PDA

View Full Version : wtf a fuel leak? YEP. But from where? idk....

teh_mugen18
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Today, i filled my tank up from E to F, and i get it home all nice and fine. The car sat in the garage for maybe a couple hours, and the next thing i know, the whole garage smells like gas. I moved the car out, looked under the hood, sniffed everything, felt for raw fuel... no fuel leaks AT ALL under there....Checked my fuel cap, smelled around it...No leak there either. However, when i sit inside the car, there is a very weak bit of a hint of fuel. So, it leads me to sniff/feel around the backseat area where the fuel pump is located. Nothing from there either. The smell is seemingly only existent from the driver's seat area. Soo, where its coming from? i have no idea. :thinking:

EDIT:

I just let the car sit for ~15mins after running it, and i opened the door, it smells like the fuel leak is coming from somewhere inside the car itself:no:. Also, i've never had any problems like this before with the car

SiRed94
11-02-2008, 04:12 PM
What kind of car is this? Because I am having a very similar problem with my mom's Camaro. And the only place that I see that may even be leaking is the upper fuel injection O-Ring on the number 6 cylinder. And it isn't squirting, just has a little residue that smells like fuel at the top of the injector. But, it smells very very strong outside the car, and you can smell it faintly inside the car. I haven't got to checking fuel pressure and seeing if it is holding pressure and all that yet. I'm almost wondering if the injectors are leaking into the manifold while the car is off.

teh_mugen18
11-02-2008, 04:15 PM
its a 1990 integra, and none of my injector o-rings are leaking

Revmaynard
11-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Man, you sure are having a lot of problems with that car.

G.C
11-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Check your fuel filter,Injector,Fuel pump,Gas tank under the car,Hoses that goes through the tank to your engine. Soon or later you will find it.

teh_mugen18
11-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Found it. The filler neck to where it meets the tank isnt tight enough. Driplets are coming out there, making a puddle on the ground below.

G.C
11-02-2008, 04:23 PM
You the black kid that was at mahdavi the other day?

teh_mugen18
11-02-2008, 04:32 PM
You the black kid that was at mahdavi the other day?

yeah, lol

K20Z1
11-02-2008, 04:45 PM
is it ur vtec fluid

teh_mugen18
11-02-2008, 04:54 PM
is it ur vtec fluid

lol, it would be if i had vtak, i think it might be my blinker fluid leaking....or the casings on my muffler bearings arent tight enough and they're leaking out fluid lol:lmfao: