PDA

View Full Version : Warm idle issue..

JITB
11-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Alright my car (929) has a issue. When the car warms up after a few miles of driving, and i come to a stop it will have a bad idle, keep surging dropping rpms and raising randomly. only when its warm...AND when it does this i get a smoke(smells like gas) when i take off, and has a slight stutter.. But it doesnt smoke any other time...its random sometimes its worse than other times...but never dies.:thinking:
Arcing wires?
Cap/Rotor?
Leaky injector?
o2 sensor?

i was thinking its the wires.. b/c of the misfiring... but y the smoke?
Than i was thinkin the cap rotor b/c of misfiring but y the smoke?
Thats when i thought about a leaky injector, and the 02 sensor..

any help would be appreciated... all will be replaced eventually but the shit for the car is expensive..so id rather knock this out first...

chip P.
11-04-2008, 07:32 AM
IACV would most likely be your rev jumping and dropping problem, as for the gas smell..check your o2 sensor(visual). sounds like the 02 sensor coulb be makin you run rich. just a thought.

JITB
11-05-2008, 01:32 AM
While i was tryin to hunt down a oil leak, i found..that the timing cover has a fold in it, that has left a huge gap between the valve cover, and timing cover, and leaks oil.. Wouldnt this also cause a bad idle.?

stephen
11-05-2008, 02:38 AM
i thought u were going to bring that thing by here. i'll be at the house all day tomorrow (or today rather). the oil leaking into the timing cover could've made the belt slip, and jump timing. i'd think you'd feel that whether it's warm or cold...but anyhow, buzz me later.

Siverprobegt
11-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Change the coolant tem sensor...Those old mazdas are real funny about that,make sure you buy a oem sensor too:D My bro mx3 had some of the same problems your having..Never hurt to try :D

JITB
11-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Change the coolant tem sensor...Those old mazdas are real funny about that,make sure you buy a oem sensor too:D My bro mx3 had some of the same problems your having..Never hurt to try :D

i did replace it.. but only when i broke the other one..lol But i didnt use a oem mazda one... and it wasnt doing it before than.. so you might be right.... :eek: