PDA

View Full Version : It amazes me sometimes....

AlanŽ
11-04-2008, 08:30 AM
DISCLAIMER:I AM NOT POKING AT OBAMA I'M JUST MAKING A POINT.

I just got done talking to my girlfriend between classes and her mother is probably one of the most hardcrore Democrats I have met but yet knows almost nothing of whats going on. So I went to their house last night and on my ways out made my joke about "the begining of the end being tommorow(today)". Well apparently it pissed her off and I am not to say anything to her when I go over there later today. I find it funny that I can pretty much sit down with anyone and have a good discussion about the issues(hell my professor and I held up an entire class just to discuss it a few weeks ago) yet this woman basically just wants me to shut up.

We all know that Obama won't be able to deliver on everything he says but what happens if the ecconomy gets worse who's fault is it? I mean we know it was Bush's Fault. If gas goes up through the roof who's fault is it?Again it was Bush's Fault :rolleyes: . Not that I wish failuire upon anyone but I can't wait to see what happens when he falls short or fails to deliver on something he promises.

Sorry for the rant but had to get that off my chest.

4dmin
11-04-2008, 08:37 AM
DISCLAIMER:I AM NOT POKING AT OBAMA I'M JUST MAKING A POINT.

I just got done talking to my girlfriend between classes and her mother is probably one of the most hardcrore Democrats I have met but yet knows almost nothing of whats going on. So I went to their house last night and on my ways out made my joke about "the begining of the end being tommorow(today)". Well apparently it pissed her off and I am not to say anything to her when I go over there later today. I find it funny that I can pretty much sit down with anyone and have a good discussion about the issues(hell my professor and I held up an entire class just to discuss it a few weeks ago) yet this woman basically just wants me to shut up.

We all know that Obama won't be able to deliver on everything he says but what happens if the ecconomy gets worse who's fault is it? I mean we know it was Bush's Fault. If gas goes up through the roof who's fault is it?Again it was Bush's Fault :rolleyes: . Not that I wish failuire upon anyone but I can't wait to see what happens when he falls short or fails to deliver on something he promises.

Sorry for the rant but had to get that off my chest.

it goes both ways w/ uninformed voters. people like to say bush hasn't done anything wrong... well he hasn't done anything right either. there is a reason for a push for dems and it is b/c w/ reps presidency and majority they didn't do anything for america and it left people feeling neg...

now of course the flip side is reps going to say its the dems majority... well dems haven't had majority for the past 8 years. it is a seesaw factor. reps don't get the job done for the American public now dems are gonna get a crack at it. if economy turns around Obama will be a Hero, if not dems better plan on handing over 2012.

either way it is going to get worse before it gets better and we have atleast another 2 years of bush policy :goodjob:

tony
11-04-2008, 08:38 AM
I have a friend who is a democrat who is the same way. It is absolutely redundant to have a conversation about anything negative about democrats or positive about republicans. You got it on both sides but the Obama folks are pretty emotional about their politics right now, even I have taken it personal from time to time.

AlanŽ
11-04-2008, 01:17 PM
totally agree on both accounts.