PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone suggest a good machine shop?

Torque
03-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Hello. First post. Might be in the wrong place.

I have a 2004 SVT Focus and I want to get some headwork done. I'm going N/A for now, but I have plans to breathe on it in the future.

Do any of you know of a machine shop that can do a good valve job and port and polish for less than the price of my first-born? The place that takes care of my small-block doesn't fool with four-bangers, so . . .

Any suggestions?

Any contact info, reviews would be appreciated.

4dmin
03-21-2005, 03:25 PM
^ call up mahdavi/batlground i know they have good machine shops they work w/

Vteckidd
03-21-2005, 04:39 PM
scots machine shop in fayettville, only machine shop in GA we trust an use.

they can get it a .5 thou outta round on bore and tapor. i have only seen one other macinist be able to do that locally, and he worked for PANOZ

ATK_Designs
03-22-2005, 12:10 AM
scots machine shop in fayettville, only machine shop in GA we trust an use.

they can get it a .5 thou outta round on bore and tapor. i have only seen one other macinist be able to do that locally, and he worked for PANOZ

hey Mike, you did mention about this shop. Do you have the number or something or where are they located at?

Thanks bro

Vteckidd
03-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Scots Machine Shop
770-461-9313

Torque
03-24-2005, 07:31 AM
I called Scots' Yesterday. The rates on the valve job was right on time, and i could tell he knew his shit when he said -- "Nah, we don't port and polish. I mean, a lot of guys'll tell you that they can do it, but you got to have a flow bench to do it right. We don't have one and i'm not sure of anyone closer than columbus that does . . ."

Any body know of a shop close to/in ATL that has a flow bench. You know, "a head shop?" :D

Vteckidd
03-25-2005, 11:38 AM
I called Scots' Yesterday. The rates on the valve job was right on time, and i could tell he knew his shit when he said -- "Nah, we don't port and polish. I mean, a lot of guys'll tell you that they can do it, but you got to have a flow bench to do it right. We don't have one and i'm not sure of anyone closer than columbus that does . . ."

Any body know of a shop close to/in ATL that has a flow bench. You know, "a head shop?" :D
Yes

Headflowresearch.com or PM me, i have his number, he works for PANOZ, he has a flow bench and im sure 93h22aCX on here can vouch for Mickeys work

Torque
03-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks, Vtecc. I'll call them on monday!

RiceBoy
03-29-2005, 09:34 AM

Hmm, Sunbelt has it too...There are tons of shop that has a flow bench...

Torque
03-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Hmm, Sunbelt has it too...There are tons of shop that has a flow bench...

Yeah, but I'm new to ATL (not to GA). My old machine/head shop only deals with v-8's (like in my Falcon :D )

So I'm looking for someone with a good rep here close to home.

atlantamx3
03-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Sunbelt is probably abut the best you can get... They do most of the SPEED World Challenge cars and all sorts of other stuff. But they are pricey.

Vteckidd
03-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Sunbelt is probably abut the best you can get... They do most of the SPEED World Challenge cars and all sorts of other stuff. But they are pricey.
Sunbelt is very good, and they know what they are doing. but i dont know anyone locally wiht a SUNBELT ported head that makes power that can show dyno sheets. my .02. not saying they arent capable, but i would let anyone locally besides mickey port my head. i personally send all mine out