PDA

View Full Version : Misc Looking to get a new dog.....

Double_0_Rusty
11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
So yeah I have been thinking of getting a new dog, and well....I have no clue what I want.....I have been thinking about American Bulldog, Boxer, Lab, or a red tick hound. I live out in the country, and have a fairly big yard...not looking for a inside dog...for various reasons.

Really the point of the thread is for advice, info about health problems of the dogs I listed, ect ect. If anyone has any info/advice please let me know.

-Rusty

Scotsman
11-02-2008, 05:26 PM
petfinder.com

Motivation
11-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Here are some sites for the dogs you mentioned.

American Bulldog- http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanbulldog.htm

Boxer- http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/boxer.htm

Lab- http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/labrador.htm

red tick hound- http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/englishcoonhound.htm

Hope these help ya bro.

SlowsterCivy
11-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Lab or Golden R. :)

Motivation
11-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Lab or Golden R. :)

I agree, out of the one's you listed...

Me personally, I love my Siberian Husky. She's a loyal, sweet, full of life, loves to run, good with kids and strangers, easy to go on trips with, etc. Or a German Shepherd... But again, I am biased... lol

Double_0_Rusty
11-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks guys, I was looking on petfinder.com, and fell in love with one.....
http://athenscaninerescue.com/adoptables/cosmo.html

american bulldog/boxer mix = melts my heart lol

Double_0_Rusty
11-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I agree, out of the one's you listed...

Me personally, I love my Siberian Husky. She's a loyal, sweet, full of life, loves to run, good with kids and strangers, easy to go on trips with, etc. Or a German Shepherd... But again, I am biased... lol

Yeah, don't get me wrong I love a husky or a shep, but I have wanted a american boxer since i was a kid......I am 21 now, and yes still living at home. (saving up to build my house)...finally talked my folks into it, and now i am ready to adopt one. when i build my house, i will def be getting a husky as well.:goodjob:

Reps to all for the info, and i will continue to search for the right one.

Motivation
11-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah, don't get me wrong I love a husky or a shep, but I have wanted a american boxer since i was a kid......I am 21 now, and yes still living at home. (saving up to build my house)...finally talked my folks into it, and now i am ready to adopt one. when i build my house, i will def be getting a husky as well.:goodjob:

Reps to all for the info, and i will continue to search for the right one.

When you do, hit me up. I know an awesome breeder with reasonable prices. :goodjob:

Hell bro, there is nothing wrong with living at home to save up to build a house or get ahead. I only bash the people that live at home when they start trash talking other people because of their cars or something. When the person may have a car that isn't as nice but has a house, there is no point in bashing them just cause you have a nice car, especially if you live at home. Props to you though, cause you don't do that.

GL with finding one.

Double_0_Rusty
11-02-2008, 08:03 PM
When you do, hit me up. I know an awesome breeder with reasonable prices. :goodjob:

Hell bro, there is nothing wrong with living at home to save up to build a house or get ahead. I only bash the people that live at home when they start trash talking other people because of their cars or something. When the person may have a car that isn't as nice but has a house, there is no point in bashing them just cause you have a nice car, especially if you live at home. Props to you though, cause you don't do that.

GL with finding one.

Thanks bro, I will hit yah up on the husky.

I already have the land...7 acers across the road from my parents house about a half mile of the road, in my name. Just saving to build, already have the floor plans, and stuff. My dad and I will be doing the grading, and most of the construction. Oh yeah, I try not to bash others, but I just lay my head, shower, and eat here..I work my ass off for everything I have...07 Dodge Ram, Jeep Wrangler, bass boat, ect ect. Every bit of all that has came out of my wallet.

Alas, I filled out the application, and submitted it. I should know something within 48 hours on this one in my sig....ha I already have a name for her....lolol I know I am lame, but right now I don't want a gf, so fuck it.:D

Motivation
11-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Nothing lame about it. Hell, I looked for hours at different husky names to try to figure out one for my pup until I came up with Mayah... Told the breeder I wanted a black and white, or a gray and white one... She only had one left that I wanted, or I could get a red and white one or all white. So I went down ASAP and got her. Never regretted it either. She is THE bitch. lol.

Double_0_Rusty
11-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Nothing lame about it. Hell, I looked for hours at different husky names to try to figure out one for my pup until I came up with Mayah... Told the breeder I wanted a black and white, or a gray and white one... She only had one left that I wanted, or I could get a red and white one or all white. So I went down ASAP and got her. Never regretted it either. She is THE bitch. lol.

nice man nice.....i've already determined the name should I get her...Bella or Mia:thinking:

Nissan Sean
11-02-2008, 08:31 PM
i like Mia.... good for you for adopting a dog... as apposed to buying from a breeder... i have 2 saved dogs myself.... my favorite dogs are dalmations-love em...congrats and good luck with the adoption!

Motivation
11-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Think Bella would probably fit better for some reason... But your choice. It's going to be your dog.

SixSquared
11-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Rusty, my boxer's name is Bella. :P Copycat.

Double_0_Rusty
11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Rusty, my boxer's name is Bella. :P Copycat.

tha fuck? i thought it was boscoe?

Double_0_Rusty
11-03-2008, 11:32 AM
i like Mia.... good for you for adopting a dog... as apposed to buying from a breeder... i have 2 saved dogs myself.... my favorite dogs are dalmations-love em...congrats and good luck with the adoption!

thanks! I still havent heard anything yet:( I want a saved dog, so maybe she could save me from self destruction....lol i like dalmations too, but just wantin a boxer

SixSquared
11-03-2008, 11:57 AM
tha fuck? i thought it was boscoe?

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/52/l_26d1a9c531824597ad34d42a5b9affa8.jpg

.......................^^ Bosco............................................. .............^^Bella

redrumracer
11-03-2008, 04:22 PM
get one of them mixed dogs like bug man has, that dog is freaking HUGE. you know the mixed puppy that was almost or actually over 6 feet tall when on its back legs.

SixSquared
11-03-2008, 05:08 PM
^^The dog you're talking about is a great dane/mastiff mix.

§treet_§peed
11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
i cant wait to get my fawn male boxer and a Siberian husky in the next month or so!!! :D

stephanie
11-03-2008, 05:51 PM
petfinder.com

both my cats are from petfinder. the dog i was just going to foster, and decided to keep her.

The_ CaneCorso
11-03-2008, 08:00 PM
2 words..Cane Corso

quickdodgeŽ
11-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Three words, including a contraction....You're an idiot. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
11-03-2008, 08:11 PM

I AGREE 100%!!!! Fuck breeders. There are plenty of good dogs in shelters to give homes without supporting those people. Later, QD.

rbf
11-03-2008, 08:19 PM
What about an American Pitbull Terrier ? If you love them they are just as lovable.

Heres mine::D
9wks old
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr357/Jh_hatch/004.jpg
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr357/Jh_hatch/002.jpg

Double_0_Rusty
11-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Three words, including a contraction....You're an idiot. Later, QD.

Mike, why am I an idiot?

Double_0_Rusty
11-03-2008, 10:30 PM
2 words..Cane Corso
Beautiful dogs, but not what I am wanting.:goodjob:

rbf
11-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Good luck on finding the dog for you.Post some pictures when you do.

Motivation
11-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Mike, why am I an idiot?

Think he was referring to Cane Corso...

I didn't know of any Husky rescue shelters in the area, that's why I went to a breeder...

SleepingTalon
11-04-2008, 12:12 AM
I agree. Try to adopt a dog and give one a good home. That's what I did, and couldn't be happier. BTW, that Pit puppy above is awesome!

4drlschick
11-04-2008, 04:26 AM
props for adopting. we have five dogs in my house. two rescued and three bought from breeders. and we love them all the same. but i agree there are too many dogs out there that need good homes.

quickdodgeŽ
11-04-2008, 05:29 AM
Mike, why am I an idiot?

What motivation said. I was talking about this cane-corso person character. The next line down I was praising you for adopting. Later, QD.

Double_0_Rusty
11-04-2008, 06:50 AM
What motivation said. I was talking about this cane-corso person character. The next line down I was praising you for adopting. Later, QD.

Oh, gotcha! Thanks man, I feel that it's the right thing to do, yah know.

Echonova
11-04-2008, 07:04 AM
I just saved a 5-6 week old Mastiff that someone tossed out of their car last Tuesday, his name is now Hercules. As stated before, props on not going to a breeder.

rbf
11-04-2008, 07:12 AM
I see getting a puppy from a litter as giving it a good home also.It keeps the [bad] folks from getting 1 less dog to abuse and out of the shelters.

In some cases not all the puppies are picked up so that is when people start tossing them out of their cars in neighborhoods and wherever else.

okra1981
11-04-2008, 08:29 AM
I like a good herding dog, I have a Shelty and a Border Collie, they are really smart and fast. They aren't as tough looking as a Boxer or any of the bulldogs, but they are really good dogs. Both were adopted, so they are good mutts.

rbf
11-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I just saved a 5-6 week old Mastiff that someone tossed out of their car last Tuesday, his name is now Hercules. As stated before, props on not going to a breeder.

I am glad to hear of people actually saving a stray,not many of those types around my area.
:goodjob:

SixSquared
11-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Any news yet, Pancho Rusty?

Double_0_Rusty
11-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Any news yet, Pancho Rusty?

no not yet:(

Chuckster
11-09-2008, 10:03 AM
We just adopted a boxer(Angel) from mostly mutts about 2 weeks ago and she has been a great dog so far. We got lucky with her being a pure boxer. If your looking at getting a boxer still, atlantaboxerrescue.org.

Double_0_Rusty
11-09-2008, 01:49 PM
^^^^thanks man, I actually adopted one yesterday.... She is 8 months old, spayed, and utd on everything.....she is a boxer x. boxer sheperd mix....beautiful fawn coat with white/black markings....She is sooo lazy and lovable....good with kids too...though I think she has been abused.....she is kinda skiddish even around me at times....but im hopin withing a few weeks she'll be an awesome dog

Motivation
11-09-2008, 01:55 PM
glad to hear you got one... She'll be fine in a few weeks... Probably just scared of her new enviroment.

Me86Rob
11-09-2008, 02:02 PM
hey man i say basset hound and i must say he is one of the best dogs ive ever had. very very low maintainace. he never chewed stuff up, was easy to house train, and well, you dnt have to worry about them running away cause they are slow. when he makes a dash for it i catch him at a steady jog. its actually funny. and they dont bark much....but when they do OMG it rings your ears. the only thing you have to watch out for with hounds is that they tend to be stinky alot. idk what it is. so he needs regular baths. but thats about it. great dogs.

Me86Rob
11-09-2008, 02:03 PM
oh didnt see you already got one. we just got a boxer/terrier/pit mix. great dog too

Double_0_Rusty
11-09-2008, 02:11 PM
glad to hear you got one... She'll be fine in a few weeks... Probably just scared of her new enviroment.

Thanks man, she is on my bed asleep now...that's all she likes to do...for a boxer she is damn lazy lolol only time will tell how she'll be.

Motivation
11-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks man, she is on my bed asleep now...that's all she likes to do...for a boxer she is damn lazy lolol only time will tell how she'll be.

lol @ you changing your name to a "lubricant" :ninja: :eek:

Double_0_Rusty
11-09-2008, 02:54 PM
lulz...its one of my real life nicknames....lolool