PDA

View Full Version : Title law in GA?

Mitchell1789
10-30-2008, 10:40 PM
So I have a 95 gs500 with no title. Can I register it and tag it? I have a bill of sale from the motorcycle shop it was bought at last year to the guy I bought it from, then another from him to me. I might call the insurance company tomorrow and pretend like I'm looking at buying it and have them run the VIN and tell me if I can register/title it. I won't do so for a while anyway since I wanna cut it up and make a mild streetfighter out of it I was j/w in the meantime.

Thanks,
Mitch

X-Runner
10-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Bonded title through an insurance company is the only way.

Sir_Christopher
10-31-2008, 02:36 AM
yup yup

Cool Cat Racing
10-31-2008, 07:56 AM
Or you'll have to get the guy you bought it from to apply for the title and get it then sign it over to you. I think the law is 15 years before it doesn't need a title so you're still going to need one. You can go to the tag office and pull a VIN registry on the car, its only a few bucks and will tell you the history of who has owned the bike. I've had to do that on a few cars at the shop when people don't have the money to pay for them. They'll print it out right there so you don't have to wait for something in the mail. Otherwise you'll have to either do the bonded title or you can go through the adandonment process which is a flaming pain in the ass.