PDA

View Full Version : mini me or a whole y8?

Curbow_USMC
09-07-2005, 10:33 PM
i was just wondering what i would be better for the most power.... doing a mini me with my y7 block or and a y8 head or buying a whole y8 motor?

brokecivic
09-07-2005, 11:50 PM
buy a b18 unless you wanna go SOHC which is kool i rolled like that forever i would buy the whole motor ifv i was going to do the vtec thing

Curbow_USMC
09-08-2005, 12:06 AM
yea.... i am going with the SOHC.. it will be fun... but thanks for the i info

mp5o
09-08-2005, 02:13 AM
Mini-me will be more cost effective.

Curbow_USMC
09-08-2005, 02:24 AM
yea.... i am just having some trouble puttung the head i have together, lol. The guy i got it from had it apart.

99SI
09-08-2005, 09:08 AM
I just hope that one of these days you can get something done instead of talking about it. lol. I think you've gotten all the advise you need to decide what you want to do. Now just make a damn decision and stick to it till it's done. You will never be satisfied with what you are wanting to do. I'm getting that from all of the damn threads you've started and wanting people to tell you what to do. Either build the mini-me and be happy or keep saving and get a b-series swap. I think it's time to quit talking and get it done. I'm not trying to be an ass man, believe that, but if you don't decide on what to do and get it done you will be forever wishy washy when it comes to what you want to do.

Curbow_USMC
09-08-2005, 11:54 AM
well...... good job at not trying to be an ass...... i am just saking questions so i can find things out. i know that i am staying with a SOHC and i am probibly going with a mini me. I have a y8 head sitting here and i just bought a turbo last friday. Saying that i think i am on my way to getting the HP i am looking for.

99SI
09-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Good job, now get it installed do some tuning and have fun with it.

SidewayzKult
09-09-2005, 09:38 PM
the word d series scares me just a little bit.
I say go b series. You will never regret it.
mini me swap is not worth the time, money or energy or thoughts at all.
been there done that twice. I learnd the hardway.

I wasted alot of money, then ended up having more problems then i began with, ontop of that, i was still slow as shit.
FUCK D SERIES.
go k all the way or
go for a b swap
obd1 ls's rock

FYI a d16y7 and y8 block are no different! nothing is diff at all.
they run the same, have teh same everything.
Onlything that is different is the head.
Ive done my research.
seriously, dont do the swap, its a pain in the ass. Mainly because I did kind of a swap / mini swap/

Curbow_USMC
09-09-2005, 10:54 PM
i like d-series.... what was so hard about your mini me swap?

mp5o
09-10-2005, 12:27 AM
the word d series scares me just a little bit.
I say go b series. You will never regret it.
mini me swap is not worth the time, money or energy or thoughts at all.
been there done that twice. I learnd the hardway.

I wasted alot of money, then ended up having more problems then i began with, ontop of that, i was still slow as shit.
FUCK D SERIES.
go k all the way or
go for a b swap
obd1 ls's rock

FYI a d16y7 and y8 block are no different! nothing is diff at all.
they run the same, have teh same everything.
Onlything that is different is the head.
Ive done my research.
seriously, dont do the swap, its a pain in the ass. Mainly because I did kind of a swap / mini swap/

Back up your statements with facts.

SidewayzKult
09-10-2005, 12:43 AM
FACT: b series is way better.
untill you OWN a b series swapped car, or 94+ integra with a strong motor, you will never apriciate b series.
trust me. i used to like d series untill i had a swapped hatch and an ls teg.
ever since my ls teg, ill never go d series again
i could bark tires shifting into 4th ;)

mp5o
09-10-2005, 12:51 AM
^Must have been some shitty ass tires.

I've already been through the price/hp cost of a boosted D VS. a B swap already. I don't feel like repeating myself..... Long story short... A boosted D will always beat a B swap.

SidewayzKult
09-10-2005, 01:07 AM
i owned a boosted ek with my ls baby
96 ls I/H/E/gsr clutch, gsr flywheel, skunk2 short throw, ngk plugs, ngk wires, high flow cat.
OWND a boosted EK.
also had good tires. i know how to shift extremely quick and also i know a few tricks of the trade

mp5o
09-10-2005, 01:12 AM
^Must be driver error.... What is the setup on the EK?? A boosted D with 180-200whp and 180-200wtq will not lose to an ls/bolt ons with ???whp/???wtq...... Unless of course, driver error.

phantom_hatch
09-12-2005, 08:42 PM
^Must be driver error.... What is the setup on the EK?? A boosted D with 180-200whp and 180-200wtq will not lose to an ls/bolt ons with ???whp/???wtq...... Unless of course, driver error.
i agree.

djmaddmartin
09-12-2005, 09:12 PM
My last civic with a modified b16 totally killed many a boosted d-series. One of which blew up trying to beat me. I agree a boosted D series can beat a b-series but only doing it built or with high boost that only a built motor can handle. Save your money and get a b-series. You'll have much more room to grow down the road in the horsey department.

Negrodamus
09-12-2005, 09:24 PM
A boosted D will always beat a B swap.

Untill the little piece of shit blows....and the B series would be STOCK

Save for the B you'll love it. To get decent HP with a D series it has to be Built end of story. Why boost a D... it cant be for hp unless 170-200hp is actually high performance to you. I mean a stock boosted D= b18c gsr with a intake and exhaust in terms of power lol. I mean boosted D is actually good if you wanna "sound" fast with ur spool and bov but thats about it.

BTW....would you rather pop the hood with a B-series ot a puny ass Sohc under the hood.

"Boosted D is like a skinny guy in a muscle shirt".....Fatboy Sanchez

D16Civic
09-12-2005, 09:43 PM
I hate to tell ya, but a b18c w/ intake and exhaust isnt anywhere near 200 whp and being fast isnt all about horsepower. The torque (180-200) that you will get out of the turbo is a hell of lot better than just swapping in a b series. Thats what will make it so freaken fun to drive.

I also love it when people say they have beaten boosted d's w/ ease, but i bet most of the time they have no idea what the setup is, what kind of tune, or how much power its making. I mean, you could go throw a greddy kit on and be boosted and only making like 140 whp (maybe less)

Not bashing the b series or anything because they are awesome motors, but there is nothing wrong w/ d series either. I mean, u can run 13s w/ about 200 whp in a civic, so its not that slow. I dont see why you say its goin to blow up either. As long as you have it tuned right, itll last. I know people who have been boosted for multiple years w/ no problems at all. And you will be faster than if you just dropped in a b series, which would then cost even more to boost or watever, and b series stuff tends to be a good bit more expensive than d series stuff. I mean, ok, u screw up and blow your d series motor, hmm, u can get another one for like $400. Try finding a b series for that price if you screw it up.

just thought id add my :2cents:

Curbow_USMC
09-13-2005, 07:46 AM
^^^^ true :goodjob:

Vteckidd
09-13-2005, 11:04 AM
a properly built boosted D series> Stock B series swap

sorry, i dont care if ytou have bolt ons with your LS motor or your GSR. you guys are bench racing. If a boosted D series makes 180-200whp, its making AT LEAST 160-170TQ. thats enough for them to run 13s. how many stock B series motors run 13s?

If you are on a budget, Boosted D series is cool

Curbow_USMC
09-13-2005, 11:08 AM
:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

djmaddmartin
09-14-2005, 07:15 AM
I can make a N/A b series go faster than a d for the same or less money. Period. And I have lots of room to grow as where the d must be fully built to pull out any more power. Turbo kit and its acessory trimmings for a D $3000-$5000 plus Labor $1500-$2500. Dude. I can set up a sweet B series for that. B18c bored to a 2.0, type R pistons, head work, type R cams etc and still spend Less Money and be as fast or faster with room to grow. D stands for DEAD END even on a budget. But don't get me wrong, I LOVE my d-series! My daily driver gets 40mpg! Wooo hooo!

djmaddmartin
09-14-2005, 07:28 AM
If your too tight for money, H series is also a great alternative. You just pay more for the install but less for the motor. Or even a LS/Vtec if you find someone who can build them right.

Its all good. D series can still rock. I just see things in the long term. A boosted D just doesn't have the investment potential for me. I'd rather wait and save my money for something better.

Vteckidd
09-14-2005, 09:22 AM
I can make a N/A b series go faster than a d for the same or less money. Period.
A boosted D series with $3500 in it will make 200whp and be reliable and will beat almost any NA b series in the state of GA. sorry man, your wrong. We have one up here at the shop (ScttyDB411) and his is NONVTEC and makes 203whp and 196TQ and has been running for 3 years. Most NA cars in GA make 180 if they are LUCKY. the faster ones, are lucky to break 200whp locally. i see lots of claims of all motor power, but my dyno speaks for itself. we have seen 2 RSX all motor cars make over 200WHP and only 1 1.8l B series make over 200whp in the 2 years we have been open. Its not as easy as some think.

And I have lots of room to grow as where the d must be fully built to pull out any more power.
Yes i agree, B series has much more potential, but , hell the K>B. im just talking from a BUDGET stand point. if someone comes to me with a Civic that is stock and they have $3000-5000 to spend, and they want to go fast, i would reccomend B series all day, but to some people, its a huge investment for not a lotr of power. After they buy a swap, and pay for labor, they will ahve a 155whp GSR. when they can spend the same money, and have a boosted D series and have money left over, and make close to 190whp maybe more if its a SOHC VTEC. i give them both options, then they have to figure out what they want to do later on down the road.

Turbo kit and its acessory trimmings for a D $3000-$5000 plus Labor $1500-$2500.
YOu can buy intercooler-less kits from Greddy for $1200 all day long on Ebay and from Nopi. We do CUSTOM built full turbo kits that come with injectors and Uberdata for tuning with a brand new turbo INSTALLED for $3500 out the door. thats our top of the line kit, and i gurantee 80-100whp increase over stock. for $3500 you can barely buy a GSR swap. let alone get it installed, let alone go all motor with it.

Dude. I can set up a sweet B series for that. B18c bored to a 2.0, type R pistons, head work, type R cams etc and still spend Less Money and be as fast or faster with room to grow. D stands for DEAD END even on a budget.
couple things:
1) you cannot BORE B18C block to 2.0L. you have to sleeve it, which costs $1000.
2) IF you bore it out to 2.0l that is 84mm. STD B SERIES bore is 81mm. There are no ITR Pistons in a 84mm application. they would have to be custom made. The biggest bore ITR pistons come in is 82mm from Topline. the only 84mm block is the B20, and they have low compression pistons. most people when they go 84mm or 2.0L they go forged internals.
3) Head work is expensive, and no once locally can do it. expect a minimum of $1000 for a stage 1 job with a valve job, deshrouding the chambers, valves, and surface.
4) ALL MOTOR costs ALOT MORE than Turbo. in your scenario, you would have to locate a block and head and then do work to it. heres what it would cost:
GSR Head:$500
GSR Block:$600 (usually assembled)
ITR Pistons:$180
Machine WOrk:$350
Ported Head:$1000
ITR Cams:$300
Vavletrain:$250
HeadGasket:$65
Lower Gasket KIT:$55
Upper Gasket Kit:$190
Header:$250 (FOR A CHEAP ONE) $650 for a good one
Intake Manifold:$150
Cam Gears:$175
Head Studs:$105
Rod Bolts:$55
Bearings:$105
This doesnt include a tranny ($500-700) or a clutch and flywheel ($500-700). this also doesnt factor in a new timing belt and water pump which every build should get no matter what. this is still using the old OIL pump($100) as well, which i always replace. this is a mild setup, one that i have built before. i have a very similar motor posted in the all motor forum that i built that was similar to this one. Remember this includes you doing all the work, that means you assembling the motor, checking ring gap, plastigauging bearing clearance to make sure they are within .0005-.002 , and doing the swap. so there is no labor factored in.
This setup (GSR block, Ported head, ITR Pistons, Mild CAms, and decent header) would make 175-185whp, 190whp at the most.
TOTAL: $4330 for the LONGBLOCK ,PARTS ONLY

My motor, which is a 2.0l 12:1 compression motor, with ported head, Prototype cams, Race header , blahblahblah and me getting AWESOME deals form people i know in the industry or people that just wanted to help me out is approaching $8000. i hope to make 230-240whp. with $8000 i could haev built a 450-550whp motor.

All motor is more of a challenge than turbo , thats why i like it. anyone IMO can build a 500whp turbo motor, not anyone can builda 200whp GSR or 230whp LSVTEC. that takes more skill IMO. a 230whp All motor car in a light chassis (CRX) can run 11s. not many turbo cars with 250who can run 11s.

But don't get me wrong, I LOVE my d-series! My daily driver gets 40mpg! Wooo hooo!
i agree, D series > B series when it comes to gas mileage.

my :2cents:

Curbow_USMC
09-14-2005, 12:19 PM
^^^ GREAT POST!!!

out of all the things i have read the one thing i have seen from your coments is that with the power/money. going with a D is better.... like other people have said before and i agree 100% is that if i blow my D i can go buy another one for less than 800 bucks and slap my mods back on that motor and i will be good to go again.

And one question for you also... the guy that is non-vtec.. What all is dont to his because origionaly i was wanting to stay non-vtec just for fun.

D16Civic
09-14-2005, 01:40 PM
check out this site
http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?t=16519&highlight=13g
it has his dyno sheet and what his setup is on it, plus, its an awesome website to learn some stuff from

djmaddmartin
09-14-2005, 07:46 PM
List your part break down for the D series build. I checked out the kit on ebay and its missing a bunch of stuff. Show me the exact breakdown of your d-series out the door. Just curious. May make you some business too. Sounds like a killer deal. I can get a gsr full swap for $1500 by the way -USDM. $1500 for a turbo kit. $500 for clutch/flywheel. $4000-4500 out the door making 300+hp. My boy in Florida payed $4300 out the door for his. I of course am going to spend way more than that. But I'm aiming for a bit more power potential.

A boosted D series with $3500 in it will make 200whp and be reliable and will beat almost any NA b series in the state of GA. sorry man, your wrong. We have one up here at the shop (ScttyDB411) and his is NONVTEC and makes 203whp and 196TQ and has been running for 3 years. Most NA cars in GA make 180 if they are LUCKY. the faster ones, are lucky to break 200whp locally. i see lots of claims of all motor power, but my dyno speaks for itself. we have seen 2 RSX all motor cars make over 200WHP and only 1 1.8l B series make over 200whp in the 2 years we have been open. Its not as easy as some think.

Yes i agree, B series has much more potential, but , hell the K>B. im just talking from a BUDGET stand point. if someone comes to me with a Civic that is stock and they have $3000-5000 to spend, and they want to go fast, i would reccomend B series all day, but to some people, its a huge investment for not a lotr of power. After they buy a swap, and pay for labor, they will ahve a 155whp GSR. when they can spend the same money, and have a boosted D series and have money left over, and make close to 190whp maybe more if its a SOHC VTEC. i give them both options, then they have to figure out what they want to do later on down the road.

YOu can buy intercooler-less kits from Greddy for $1200 all day long on Ebay and from Nopi. We do CUSTOM built full turbo kits that come with injectors and Uberdata for tuning with a brand new turbo INSTALLED for $3500 out the door. thats our top of the line kit, and i gurantee 80-100whp increase over stock. for $3500 you can barely buy a GSR swap. let alone get it installed, let alone go all motor with it.

couple things:
1) you cannot BORE B18C block to 2.0L. you have to sleeve it, which costs $1000.
2) IF you bore it out to 2.0l that is 84mm. STD B SERIES bore is 81mm. There are no ITR Pistons in a 84mm application. they would have to be custom made. The biggest bore ITR pistons come in is 82mm from Topline. the only 84mm block is the B20, and they have low compression pistons. most people when they go 84mm or 2.0L they go forged internals.
3) Head work is expensive, and no once locally can do it. expect a minimum of $1000 for a stage 1 job with a valve job, deshrouding the chambers, valves, and surface.
4) ALL MOTOR costs ALOT MORE than Turbo. in your scenario, you would have to locate a block and head and then do work to it. heres what it would cost:
GSR Head:$500
GSR Block:$600 (usually assembled)
ITR Pistons:$180
Machine WOrk:$350
Ported Head:$1000
ITR Cams:$300
Vavletrain:$250
HeadGasket:$65
Lower Gasket KIT:$55
Upper Gasket Kit:$190
Header:$250 (FOR A CHEAP ONE) $650 for a good one
Intake Manifold:$150
Cam Gears:$175
Head Studs:$105
Rod Bolts:$55
Bearings:$105
This doesnt include a tranny ($500-700) or a clutch and flywheel ($500-700). this also doesnt factor in a new timing belt and water pump which every build should get no matter what. this is still using the old OIL pump($100) as well, which i always replace. this is a mild setup, one that i have built before. i have a very similar motor posted in the all motor forum that i built that was similar to this one. Remember this includes you doing all the work, that means you assembling the motor, checking ring gap, plastigauging bearing clearance to make sure they are within .0005-.002 , and doing the swap. so there is no labor factored in.
This setup (GSR block, Ported head, ITR Pistons, Mild CAms, and decent header) would make 175-185whp, 190whp at the most.
TOTAL: $4330 for the LONGBLOCK ,PARTS ONLY

My motor, which is a 2.0l 12:1 compression motor, with ported head, Prototype cams, Race header , blahblahblah and me getting AWESOME deals form people i know in the industry or people that just wanted to help me out is approaching $8000. i hope to make 230-240whp. with $8000 i could haev built a 450-550whp motor.

All motor is more of a challenge than turbo , thats why i like it. anyone IMO can build a 500whp turbo motor, not anyone can builda 200whp GSR or 230whp LSVTEC. that takes more skill IMO. a 230whp All motor car in a light chassis (CRX) can run 11s. not many turbo cars with 250who can run 11s.

i agree, D series > B series when it comes to gas mileage.

my :2cents:

Jon00
09-14-2005, 08:46 PM
FUCK HONDA put a SR20 OR RB26DETT

lol ;) :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: j/p

D16Civic
09-14-2005, 09:01 PM
well, i have seen a NSX motor in, if i remember right, an ek hatch
that was pretty crazy

Jon00
09-14-2005, 09:26 PM
well, i have seen a NSX motor in, if i remember right, an ek hatch
that was pretty crazy

i think u mean a CRX

D16Civic
09-14-2005, 09:51 PM
It was definitly a nsx motor. It was in a magazine a long time ago, i doubt i could find it now tho. It was drag car i think, but still, they fit that thing in there.

djmaddmartin
09-14-2005, 10:11 PM
FUCK HONDA put a SR20 OR RB26DETT

lol ;) :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: j/p

LOL You Nissan guys. Too funny. You wanna do a sr20 in honda? How's about a LS-1 in a S14! Now that would be a swwweeett swwwaaap!

99SI
09-15-2005, 09:23 AM
It was definitly a nsx motor. It was in a magazine a long time ago, i doubt i could find it now tho. It was drag car i think, but still, they fit that thing in there.
Mahdavi has a CRX w/ an NSX engine mid mounted in it.

Vteckidd
09-15-2005, 10:18 AM
List your part break down for the D series build. I checked out the kit on ebay and its missing a bunch of stuff. Show me the exact breakdown of your d-series out the door. Just curious. May make you some business too. Sounds like a killer deal. I can get a gsr full swap for $1500 by the way -USDM. $1500 for a turbo kit. $500 for clutch/flywheel. $4000-4500 out the door making 300+hp. My boy in Florida payed $4300 out the door for his. I of course am going to spend way more than that. But I'm aiming for a bit more power potential.
1) Show me a GSR swap for $1500 and ill show you a stolen swap ;) i have bought swaps that cheap out of wrecked cars, but they are few and far between. The cheapest you can find a GSR swap CONSISTENTLY is between $2000-3000. Remember , this guy may not have the connections we have, and if he goes to a shop, they arent going to sell him a gsr swap for $1500.

2) No $1500 turbo kit will make 300whp on a stock GSR. if you build some junk DIY kit, maybe , but i doubt it. the injectors and intake manifold needed to flow 300whp cost $500 alone. The turbo will run $500. break down YOUR B series 300whp turbo kit for me please, cause if you can do it for $1500 im in the wrong business. :cool:

D series Turbo Kit $3500
Turbonetics Turbo T3-Super60 1 year warranty-$700
Custom Log manifold (Drag Style) Hold up to 300whp-$250
Turbonetics EVO Wastegate-$200
BOV- GREDDY/HKS with Flange-$230
Front Mount Intercooler (custom) -$225
Down Pipe with Flex-$150 (includes O2)
InterCooler Piping with Couplers-$300
DSM 450CC Injectors-$80
OBD1 ECU with Uberdata $180
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump-$90
Conversion Harness-$80
Labor - $1000

This is right at $3500 and includes fuel management and a setup that is capible of 250whp (300 w/550cc inj). This is a similar setup that we have put on about 6 b-series. on a D series it can make 220whp (VTEC) non VTEC (200whp) easily.

Also, a 300whp stock GSR is not as easy as it seems. A bolt on Drag kit or Rev Hard will only make about 250-275whp. I don't care what people on H-T say, bring it to Atlanta and we will see. You will have to have at least 550cc injectors, and 3in exhaust.

Finally, about the Civic with the NSX motor. This was a FWD drag car that was in a magazine about 3-4 years ago. It was a EK hb that was chop top. D16civic was right. :D

Jon00
09-15-2005, 11:56 AM
1) Show me a GSR swap for $1500 and ill show you a stolen swap ;) i have bought swaps that cheap out of wrecked cars, but they are few and far between. The cheapest you can find a GSR swap CONSISTENTLY is between $2000-3000. Remember , this guy may not have the connections we have, and if he goes to a shop, they arent going to sell him a gsr swap for $1500.

2) No $1500 turbo kit will make 300whp on a stock GSR. if you build some junk DIY kit, maybe , but i doubt it. the injectors and intake manifold needed to flow 300whp cost $500 alone. The turbo will run $500. break down YOUR B series 300whp turbo kit for me please, cause if you can do it for $1500 im in the wrong business. :cool:

D series Turbo Kit $3500
DSM 450CC Injectors-$80
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump-$90
Conversion Harness-$80
Labor - $1000

This is right at $3500 and includes fuel management and a setup that is capible of 250whp (300 w/550cc inj). This is a similar setup that we have put on about 6 b-series. on a D series it can make 220whp (VTEC) non VTEC (200whp) easily.

Also, a 300whp stock GSR is not as easy as it seems. A bolt on Drag kit or Rev Hard will only make about 250-275whp. I don't care what people on H-T say, bring it to Atlanta and we will see. You will have to have at least 550cc injectors, and 3in exhaust.

Finally, about the Civic with the NSX motor. This was a FWD drag car that was in a magazine about 3-4 years ago. It was a EK hb that was chop top. D16civic was right. :D

hey have u seen the new super street mag that has thw worlds fastest all motor RSX in it? it ran like a 9 sec in the 1/4

Vteckidd
09-15-2005, 12:00 PM
yeah, thats Skunk2s car. it only makes 330whp. Also, the guy that is engine dynoing my motor, talks to Hsu alot, they are good friends. FYI: David HSU= Owner Skunk2

David let me use one of the only sets of the new Pro3s camshafts in my engine in the country.

ghionw
09-15-2005, 01:22 PM
D series Turbo Kit $3500
DSM 450CC Injectors-$80
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump-$90
Conversion Harness-$80
Labor - $1000

Hey I am in the market for a good turbo setup. I have a ek hatch and I was wondering if with the forementioned setup, will I pass GA emmission? I am looking to setup a good turboed daily driver. Not looking for no outrageous power either.

speedminded
09-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Look up Lionel Kent, H4 [Nasa Honda Challenge] '95 Civic driver...he had a screaming SOHC last season and can probably give you a few good names.

Since you're going turbo Green91 (if he hasn't replied) may be able to give you some pointers.

Formally...
09-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Hey I am in the market for a good turbo setup. I have a ek hatch and I was wondering if with the forementioned setup, will I pass GA emmission? I am looking to setup a good turboed daily driver. Not looking for no outrageous power either.

As far as passing emission, if you convert to obd1 you will need to keep your obd2 ecu. When you have to get emissions you will have to put your stock ecu and injectors in (I wire the new injectors and can leave the oem clips so you can go back and forth). Also, you will have to drive for about 50 miles to let the ecu go through the readyness check. Car will run normal on stock ecu and inj as long as you don't boost. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Vteckidd
09-15-2005, 03:04 PM
we had a 00 SI that was turbo and he passed emissions no problem

mp5o
09-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Props to vteckidd for taking his time to explain all of that... I'm tired of being the only one doing so. :goodjob:

CiVeK9
09-15-2005, 03:13 PM
i wanna boost my d16y8 i'll call you up mike

Vteckidd
09-15-2005, 04:06 PM
cool , just let me know

djmaddmartin
09-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Telling ya what he had done and the price. I don't know what kind of hook ups he's got but the car sure is fast. Been two years now and its still running strong. I don't have his break down but the next time I visit I'll get it. And he did get the swap for $1500. Bought it off this kid who had his gsr t-boned. Had about 60k on the motor A bit more mileage than a JDM would usually come with. But it had been well taken care of. Don't know if I can get you a break down but I'll try next time I visit him. Just wanted to point out for everybody that there are many ways to boost and it can be done outside the box even when others tell you it can't be done and it won't be reliable.
I've learned through many years of people telling me I can't do something that if you are patient and persistent you can do what needs to be done.
P.S. his put together kit also included a performance clutch and flywheel to handle the extra power. I didn't see it on your breakdown. But your kit looks like a killer deal! To bad my civic is a daily beater and all my money is being sunk into my integra's build.

D series Turbo Kit $3500
DSM 450CC Injectors-$80
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump-$90
Conversion Harness-$80
Labor - $1000

Vteckidd
09-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Telling ya what he had done and the price. I don't know what kind of hook ups he's got but the car sure is fast. Been two years now and its still running strong. I don't have his break down but the next time I visit I'll get it. And he did get the swap for $1500. Bought it off this kid who had his gsr t-boned. Had about 60k on the motor A bit more mileage than a JDM would usually come with. But it had been well taken care of. Don't know if I can get you a break down but I'll try next time I visit him. Just wanted to point out for everybody that there are many ways to boost and it can be done outside the box even when others tell you it can't be done and it won't be reliable.
I've learned through many years of people telling me I can't do something that if you are patient and persistent you can do what needs to be done.
P.S. his put together kit also included a performance clutch and flywheel to handle the extra power. I didn't see it on your breakdown. But your kit looks like a killer deal! To bad my civic is a daily beater and all my money is being sunk into my integra's build.
problems with your scenario:
1) im a shop, if a custoemr comes to me i dont have time to search auctions and find a wrecked GSR or $1500. Now, if this guy wants to search and try to find one go for it, more power to you. But i have been to auctions, and i deal with engine importers every week. IT IS EXTREMELY RARE TO FIND A FULL GSR SWAP FOR $1500. if it was so common everyone would have one.

2) As i said $1500 will not get you a RELIABLE 300whp turbo kit. Our kits come with brand new parts. yes you can prob scrounge ebay and buy USED parts, but as always buyer beware. this also assumes you do all the labor and work yourself. run all the oil lines, fit the downpipe and turbo manifold, clock the turbo yourself, cut and modify the frnt bumper yourself to fit the intercooler, fit the piping , etc.

3) I will tell you right now what you need to make 300whp on a b series and its WAY more than $1500. and now your saying it included a clutch and a flywheel? well shit, im in the wrong business. im not saying its not possible, but its a ONE TIME deal and it will take MONTHS scrounging and haggling prices for USED parts to build his kit.

I mean lets use our head here:
DECENT Clutch and flywheel-$500
DECENT turbo (T3/T4) $300-400 USED
DECENT intercooler-$200-300
DECENT BOV-$150 USED

ok im already at your $1500 limit. i have not included piping, tubo manifold, engine managment, etc. now if he bought some ss autochrome crap off ebay that came with a cheapo knock off BOV and wastegate, and a crappy manifold with a XS turbo, then MAYBE he made a kit out of it, but it WONT MAKE 300whp.

if you can show me a Turbo kit that made 300whp AND it came with a clutch and flywheel AND Uberdata for $1500, ill buy 50 kits tomrrow.

Credit card in hand and waiting.

ITS NOT POSSIBLE, PERIOD

djmaddmartin
09-20-2005, 08:16 AM
???????????????????????? Dude... He paid $4300 out the door. (check previous posts) I never said he got the whole thing done for $1500. And all the items are reliable. He's been runing the car for 2yrs now. Just the facts not opinion. And as for finding a GSR swap for $1500, true you don't find a cheap swap everyday, but neither do you find someone who buys everything at once. Most people collect the parts they need over time and do then build. Its more economical since you can jump on sweet deals. Not used cheap crap but good quality stuff. Your getting your feathers ruffled for the wrong reasons. I just wanted to prove a point that a b-series swap boosted can be just as affordable as a d-series. Not cheaper just affordable. And, yeah... you need an upgraded clutch and flywheel to be truely out the door. Sorry.

problems with your scenario:
1) im a shop, if a custoemr comes to me i dont have time to search auctions and find a wrecked GSR or $1500. Now, if this guy wants to search and try to find one go for it, more power to you. But i have been to auctions, and i deal with engine importers every week. IT IS EXTREMELY RARE TO FIND A FULL GSR SWAP FOR $1500. if it was so common everyone would have one.

2) As i said $1500 will not get you a RELIABLE 300whp turbo kit. Our kits come with brand new parts. yes you can prob scrounge ebay and buy USED parts, but as always buyer beware. this also assumes you do all the labor and work yourself. run all the oil lines, fit the downpipe and turbo manifold, clock the turbo yourself, cut and modify the frnt bumper yourself to fit the intercooler, fit the piping , etc.

3) I will tell you right now what you need to make 300whp on a b series and its WAY more than $1500. and now your saying it included a clutch and a flywheel? well shit, im in the wrong business. im not saying its not possible, but its a ONE TIME deal and it will take MONTHS scrounging and haggling prices for USED parts to build his kit.

I mean lets use our head here:
DECENT Clutch and flywheel-$500
DECENT turbo (T3/T4) $300-400 USED
DECENT intercooler-$200-300
DECENT BOV-$150 USED

ok im already at your $1500 limit. i have not included piping, tubo manifold, engine managment, etc. now if he bought some ss autochrome crap off ebay that came with a cheapo knock off BOV and wastegate, and a crappy manifold with a XS turbo, then MAYBE he made a kit out of it, but it WONT MAKE 300whp.

if you can show me a Turbo kit that made 300whp AND it came with a clutch and flywheel AND Uberdata for $1500, ill buy 50 kits tomrrow.

Credit card in hand and waiting.

ITS NOT POSSIBLE, PERIOD

Vteckidd
09-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Ok now your backpeddaling

heres what you said in case you dont remember:

Originally Posted by djmaddmartin

Once again, Show me what turbo you would use to make 300whp and what your $1500 kit would come with. You have to have SOME kind of idea what it takes to make 300whp on a B series to say you can do it for $1500. still waiting........

If you are claiming your "boy" spent $4300 out the door on just a TURBO KIT and a clutch, then i believe that. but thats NOT what you said, you said , I can get a GSR swap for $1500 and a 300whp Turbo kit for $1500. which im telling you is WRONG you cant do it.

This guy has a D series, so it would cost him $2000-3000 for a GSR swap AND $700-1000 for labor. which is what this whole fucking thread is about. Should he swap a B series motor in or boost his D series. with the budget he has i would boost his D series. He wold enjoy it and it would last a long time and he would have spent hi money wisely IMO.

Now, im a shop, and this kid asked a question. from A SHOP STANDPOINT, as i stated earlier, i dont have time to SHOP around for months collecting parts. no shop does. if the customer wants to do it then more power to him. i have no problem with that. You said its $4500 for a BOOSTED B series that makes 300whp and that INCLUDED THE SWAP. Im telling you your WRONG. now if your talking about boosting a D series and boosting a B series and your not factoring in a swap, then yes its around the same price and the B series will make more power. DUH.

So far i have heard you say taht you can build an all motor engine that was totally wrong and didnt even make any sense with what you posted. now your saying you can build a 300whp turbo kit for $1500.

ok man, go ahead, tell me what your kit has, thats all im asking. just list to me the turbo and nijectors you would use along with how many lbs of boost. my feathers arent ruffled, your just posting wrong info and you have given me nothing to think otherwise.

i still have my credit card in hand.........

And, yeah... you need an upgraded clutch and flywheel to be truely out the door. Sorry.
i agree, and i do offer clutches and flywheels as EXTRA, turbonetics, full race, rev hard, Drag, none of them offer clutch and flywheel upgrades because that is in excess of a TURBO KIT.

djmaddmartin
09-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Dude. Thats what he has. That is what he paid in total. Just wanted to lay it out there. And many people including me buy parts over time for a build they plan to have done by at a shop. I of course spent much more because I wanted the best and the ability to run higher levels of boost in the future. I know you have to run a shop and all you can do is what you can do. Fine. Thats the way you roll but not I nor many people who put their packages together here on IA. Your gettin way too worked up over this. And true this started out as a NA b series swap vs. d series boosted. But people were putting up dyno charts of 300, 400, and even 500hp d-series builds that were clearly way more than $3,500(built motors). So I choose to adjust the comparison. There. If thats back peddling so be it. And by the way. I've dusted 2 boosted d-series in a b-series swaped EF. That is also an undisputable fact. But go and blow your top over that too.:rant:

Once again, Show me what turbo you would use to make 300whp and what your $1500 kit would come with. You have to have SOME kind of idea what it takes to make 300whp on a B series to say you can do it for $1500. still waiting........

If you are claiming your "boy" spent $4300 out the door on just a TURBO KIT and a clutch, then i believe that. but thats NOT what you said, you said , I can get a GSR swap for $1500 and a 300whp Turbo kit for $1500. which im telling you is WRONG you cant do it.

This guy has a D series, so it would cost him $2000-3000 for a GSR swap AND $700-1000 for labor. which is what this whole fucking thread is about. Should he swap a B series motor in or boost his D series. with the budget he has i would boost his D series. He wold enjoy it and it would last a long time and he would have spent hi money wisely IMO.

Now, im a shop, and this kid asked a question. from A SHOP STANDPOINT, as i stated earlier, i dont have time to SHOP around for months collecting parts. no shop does. if the customer wants to do it then more power to him. i have no problem with that. You said its $4500 for a BOOSTED B series that makes 300whp and that INCLUDED THE SWAP. Im telling you your WRONG. now if your talking about boosting a D series and boosting a B series and your not factoring in a swap, then yes its around the same price and the B series will make more power. DUH.

So far i have heard you say taht you can build an all motor engine that was totally wrong and didnt even make any sense with what you posted. now your saying you can build a 300whp turbo kit for $1500.

ok man, go ahead, tell me what your kit has, thats all im asking. just list to me the turbo and nijectors you would use along with how many lbs of boost. my feathers arent ruffled, your just posting wrong info and you have given me nothing to think otherwise.

i agree, and i do offer clutches and flywheels as EXTRA, turbonetics, full race, rev hard, Drag, none of them offer clutch and flywheel upgrades because that is in excess of a TURBO KIT.

Vteckidd
09-20-2005, 07:34 PM

Once again

ANSWER ME THE QUESTIONS I ASKED. I bolded them for you. tell me what your boys "kit" came with and post his dyno graph. other wise i call bullshit.
Post what size turbo you need to make 300whp and what his kit comes with. thats all you have to do.

Lets debate the facts:
you said $4500 for a GSR swap AND A TURBO KIT that can make 300whp. i am telling you to tell me what your kit consists of. Cause i dont believe it.

You then said your boy had a $4300 turbo kit with a clutch and flywheel that made 300whp. ok i assume he had a GSR to begin with so thats fine. if that $4300 included a Turbo kit and a swap, post a dyno and post WAHT THE KIT CAME WITH.

your arguing me without presenting any facts or any evidence on your behalf. this is really just too easy.

The fact taht you beat 2 d series turbos is irrelevant. i beat a K series Turbo on the highway with my all motor CRX. so what, who cares. A d series turbo with 200whp in a EF will KILL a stock swapped B series CRX. FACT. you prob raced a heavy EK or EG chassis

Still waiting...............................

djmaddmartin
09-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Dude once again you've lost track of the thread. Its peiced together! Duh!!! I don't have a list. I would span a year or so. You know. I can ask him when I visit in 2 weeks if he has any documentation. If that would make you feel better. By the way. Where is your entry for Battle of the Shops???? Hmmmm? Bring a couple of D-series!

Vteckidd
09-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Dude once again you've lost track of the thread. Its peiced together! Duh!!! I don't have a list. I would span a year or so. You know. I can ask him when I visit in 2 weeks if he has any documentation. If that would make you feel better. By the way. Where is your entry for Battle of the Shops???? Hmmmm? Bring a couple of D-series!
ok so if his kit is done, call him and ask him
what turbo
what injectors
what manifold
what engine mandagement
waht clutch and flywheel
what inercooler
what psi
and what motor

surely if you guys are friends you can call and get an answer, i mean really how hard is that?

where is my entry for battle of the shops, oh dont worry, i will win the all motor class.

and ill have a few 400-500whp turbo hondas there.
if you would like to list resumes, ill stack mine against yours:
191whp OEM Build GSR -my old motor
190whp OEM build GSR-Seans motor i built
173whp OEM stock block B16-99Sis motor
400whp LSVTEC -Spoolins car we tuned
300whp B16-Seths car we tuned
i should have a turbo RSX this weekend right at 400whp

If i have enough time ill have my new 2.0l motor and this niffty all motor K series i have im building now. ever heard of ITBs on a K series ?

Your getting all defensive man, simply answer the questions i asked, its really simple. your arguing skills suck. provide PROOF of this $1500 300whp turbo kit
or
proof of your friends $4300 300whp turbo kit and what it came with and whether that included a swap.

also tell me how you can get 84mm ITR pistons :lmfao:

still waiting.........................

djmaddmartin
09-20-2005, 09:53 PM
You know I just relized look back the error in the previous post. My bad. I was trying to say aftermarket for a ITR (ITR piston compression). MY slip. Feel better. I look forward to the results of Battle of the Shops. Good Luck.

Vteckidd
09-20-2005, 09:55 PM
we'll see what happens.

Andyturbo13
09-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Mahdavi has a CRX w/ an NSX engine mid mounted in it.
signal auto had a nsx powerd eg or gk civic hatch(i am not sure what modle it was)

Andyturbo13
09-21-2005, 12:30 AM
it was in super street.

djmaddmartin
09-21-2005, 02:02 AM
here is the crx

Curbow_USMC
09-21-2005, 02:13 AM
That is from NOPI... i was thinking to myself that it would be bad azz to put an NSX motor in a civic.

Jon00
09-21-2005, 11:55 AM
lol this is funny

Vteckidd
09-21-2005, 12:47 PM
its is hilarious

and im STILL WAITING......................................

Jon00 when i get this info on this turbo kit for $1500 that makes 300whp you wanna go into business together, we could be rich bitch

99SI
09-21-2005, 01:18 PM
^^^Count me in. I'll take care of the Middle Georgia market. I'll change the business name to Earl's Used Cars and dirt cheap turbo kits that make 300whp. That has a nice ring to it.

djmaddmartin
09-24-2005, 09:21 PM
You know, you guys are pretty funny. Just like that whining you did on the Battle of the Shops thread. LOLOL hahahahaha. Ahhhh..... I needed that.

djmaddmartin
09-24-2005, 09:29 PM
So since your the masters of N/A. Check this out.
http://www.dh-racing.com/videos/Davenos.wmv
http://www.dh-racing.com/videos/daver1.wmv
Swweeeeettt

Vteckidd
09-25-2005, 04:21 PM
You know, you guys are pretty funny. Just like that whining you did on the Battle of the Shops thread. LOLOL hahahahaha. Ahhhh..... I needed that.
no one did any whining fuck face. Actually a lot of people feel the same way i do. hell, i know Bee and talk to him every day. we share similar thoughts on the matter. so why dont you shut the fuck up.

Stop swinging on everyones elses nuts, why dont you post up WITH PROOF what YOU have built since you think you know so much.

I have personally run 13.8 in my old GSR crx, made 191whp.
I built another kids motor that made 185whp.
Thats TWO motor i have done. list me ONE that you have built and one that you can post dynos of.

Show me your resume, or is it only as long as that riced out green integra with altezzas that you have?

AHHHHH HAHAHAHA, i needed that. your a retard.

EDIT: Dave HIckman akaa DH RACING, is the biggest BULLSHIT on the net since ENDYN. you prov you dont know shit, cause DH racing is a huge scam artist

djmaddmartin
09-26-2005, 08:25 PM
You'll get to see my car. Soon. It will not disappoint.

As for your comments, uh what ever dude. I'm not going to resort to name calling and such things. I'm absolutely fine with what ever you have to say or call me. It just shows me your level of maturity when facing a difference of opinion. Whether I'm wrong or right or you feel you're in the right doesn't condone such behavior. Its very disappointing. Up until this past week I had mostly heard good things about you and your shop (except its distance from Atlanta). There were some people who thought you were a jerk and conducted business in a poor manner but I witheld judgement. I pushed you to see what type of person you were and I saw all I needed to see. This will be my last post on this thread. Good luck with your business and projects. DMM

Vteckidd
09-27-2005, 09:40 AM
You'll get to see my car. Soon. It will not disappoint.

As for your comments, uh what ever dude. I'm not going to resort to name calling and such things. I'm absolutely fine with what ever you have to say or call me. It just shows me your level of maturity when facing a difference of opinion. Whether I'm wrong or right or you feel you're in the right doesn't condone such behavior. Its very disappointing. Up until this past week I had mostly heard good things about you and your shop (except its distance from Atlanta). There were some people who thought you were a jerk and conducted business in a poor manner but I witheld judgement. I pushed you to see what type of person you were and I saw all I needed to see. This will be my last post on this thread. Good luck with your business and projects. DMM

And peters shop isnt a DISTANCE FROM ATLANTA? what fucking world do you live in. you didnt push me, i pushed YOU, and you have NO Answers for me cause you have no idea what you are talking about. You have done nothign but run your mouth about shit you dont even understand. i gave you a chance to prove me wrong , and all you did was try to make it into how im going to lose at battle of the shops. :lmfao:

Once again ricer boy, let me state what YOU said in this thread. you said you could build a 300whp TURBO kit for $1500. then you offered NO proof. You CANT EVEN TELL ME WHAT TURBO WOULD MAKE 300whp. its cause YOU DONT KNOW. then you say your friend has some 300whp car, but yet you cant even call him and get details on his setup. is it maybe because it doesnt exist? or because its just you running your mouth again

People dont like me, so waht, i know that. i really dont care. the people that do know me and actually TALK to me know that im a good guy and i hook people up. I have more friends than enemies. Werent you the one i DROVE to the middle of atlanta to sell you a set of GSR camshafts for $60? i remember i was asking $80, and lowered the price to $60 cause you said something about finding them for $60 on ebay or some shit. i didnt care, didnt i give you a CHOICE between 3 different sets of camshafts as well....

I think someone is just mad that i called them out and they cant respond with anything if substance to make there argument more than "air".

I remember who you are, your the one that tried to organize the street races when i used to go, your the one my friend almost knocked out cause you were telling him where to "park" and we told you we would park wherever we wanted to. your the one that got all butt hurt cause we wouldnt listen to you cause you and your buddy wanted us to obey and do what the "crossing" guard told us. we told you to shut up and thats when my friend almost knocked you out and you backed down and drove off. remember that?

at that time you drove a Green Integra with altezzas and big wheels. so dont act like your billy bad ass with all these fast cars that you have built. just cause your "building" one now doesnt mean you get my respect. you would have gotten my respect if you could have answered the questions i asked you instead of backpeddaling.

djmaddmartin
09-27-2005, 10:41 AM
1st. I never said I built fast cars.
2nd. I'm telling you what my friend told me he had paid in total (after about a yr of finding parts) for his integra to be turboed. I don't have his reciepts. Don't believe me fine. I don't care.
3rd. Yeah I used to street race but never ever come close to being knocked out. I don't do that stupid shit anymore. If you do your a dumb ass.
4th. I am building my car, for myself, not to prove any point to your ass or anyone else. I've saved up for the good stuff and I'm going to enjoy my car for no one else, for no ones respect (espcially yours) and, for no one's standards.
5th. I live in dacula so you do the math on distance
6th. Your one hostile person. You need to learn to control your temper. Once again you've proved your level of maturity. End of Discussion

Vteckidd
09-27-2005, 10:55 AM
1st. I never said I built fast cars.

I can make a N/A b series go faster than a d for the same or less money. Period. And I have lots of room to grow as where the d must be fully built to pull out any more power. Turbo kit and its acessory trimmings for a D $3000-$5000 plus Labor $1500-$2500. Dude. I can set up a sweet B series for that. B18c bored to a 2.0, type R pistons, head work, type R cams etc and still spend Less Money and be as fast or faster with room to grow. D stands for DEAD END even on a budget. But don't get me wrong, I LOVE my d-series! My daily driver gets 40mpg! Wooo hooo!
So who is the "I" you keep talking about? you said it NOT ME. you said you could build an NA B series for the same money. where is this bored GSR with ITR pistons at :lmfao: List to me your Cost Breakdown of what it takes to build an 200whp NA B series please. and then list your PHANTOM 300whp turbo kit.

2nd. I'm telling you what my friend told me he had paid in total (after about a yr of finding parts) for his integra to be turboed. I don't have his reciepts. Don't believe me fine. I don't care.

then call your friend up and ask him what his turbo kit came with, or can you not figure taht part out. am i moving to fast for you, can you not keep up? can you get me his dyno please or just tell me the numbers it made? can you find out what turbo, what manifold, and ROUGHLY how much he spent on each part so you can account for his $4300. cause you said you could build a 300whp turbo B series for $4300 which INCLUDED a $1500 swap. NOW your saying your buddy had a Integra (which already has a B series in it) that he made 300whp for $4300. I could build the same thing for LESS money , so your friend got ripped off.

3rd. Yeah I used to street race but never ever come close to being knocked out. I don't do that stupid shit anymore. If you do your a dumb ass.
Really, you never actually RACED, but you were there every weekend everytime i went and you dont remember mouthing off to the little asian guy in the RSX? he got in your face and you backed down, you dont remember that? hmmm
you were the one trying to ORGANIZE it so why is it so stupid now? or is it cause your gonna be a "track " racer now :rolleyes:

4th. I am building my car, for myself, not to prove any point to your ass or anyone else. I've saved up for the good stuff and I'm going to enjoy my car for no one else, for no ones respect (espcially yours) and, for no one's standards.
Congrats, i hope it makes the 600whp you told me at the varsity it was going to make. Im just saying you claim all this shit you cant back up, and then you get pissy like a girl.

5th. I live in dacula so you do the math on distance
Once again, you said its FAR from atlanta. you didnt say FAR from DACULA. so EVERY shop this is not CLOSE to your house is far away or not good enough? your retarded.

6th. Your one hostile person. You need to learn to control your temper. Once again you've proved your level of maturity. End of Discussion
im not hostile, im laughing. you cant win this arguement. hell , you just keep digging a deeper hole, ill be more than happy to say this all to your face so dont try an ETHUG and then back out.

keep trying , your losing.

i thought you were done posting in this thread?

93H22ACX
09-27-2005, 11:23 AM
thats enough sirs :D

a good reliabe turbo setup that makes 300whp will be more than $1500 in parts alone.

all used parts if you want to get a junkyard turbo:

Turbo.................... $400
manifold..................$300
bov........................$100
wastegate...............$100
FMU.......................$100
ic Pipnig..................$200
ic..........................$250
dp.........................$200
flanges....................$30
misc fittings............$200
tunning.....................$300

This is a real cheap and ugly kit HAHHAHA and its over $1800 :D

so in all reality... 300whp will cost more than $1500

Vteckidd
09-27-2005, 11:25 AM
thats enough sirs :D

a good reliabe turbo setup that makes 300whp will be more than $1500 in parts alone.

all used parts if you want to get a junkyard turbo:

Turbo.................... $400
manifold..................$300
bov........................$100
wastegate...............$100
FMU.......................$100
ic Pipnig..................$200
ic..........................$250
dp.........................$200
flanges....................$30
misc fittings............$200

This is a real cheap and ugly kit HAHHAHA and its over $1800 :D
THANK YOU.

/thread

mp5o
09-27-2005, 06:47 PM
LOL... Man this thread has gotten a little out of hand...

djmaddmartin
09-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Once again I never said the kit was $1500. I said he did a swap and turbo kit for $4300. Thats what he told me. And it was you that was claiming to get a good turbo kit off of ebay for $1500-not me. Here are just a couple of kits I found from 1200-1700. Which are not run down kits but brand new. I was you that told me you could find d-series kits on ebay for $1500. Yep Yep.
examples of b series kits:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B-Series-Turbo-Kit-Excellent-Condition_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ8 002368532QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VECCO-Turbo-Kit-HONDA-CIVIC-b-series-si-T3-Intercooler_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitem Z8002135526QQrdZ1

Go on wid your bad self! Its time to end this thread. Its just got out of hand (thks mp50) I heard what you gotta say and vice versa. We disagree and thats it. I got mad respect for some of your builds but I'm not sure about you. Your hostile, rude and can't let anyone believe different than your self. You know a lot but can't accept that there may be other ways of acheiving the same goals. Its too bad. Peace Out

Jon00
09-27-2005, 09:05 PM
lol ^^^^^

Vteckidd
09-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Once again I never said the kit was $1500. I said he did a swap and turbo kit for $4300.
Really, let me show you AGAIN what YOU said since you have reading comprehension problems.

Originally Posted by djmaddmartin
I bolded it for you since you have problems remembering what you yourself said. there it is ladies and gentlemen, he said he could BUILD a 300whp GSR turbo kit for $1500. he said $4000-4500 OUT THE DOOR MAKING 300whp. and that included a SWAP, TURBO KIT, CLUTCH, FLYHWEEL. yet you cant even tell me what your turbo kit consists of, which is cool cause you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. as far as your "boy" goes, still, all i hear from you is :blah: . call your friend and post what he has and what he paid. post a dyno too.

Thats what he told me. And it was you that was claiming to get a good turbo kit off of ebay for $1500-not me.
once again, go read what i said. you said it would cost:

I can make a N/A b series go faster than a d for the same or less money. Period. And I have lots of room to grow as where the d must be fully built to pull out any more power. Turbo kit and its acessory trimmings for a D $3000-$5000 plus Labor $1500-$2500
Once again i bolded it. what i told you was taht you can find GREDDY intercooler less turbo kits on Ebay for under $1500. i was merely refuting your $3000-5000 bill for a boosted D series. i was also telling you that we do full turbokits INCLUDING install for $3500. no one charges $1500-2500 to install a turbo kit.

Here are just a couple of kits I found from 1200-1700. Which are not run down kits but brand new. I was you that told me you could find d-series kits on ebay for $1500. Yep Yep.
examples of b series kits:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B-Series-Turbo-Kit-Excellent-Condition_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ8 002368532QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VECCO-Turbo-Kit-HONDA-CIVIC-b-series-si-T3-Intercooler_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitem Z8002135526QQrdZ1
this proves how much of an idiot you are. I NEVER said i could find turbo kits for $1500 on EBAY. YOU said that it was $3000-5000 for a D series turbo kit and all its accesories, i was saying that you could find Greddy SOHC complete kits on HT and EBAY for under $1500. but i never reccomended it. then you went off on some idiotic tangent about how you could build an NA motor and be faster cause your B series EF beat a turbo D series. Then you made a proposterous claim that a 300whp B series kit costs $1500, and thats where i called you out.

BTW:
those turbo kits you posted, missing a BOV, Engine Management, Intercooler piping, injectors, oil lines, etc. Its missing $1000 worth of stuff, then add in labor, OH SHIT we are at $3500 which is what i QUOTED everyone, AMAZING. That is not a complete turbo kit, and even if you bought that kit, and stuck it on your b series, it wont make over 250whp if you are lucky cause its an FMU setup. and if you want to trust EBAY go for it, my customers have higher standards and personally my turbo kits are better and more complete. for $2500 i include a Walbro Fuel pump, Uberdata, Conversion harness if you need it, Turbonetics Wastegate, Greddy or HKS BOV AND FLANGE, Front mouont intercooler and piping , Log manifold, Downpipe, 450cc injectors, wow, my kit is way more complete.

Go on wid your bad self! Its time to end this thread. Its just got out of hand (thks mp50) I heard what you gotta say and vice versa. We disagree and thats it. I got mad respect for some of your builds but I'm not sure about you. Your hostile, rude and can't let anyone believe different than your self. You know a lot but can't accept that there may be other ways of acheiving the same goals. Its too bad. Peace Out
ill end this thread when you stop posting BULLSHIT. just admit that your wrong, you cant build a turbo kit for $1500 that makes 300whp. i stil have yet to see any proof.

im not hostile, and im not rude. if you remember, you asked me to breakdown my D series turbo kit, which i did. i then politely asked you to breakd down your $1500 B series turbo kit. and you never did, and still havent. thats when you got hostile. your the one that started whining like a girl and then tried to make this about Battle of the Shops. You know what, i know peter and bee way more than you, and i know ill lose to them. NA vs BOOST, doesnt take a rocket scientest to see that. whats your point? you think im gonna feel bad when i lose, or when peter wins, fuck no. I tell you what, you bring your shit out and line up against me. you want to ride peters coattails, thats fine, im now calling you out. bring one of YOUR built cars out or your buddies 300whp GSR and line up against me. we can do it at the track or on the street , but you better bring some money.

go away, leave this topic, and leave this to people that know what they are talking about, which is everyone else in this thrread except you.

STILL WAITING..............

djmaddmartin
09-28-2005, 04:30 PM
What ever dude. We disagree and thats all.

djmaddmartin
09-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Diary of angry, pissed mechanic.:rant:

99SI
09-28-2005, 04:43 PM
dairy? no mike's lactose intollerant.

iNsTuN nOoDoH
09-28-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm sure me scotty and chris(green91) will give any swapped n/a b series a run =0) the only reason i haven't been able to get a good track time is cuz of my big ass wheels and full body, but even with that I hit 14.7. I've only spent 1600 without tuning. I've looked at a turbo'd ls with a t3t4 and compared to my y8 with a t3, both with 10 psi, we're almost at the same power, just the ls makes a few more on the torque side. D series turbo is a better bang for the buck. Its even better to pop open the hood after a good race to see the face of the person you beat or kept up with. I admit the b series has more room to work with though. A gsr with bolt on's will not come close to a boosted d... Actually, I took out 3 integras and a prelude all at once saturday night, and I gave the srt a good run...

djmaddmartin
09-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Wow. You spent only $1600. Was that for just the kit or the kit and install?
I'm sure me scotty and chris(green91) will give any swapped n/a b series a run =0) the only reason i haven't been able to get a good track time is cuz of my big ass wheels and full body, but even with that I hit 14.7. I've only spent 1600 without tuning. I've looked at a turbo'd ls with a t3t4 and compared to my y8 with a t3, both with 10 psi, we're almost at the same power, just the ls makes a few more on the torque side. D series turbo is a better bang for the buck. Its even better to pop open the hood after a good race to see the face of the person you beat or kept up with. I admit the b series has more room to work with though. A gsr with bolt on's will not come close to a boosted d... Actually, I took out 3 integras and a prelude all at once saturday night, and I gave the srt a good run...

iNsTuN nOoDoH
09-28-2005, 05:41 PM
The kit(t3 60 trim with uberdata). I installed it.

Vteckidd
09-28-2005, 06:07 PM
What ever dude. We disagree and thats all.
diary of a man that lost an argument cause he cant show any proof.

thanks, try better next time

djmaddmartin
09-29-2005, 08:04 PM
twat ever. I lost nothing except respect for you.

Vteckidd
09-30-2005, 10:10 AM
i never wanted your respect, i dont need it.

LOL keep posting

you lose, i win

/thread

djmaddmartin
09-30-2005, 11:23 AM
You won nothing. Your childish responses just make me laugh even harder!:lmfao:

Jon00
09-30-2005, 12:07 PM
You won nothing. Your childish responses just make me laugh even harder!:lmfao:

\u aint going to win

Vteckidd
09-30-2005, 01:01 PM
\u aint going to win
Djmaddmartin:
No proof of 300whp turbo kit for $1500
No Proof of friends car that makes 300whp with a $1500 turbo kit
Couldnt even tell me what a 300whp B series turbo kit consists of
Djmaddmartin=no credibility

Vteckidd:
Posted Turbo Kit prices and whp gains
Has Dyno graphs and Cars to prove his case
93H22ACX backed me up
Vteckidd =Winner

thanks, try harder next time
Or
Line one of you BUILT cars against one of mine. we can run at commerce next weekend or on the street. Enter one of your cars in BOTS.

djmaddmartin
09-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Oh I asked the source and was backed up. It could be done. Don't you recall that peter's civic was running 400hp on stock internals for year before he built the motor. Hmmm, Yeahhhh. I remember it running strong at the track and never even letting out one poof of smoke. And he was running a USDM b18c. And he ran it almost every weekend. So 300hp on a stock motor is possible??? Yeah??? But none the less. I disagree with you that it can't be done. I will agree with you on that it can't be done everyday or at the drop of a hat. Gotta find cherry deals here and there over time to pull it off. So lets just let this thread lay. We disagree.

On a side note. I gotta give you props on finding your friends car. I had my civic stolen and it stung like hell. I'll make sure to let eveyone I know about this tire shop.

Formally...
09-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Ok, so I have watched this enough. I have to comment.

First, WE NEVER said you could not make 300whp on a stock GSR. We have done it on more than one car. We said you could not make 300whp on a GSR for $1500. YOU said that. We just want to know how he did that so we can maybe change the way we do our turbo kits. That is all we have asked for since the very start. LIST WHAT HE HAS THAT HE ONLY PAID $1500 for, then I will be willing to let him come to the dyno and prove that it makes over 300whp. I don't give a shit if it feels fast, I want to see it make the #'s. If it does then the dyno is free, if not then YOU pay for the dyno. What do you say?

djmaddmartin
09-30-2005, 03:31 PM
I said I could get a turbo kit for $1500 on ebay. I posted up several links after looking for the $1200 d series kits that vteckidd had eluded to. Posted by vtec kidd:
YOu can buy intercooler-less kits from Greddy for $1200 all day long on Ebay and from Nopi. But as for my friend I don't know. He told me he paid $1500 for a USDM b18c out of a t boned integra with 60k on the clock. The only other figure he told me was he paid $4300 for the swap and kit. If he's lying I couldn't tell ya. Thats what he told me. Everyone is jumpin my ass about this. Have you never heard of a package put together at a killer price or on the cheap???

Vteckidd
09-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Oh I asked the source and was backed up. It could be done. Don't you recall that peter's civic was running 400hp on stock internals for year before he built the motor. Hmmm, Yeahhhh. I remember it running strong at the track and never even letting out one poof of smoke. And he was running a USDM b18c. And he ran it almost every weekend. So 300hp on a stock motor is possible??? Yeah??? But none the less. I disagree with you that it can't be done. I will agree with you on that it can't be done everyday or at the drop of a hat. Gotta find cherry deals here and there over time to pull it off. So lets just let this thread lay. We disagree.

On a side note. I gotta give you props on finding your friends car. I had my civic stolen and it stung like hell. I'll make sure to let eveyone I know about this tire shop.
1) i never said you couldnt make 300whp on stock sleeves. we have done it multiple times.
2) dont bring peter into this
3) You still lack proof.

go back and READ waht YOU said . you said you could

"get a GSR swap for $1500, a turbo kit for $1500, clutch /flywheel $500, out the door making 300whp."

im saying, for $1500 YOU CANNOT MAKE 300whp on a b series with a turbo kit. if you think you can, tell me what you will do and show me proof.

EVEN WITH ALL THE BARGAIN HUNTING IN THE WORLD, at the end of the day, the intercooler and turbo, injectors, engine management system and BOV will run you $1500, no counting the downpipe, wastegate, and the manifold.

thats what im saying. you keep trying to shift the argument to something that has NOTHING to do with what YOU CLAIMED.

Go re read what Bee said. you cannot do it for $1500. and you cant do it reliably.

you said you could do a 300whp turbo kit for $1500, not just a plain jane turbo kit. there is a difference. I only listed the Greddy kits and EBAy kits becuase you were trying to say it cost $5000 to do a turbo kit on a D series. i was saying thats not true.

Yes we do believe in cheap power, if you shop around our turbo kits are the CHEAPEST around and they come INSTALLED with brand name parts and dyno graphs. you will not beat our price PERIOD on a turbo kit.

its obvious you just cant follow whats going on so im not going to point it out anymore. im done explaining myself.

Show me proof, or i call BULLSHIT.

/thread

gt3DelSol914
12-12-2005, 07:02 PM
yeah i got a del sol that has a jdm d15b, and i'm about to put a d16y8 head and im on it to see what it will do, i like the consept of out running a b series with a d-series, maybe not the built ones, but some of them for sure, anybody know anything on how much it will help, or anyone ahve any sohc setups, let me know, i'd love to hear about them.

preferredduck
09-24-2006, 08:55 PM
just get a b-series and a greddy turbo kit, end of fucking story, 220- 240 hp is way better, and you have not even touched the motor yet, DUH!!! i have had both, but a jdn b16, 2nd gen is music to my ears. i will never own a d again, unless it is a work car to keep miles off my si!!!

preferredduck
09-24-2006, 08:58 PM
7psi of boost, safely

green91
09-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Congrats on bringing back a thread that was dead for over 9 months jackass

§treet_§peed
09-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Indeed....