PDA

View Full Version : Misc Question to the Ex-Cigg Smokers

Tony Prelude
09-07-2005, 06:46 PM
heres the story.. ive been smoking for the past 3 years of my life. 3 years ago i was in great shape (lifted weights and ran 45 min everyday)..now 3 years later ive picked up smoking.. i know back then i could run 45 min no problem but now i started working out again and i know now all the smokin i did is getting in the way of my running(like losing my breath extremely quicker and fatigue alot faster) my question is if i were to quit smoking entirely would i be able to breathe normally again like back then? also i know people who quit smoking starts getting a major appetite and gain lots of weight.. any idea on how to counter that?

HyPer50
09-07-2005, 08:42 PM
yes.. eventually you'll be able to breathe like "normal" your lung capacity may be slightly deminished, but it won't be that bad.... not after 3 years. as for the appetite, i've never had a problem with that. i chew nicorette, so that gives me something to do... i think thats what the whole "appetite" thing is, you just need something to do, buy a pack of gum or something... or just control yourself = P

ahmonrah
09-08-2005, 12:58 AM
yeah , last time i quit it was really easy, i used yellow root sticks(buy at any herbal shop) to take the place of smoking. plus they come in many assorted flavors and some have flavor and floride. i need to go get some more. i need to stop smoking again.

blurred visions
09-22-2005, 01:26 AM
I just quit smoking 10 days ago on the 12th and I havent picked one up since. In these 12 days I have been breathing much better. As for the weight gain, I have been going to LA fitness about 5-6 times a week so I'm positive that will counter it.