PDA

View Full Version : A Fast and Reliable Starion

EP3sAreFun
10-31-2008, 05:59 PM
Been alot of Starions lately it seems so i figured i'd post mine...

Heres all my modifications:

4x750cc Delphi injectors
295 lph walbroh fuel pump
Australian Magna manifold
Ford TB
Fuel Injection Pro Fuel computer
Fuel Injection Pro Ignition computer
Summit Racing version 6AL set at 6200
Spec Stage 3 clutch
26lb lightened 89 flywheel
Aluminum Pan 89 transmission
1989 Modded intercooler 2.5" in/out
89 Single Piece Front lip
16x8" Wheels front and rear
Tokico Blues front and rear
Eiback Pro kit
Polyurethane sway bar end links
TD05H-17c Turbo
KDM 2.5" downpipe
KDM 2.5" intercooler pipes
2.5 Pure Insanity Exhaust
Turbo XS RFL BOV
Turbo XS boost controller
Aeromotive RRFPR
Flat top forged truck pistons
Balanced Rotating Assy
Stedabani Short Shifter
Shift knob from some old muscle car
Taylor 8.5 mm wires
Fat Summit Coil
Re-wired all relays/Fusible Links to modern Fuses
Arp Hardware through out
Caravan Valve cover
Marnal head non-Jet Valve Head
1mm OS Stainless steel valves
No cat converters
Green/Grey primer in prep for L05 Olive Grey(rare color)
Misc. stainless steel lines and fabbed lines
"euro" Side markers
Heavy Duty GM Alternator conversion

I know i'm forgetting so much stuff, but this thing is so much fun to drive and starts and drives well everytime i want it too. Only thing i really need to do to it is get some kind of camshaft, the stock cam is pretty lame and cuts my power band out at like 4500 RPM. I'm guesstimating that i'm somewhere in the 300hp/400tqe range? much more after i cam the car and can run it to 6200 no problem.

Factory LSD
Factory Turbo
Factory Widebody

God i love these cars.

Yeah i was at the Old School meet. iw as the goober walking around in the Black "starion" T shirt lol

heres some pics of my car.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2585/p8110109vw1.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/majik16106/Zeromeet058.jpg

Me86Rob
10-31-2008, 07:04 PM
saw you giving out rides at teh meet. love it!

Mad Mike
11-01-2008, 07:36 AM
WOW that setup looks great.

1439/2000
11-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Hurry up and paint it since that primer absorbs moisture and the longer it stays primer, the more of a chance there is to get ruined.

Other than that it looks good.

LeX
11-01-2008, 10:27 AM
nice car. You guys need to get more Starions out for next year! But lookin good

tdurr
11-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Clean car! I love it! where did you get ur piping and how did you rout it? My buddy's is cracked and needs hard pipe.

EP3sAreFun
11-01-2008, 01:39 PM
thanks for the compliments guys

Clean car! I love it! where did you get ur piping and how did you rout it? My buddy's is cracked and needs hard pipe.
These pipes were purchased from KDM performance. Hes a guy out in Cali that makes the stuff in batches and only a handful at a time. KDM is like one of three real Vendors i can think of. and only 2 of those 3 vendors are worth a shit to begin with.

http://www.kdmperformance.com/ shoot him an e-mail. All my intercooler pipes, my Intake pipe and my down pipe were from KDM. And damn looking at that web site they've grown alot. If your buddy has any questions tell him to get in touch with me.

Ronsam2006
11-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Nice starion man

Big_Dave
11-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Hurry up and paint it since that primer absorbs moisture and the longer it stays primer, the more of a chance there is to get ruined.

Other than that it looks good.
As long as the primer is not a lacquer based problem moisture will not create an issue.
I was checking out your intake set up at the old skool meet. MPI...FTW. So is that fuel injection pro working out well? It looks like you did nice job prepping the bodywork.

tdurr
11-02-2008, 01:51 PM
thanks for the compliments guys

These pipes were purchased from KDM performance. Hes a guy out in Cali that makes the stuff in batches and only a handful at a time. KDM is like one of three real Vendors i can think of. and only 2 of those 3 vendors are worth a shit to begin with.

http://www.kdmperformance.com/ shoot him an e-mail. All my intercooler pipes, my Intake pipe and my down pipe were from KDM. And damn looking at that web site they've grown alot. If your buddy has any questions tell him to get in touch with me.

Do you think with the routing of the pipes you can make a harp pipe kit with some 2.5in U bends, a good cutting tool, and a bumch of connectors? lol this is like one of 2 things stopping the car from running.... :ninja:

FasTech
11-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Looks good man..... Never really cared for a Starion, but I really like yours for some reason!

EP3sAreFun
11-02-2008, 08:28 PM
As long as the primer is not a lacquer based problem moisture will not create an issue.
I was checking out your intake set up at the old skool meet. MPI...FTW. So is that fuel injection pro working out well? It looks like you did nice job prepping the bodywork.
Its Urethane based. I didnt wanna try my luck with lacquer. and i was super lucky with the body. It was in excellent shape. But hey, i dont wanna hear nothing bout the paint job... it was my first time with a gun in my hand ever so i'm happy :) Yeah the FIP works pretty damn well, i need to get a working notebook to adjust my maps a bit though.

Do you think with the routing of the pipes you can make a harp pipe kit with some 2.5in U bends, a good cutting tool, and a bumch of connectors? lol this is like one of 2 things stopping the car from running.... :ninja:
dude, winding the piping in these things is terrible. My exhaust is custom, intake was custom. But i had to search hard for someone who made the pipes.

Allstar3.8T
11-03-2008, 10:07 AM
I keep seeing HOT old starions/conquests in Walton Co area. There was a beautiful blue starion on Ozora rd, but now its gone. I use to see a red one w/o a front bumper a lot on Hwy 81, and I see a white one in the same area pretty regularly. Those cars are very cool, and always bring a smile to my face.
We DO need an 80s car meet sometime, it'd be a ton of old school fun!

quickdodgeŽ
11-03-2008, 07:06 PM

Where have you been, man? We've had three HUGE old school Japanese car meets since June of this year. Each besting over 50 cars. But it's pen only to 85 and older models. We are starting them again coming in March so bring your punk ass out. Later, QD.

Stormhammer
11-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I keep seeing HOT old starions/conquests in Walton Co area. There was a beautiful blue starion on Ozora rd, but now its gone. I use to see a red one w/o a front bumper a lot on Hwy 81, and I see a white one in the same area pretty regularly. Those cars are very cool, and always bring a smile to my face.

I met the owner of the Fiji blue - I think it's out getting the engine rebuilt since it had a rod knock, but it was multiport like this one is.

Is the red one on nice rims? If so, that one belongs to pure_insanity

The white one I may also know who owns it...

You see a lot of them in Walton County because there is a shop in Loganville, an enthusiast, that me, jahjah, and a few other locals will always go visit for any fabrication work ( the man is a freaking psycho when it comes to fabrication )

EP3sAreFun
11-05-2008, 11:07 AM
aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddd

its for sale

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203333

Just spent alot of time on the steering but it can't stay.