PDA

View Full Version : IS300

blaknoize
10-31-2008, 06:59 PM
I have a general question about the Lexus IS300. I'm looking into getting one, possibly. I've always loved the way it looks and feels for a car its size. But are there any maintence issues I should be aware of? I found one at Carmax for 16K with 48K on it. Which I believe is a great price. Its an 04. Pics dont matter in this as this post is strickly informational. Please, if any owners of this said ride exist please LMK in PM or just post-to-thread.

Thanks

BABY J
10-31-2008, 07:02 PM
I think it's a great looking car ---> if I was gonna do it I'd be patient for the manual transmission--- harder to find but not impossible. Not to put your pocket on blast - but why go into that much debt just to drive a car? Also --- when you get an upmarket car the mods are upmarket pricing as well - I've seen some riced out ISs and that's a shame. Either go BIG w/ this chassis or be prepared to drive it close to stock (IMO).

kfzemx3
11-02-2008, 11:04 AM
I love mine! Granted I ended up going with an auto, because out of all the ones I looked at it was in the best condition with the lowest miles. Still good for around 400whp with boost, but when the time comes I'll just do a manual swap, doesn't seem to be that hard to find the parts to do it so. But then again I would rather have a manual so i didn't have to do the swap later on down the road.

GGPIS3
01-06-2009, 04:49 PM
is300's are overrated :ninja:

GSRtegŪ
01-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Always wanted one as well.

GGPIS3
01-14-2009, 08:54 PM
if you are still looking for one, lmk... i can get one for you at the auction and save you some money. i would stay away from 04s though as they have vsc that cannot be turned off. well it can be turned off, but at the expense of losing your abs. they are tied together by a relay. if you disconnect the relay, you get rid of vsc/abs.

other than that, what type of issues are you worried about? its a lexus.... and if treated right will last a very long time with minimal maintenance.

JDM LEX
02-10-2009, 02:31 PM
I had my 03' IS300 for almost a year now; i bought it used with 62k on it for $13,000 No problems has came up. I use it a daily driver. i love it. Just do regular maintenance and it will last for ever. I would recommend it to anyone

blaknoize
02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Wow this is an old reply, but yea, if I actually get around to test driving one (now that my CRX is back :D ) I will look into one. ESPECIALLY since insurance rates in Ohio dropped by 12% on financed cars via Safeauto

Maki
03-22-2009, 03:04 PM
i love my IS, the autos are actually stronger than the 5speeds, an upgrade would be the 6 spd tranny tho. wonderful car, no complaints.