PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer repair?

Trey
09-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Does anyone know where I can get my sub repaired? The foam ring came unglued. Can I send it back to JL. It's old as dirt.

JDM_Dominican
10-08-2005, 11:19 AM
i have the same question, except mine is torn, can this be replaced?

Spyder
10-08-2005, 09:46 PM
The was once upon a time a place called speaker clinic in marietta area.. they did everything from reconing and re surrounding to completely rebuilding a speaker from just a basket and magnet... however i have heard that particular location is no longer there and they have moved. unfortunatly i dont know to where.. :(

JDM_Dominican
10-10-2005, 06:05 PM
anybody know if i can get a repair done anywhere, like hi fi buys or traffic jams......

SOHC MONSTER
10-10-2005, 09:17 PM
honestly, most companies repair their own stuff for a flat labor rate. at one point, kicker would recone a woofer for $35

redgst97
10-11-2005, 08:05 AM
You could use something like shoe goo or rubber cement (or similar) to fix the surround, but its not the "best" thing in the world. Its definately a temporary fix to get you by until you get a new woofer. It might hold for 2 years, and it might hold for 2 notes. You want to use as little as possible to stil hold the surrond. The weight WILL effect the speaker to a certain extent, but probably not enough to make a huge difference. If your sub is old enough (3-4 years), its probably time to replace it anyway (IMO)...

John