PDA

View Full Version : Unpolished...

EG6
11-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Sup IA- Just wanted to see if I could get some opinions on my car. It feels a little rough around the edges. I'm sure it's a little hard to know exactly what to do w/o riding in it. But here's a list of things I would like corrected.

Suspension- Car has a slightly bumpy ride and scrapes a little in cornering. I know it can be raised up and that would solve the scraping issue. But as far as ride quality goes what would be a good setup to go with? I know somebody will say koni/ground control but I want something other then that setup.

Shifting- Ever notice if you have a passenger in your car their head moves forward or backward when you shift? I don't shift hard but I want the process of going between gears to go as smooth as possible; if possible to the point of a passenger not even knowing you are shifting w/o looking

Appearance- That black mold/grimey buildup on the rear triangle windows is annoying, anybody have a suggestion on how to get rid of it and keep it from coming back? Is it caused just by normal weathering?

Is there any type of underbody coating that you can spray on and keep rust from building up sorta like that rhino bedding stuff people apply on the beds of p/u trucks. It'd be nice if it also provided easy dirt removal.

The engine is pretty much bone stock except for I/E. And almost everything has been replaced recently. Spark plugs gapped to oem specs, new wires, gaskets, thermostat, royal purple oil, and a few other things. But it stilll runs a little loud. It'll be getting a new timing belt water and oil pump soon but as of right now it just doesn't run as smooth as i'd like it to. Any place I can take it to make sure everything is within spec?

My gas mileage seems a little low as well i usually average about 300-320miles per tank. Is this normal or could it be a little better?

Sorry for the long post, but if anything else comes to mind i'll def post up. Thanks in advance.

anothaRRR
11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Its gotta be the piece of S H I T driver driving it....

EG6
11-04-2008, 07:03 PM
most likely youre right

9ussy
11-04-2008, 07:55 PM
well when i drive i always see the passengers head move... its not from hard shifting.. its just the momentum of the car slowing down and going again.. and as for shifting without looking... it should be natural to shift without looking at the rpm gauge and with out looking at the shifter... maybe you just need more practice..

southside
11-04-2008, 07:59 PM
with the passenger thing it happens all the time if you let the clutch out rather quick.But I have noticed it you make a smooth shift and let the clutch out easy then there usually no problem

allmotorX
11-04-2008, 08:23 PM
with the passenger thing it happens all the time if you let the clutch out rather quick.But I have noticed it you make a smooth shift and let the clutch out easy then there usually no problemI guess i taught you well:ninja:

southside
11-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I guess i taught you well:ninja::lmfao: You have much more to learn young grasshopper

EG6
11-04-2008, 11:38 PM
i don't have to look at the guage cluster when i shift lol. Where'd that come from?

j0nbunklah0m
11-05-2008, 10:25 AM
did u state wat car this was? or am i assuming its an EG civic

RBS
11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
ground control & kyb AGX?

speedminded
11-05-2008, 05:35 PM
1) Replace all bushings as well as new shock/strut/spring...or coil-overs. etc.

2) More torque a car has the easier it is to drive smoothly...

3) Keep all rubber trim conditioned with Turtle Wax ICE Total Interior Care or comparable then glass cleaned with Invisible Glass by Stoner.

4) It's called undercoating. I'd suggest cleaning then spraying with Rustoleum paint to help prevent the rust from spreading then spray the rubberized undercoating. Both available from everyday parts stores. http://www.duplicolor.com/products/undercoating.html

5) OEM plug wires? Valves been adjusted? What car? EG hatchback? What engine?

EG6
11-05-2008, 06:42 PM
^ that was the type of answer I was really looking for + reps for the help. It's an integra ls. LS motor as well.