? Are we not damn near at rock bottom right now?

I wouldnt say Bush was at all.

Better yet, for all you people that say that Obama is going to be single handedly responsible for the downfall of the US, how can you say that Bush isn't solely responsible for the state this country is in?

Dbl standards, much?

Because I see the groundwork for the housing bubble started by the Clinton admin. I see the gutting of our intelligence community and lowering of their capabilities during the Clinton Admin.

Obama wont be the downfall of the country, but I believe he will drive this country down even further than it is now.

streak
11-05-2008, 08:25 AM
just remember WHO was in control of congress the past 2yrs. THE DEMS, when did things start tanking? about 2yrs ago.

GOOO! BOOTRZ 2012

Dirty Octopus™
11-05-2008, 08:28 AM
id like to think so. even though a lot of coverage has been focused on people commenting on Barack Obama's race. it sort of applified the fact that blacks voted for "their own". when i dont believe that is entirely true.

4dmin
11-05-2008, 10:00 AM
just remember WHO was in control of congress the past 2yrs. THE DEMS, when did things start tanking? about 2yrs ago.

GOOO! BOOTRZ 2012

i guess you lived in canada for the 6 years previous to that when reps were in control :rolleyes:

streak
11-05-2008, 12:38 PM
i guess you lived in canada for the 6 years previous to that when reps were in control :rolleyes:

Nope, just enjoyed the good times. I have to agree the reps forgot what it meant to be conservative, thats why they were kicked out on their heads and rightfully so. Im ashamed of the republican party, they left me and my fellow conservative behind. So now Im a man without a party. But just wait, if Obama has his way, this country may start looking like Canada and/or Europe.:cry:

Got Milk?
11-09-2008, 10:09 PM
All i have to say is that a black muslim man will be your new president. lolololol

alpine_aw11
11-09-2008, 10:13 PM
I think democrats beat republicans. Dems would have had to nominate a child molester to lose this one.

Tracy
11-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Age.

People of the 60's tried to make a change on different subjects. The war. Abortion. Civil Rights. Gener Equality. The problem is that they went about things in the way wrong way. They were rebels out protesting, bombing buildings 'n shit. They didn't really have the mindset, maturity or even the information available to think about changing things by using the system. This generation exercised their rights. They got out and voted. Millennials, kids born between 1982-2003, made up almost 1/3 of the voters in this election. They are the 2nd largest population of people in the U.S., next to the Baby Boomers, who are all about to croak.

BanginJimmy
11-10-2008, 05:26 PM
I think democrats beat republicans. Dems would have had to nominate a child molester to lose this one.

The dems almost did just that. They got a guy with no experience, a questionable past in his personal and political life, and someone that left the race very charged. I really belive this race was MUCH closer than you think. 1 or 2 more bad quotes and this could have gone the other way.

Kevykev
11-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Was that last word in the title always misspelled like that???

4dmin
11-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Was that last word in the title always misspelled like that???

do you expect me to spell check everything i type? i hope not :lmfao:

BABY J
11-19-2008, 03:06 PM

Alan®
11-19-2008, 04:18 PM
lol thats good

Kevykev
11-20-2008, 06:30 AM
do you expect me to spell check everything i type? i hope not :lmfao:

LOl hell nah man, the reason I asked is because I've seen this thread since you created it and always read it correctly.

mm2654
11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I dont think either were the major issues in this election. While Obama clearly ran a better campaign I think a lot of Americans were scared of him, because his lack of experience and other things as well. This is evident because given the current economic state of the country you would expect the non incumbent party to have a land slide in the popular vote and that just was not the case.

msnbc was declaring that voter's were concerned with age more than race

msnbc's coverage of this campaign was ridiculous they chose a candidate early in the primary and from that point on every thing that came from that channel was completely biased. While i do prefer to watch fox news i also found cnn's coverage to be fair to both candidates and more accurately displayed the truth.