PDA

View Full Version : MB Quart or Boston Acoustic?

TTaz02
11-02-2008, 02:14 PM

OnURleft
11-02-2008, 02:29 PM
I'd go with the MB's. My cosin has them in his S4 and they sound top notch. There was a lot of back and forth opinions on MB after they switched (?) or sold their company (i.e they are shit and arn't MB anymore), sort of like how shwin bikes use to be the some of the best but now they are wal-mart bikes. However, they are still some of the best speakers money can buy i.m.o

Kyle
11-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Simply because you have an audi Id say mb quarts, although they arent very german since Rockford bought them out.

I've had my share of MBQ and have friends with boston and mbq, and both always sound great. I don't know how new ownership has effected their(mb quarts) quality, but boston has always been top notch.

TTaz02
11-02-2008, 02:58 PM

OnURleft
11-02-2008, 03:40 PM
i didn't realize they got bought out

actually I talked to my friend who's crazy into stereo's. I must of forgot but he simply said "MB Quart is not MB Quart" and told me their quality went way down. Get the Boston Acoustics..

yerrow
11-02-2008, 03:47 PM
i don't think the are owned by RF, iirc its maxxsonics

Double_0_Rusty
11-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Yes, the last I heard, Aug 07, MBQ was owned by Maxxsonics. I used to be a Rockford, MBQ, Panasonic, Diamond Audio rep in the shipping department at a Distribution warehouse.

fawk_you
11-02-2008, 04:11 PM
MB.

mocha latte cupcake
11-02-2008, 04:17 PM
MB = MO BOOTY....

TTaz02
11-02-2008, 04:24 PM

Kyle
11-02-2008, 04:53 PM
i don't think the are owned by RF, iirc its maxxsonics
oh...

I had a full Real MB Quart System back in high school, my sub blew and I had to talk to rockford fosgate and they sent me some titanium(t1 iirc) piece of shit that was ugly as all hell. I am still bitter about that.

I wouldn't doubt that they changed ownership again.

yeah so get boston acoustics for sure.

Dozier
11-02-2008, 06:50 PM
I had some bostons in my truck, I recently sold them online..Great sound quality. Have not heard the new mb quart line yet.

yerrow
11-02-2008, 09:02 PM
http://www.hifonicsusa.com/

check it

SRCRX
11-02-2008, 09:37 PM
MB's highend stuff is still made in Germany, there entry level speakers and all of there amps come out of china.

If have had Mb stuff in my cars for the last 10 yrs. great stuff, But if you can
I would try to listen to both of them before you buy.

pworld14
11-02-2008, 09:47 PM
I haven't owned any MBQ's but I do have Boston Acoustics all around my car (minus the sub) and I'm really impressed with how clear the sound is. I think your sound quality will also depend on what type of amp you will be running or if you are even planning on running an amp with it.....my vote will go with Boston Acoustics

big99miketma
11-02-2008, 10:03 PM
IMO hands down Boston Acoustics FTW. Even the link you provided for the Quarts the second one is just a midbass no coax or component set it is the (add a woofer kit). Quart is now crap since Maxxsonics bought them out.

Either way to get a real or more accurate suggestion for speakers you should also let people know what you listen to, if you are still running the factory radio and amp or if it has been switched to aftermarket, because sound is opinion and everyone likes different tastes, some people like it to sound smooth and natural which would be the Bostons, and some people like the tweeters to be overpowering and bright (tick and boom) and you can get that from metal (titanium) dome tweeters ie MB Quarts.

If you are still running the factory radio and amp then each factory speaker in your car is filtered by crossovers built into the factory amp, what this means is that if you plan on putting a coax in the rear and use the wires for the factory mid then your new coax speaker will not play any of the higher frequencies through the tweeter, and likewise if you use the factory tweeter wire then your new coax will only play tweeter frequencies.

TTaz02
11-02-2008, 10:16 PM

big99miketma
11-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Well again I can only tell you which one I like better which is the Bostons, you should listen to them yourself somewhere before spending a lot of money and being unsatisfied. Between the two choices the MB Quarts are not like they used to be for sure, and the Bostons do sound clear but they are also designed more for a very flat response what that means is a fairly dull lifeless tweeter and lack of midbass, again this is opinion. If you are looking to get a fair amount of midbass from your components I would keep looking for different brands to choose from, maybe Memphis M-class or Polk Momo or something there are plenty out there that have stronger mids in that same price range.
The main problem for now is your factory setup, so to make everything work properly together you need to either wait on installing the speakers until you get the radio and amp, or if you do not want to wait you need to get component sets for the front and the rear. For now you will just need to use the wires provided by the factory, and not use your crossovers until you change the amp and radio, and then at that point you will have to install the crossovers (the easiest way is at the location of the factory amp) because without any crossovers the speakers will sound very badly and blow very quickly, but like I said for now the factory amp has crossovers.

TTaz02
11-03-2008, 07:43 AM

Allstar3.8T
11-03-2008, 10:20 AM
I love MBQ, and drop in sizes they are amazing, but I have now heard drivers that make the Q's sound like Xplodes......

Hybrid Audio Legatia > MB, Boston, Diamond, Rainbow.... These are the VERY highest sound quality drivers on the planet....and are based out of Forsythe Co.
They have dethroned all theother high end speakers off the IASCA World Champ throne, most of the winners run the drivers now, and they win the team by a mile.

Ol' Gregg
11-03-2008, 11:22 AM
i have allways loved bostons and hence that is what i have now and i love it! go for it! BOSTON all the way!

Blitanicle99
11-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Boston acoustic are the best you can get. You can seriously order a 5000 dollar pair of front speakers.

TTaz02
11-03-2008, 02:07 PM

jc91sc
11-06-2008, 01:14 PM
QUART...PERIOD! Maxxonics makes come good Ish!

James E.

jc91sc
11-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Boston acoustic are the best you can get. You can seriously order a 5000 dollar pair of front speakers.

You know, the fact that you drive a Mazda makes me disappointed you said this...I'd have thought you had better taste. If you think Bostons are the best you can get, go by the LAST HiFi Buys in Alpharetta and listen to ANYTHING in the Focal line. You will be enlightened my brother....enlightened.

James E.

redgst97
11-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Last time I heard a set of Focals....Utopias at that...we were pulling them out to install a Hybrid Audio L841-3 set.

Glad we did that.

jc91sc
11-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Hell, I made some kicks for a set of Utopias and put the Alpine PDX 4ch to power them, they gave off absolutely BRILLIANT sound. Hadn't heard anything that nice since my old Qs!

DrBoost
11-22-2008, 08:20 PM
I would have to say Focal, MB Quart, Diamond, and Boston are all great. I have even heard JL Audio's ZR series, and Polks new SR series and they sound good to. I'm currently using Polk/Momo 6.5 Component set F and R in my accord. My car is fully matted with Dynamat and Dynaliner as well, and it sounds great. I love the old Boston Pro Series components (all black set) those were some of the best to me. Focals best sets are the Utopia Be series and K2 series IMO.