PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods eg civic motor rebuild

canas
10-30-2008, 09:03 PM
hey guys,
basically heres the deal. im in the market to buy a civic eg. what im getting at is, i will be buying a RUNNING eg but, the car will probably will have tons of miles on it. i want to get the motor rebuilt to give myself some reassurance that itll hold till a swap.
how much would it be to rebuild a motor?
im not wanting to build the sohc motor, just rebuild it for reliability(stock specs).
i dont want to spend a lot of money either, so that i can use that money towards mods and swap.
also, what/wheres a reputable shop to have this done?
thanks guys,
andrew

BTEC
10-30-2008, 09:12 PM
call mspi to get a quote. 678-895-7785

its probably gonna be around 500 or so im guessing. piston rings,oil pump, all new bearings and seals, gaskets, and labor. just a ball park from me, and idk sheet.

canas
10-30-2008, 09:24 PM
call mspi to get a quote. 678-895-7785

its probably gonna be around 500 or so im guessing. piston rings,oil pump, all new bearings and seals, gaskets, and labor. just a ball park from me, and idk sheet.
thanks btec
thats around the price range i was hoping!

and is mspi someone on here or is that initials for something?

BTEC
10-30-2008, 09:27 PM
mainstream performance. emmino da great works there. they also have a forum in the sponsors section. you can ask for a quote in there. they started out as strictly honda/acura shop but now they do all imports. best shop around imo and cool ppl too. not cooler than me of course but they are cool.

canas
10-30-2008, 09:31 PM
mainstream performance. emmino da great works there. they also have a forum in the sponsors section. you can ask for a quote in there. they started out as strictly honda/acura shop but now they do all imports. best shop around imo and cool ppl too. not cooler than me of course but they are cool.
ok thanks, and yeah i was going to ask about mainstream because i remember hearing that their all about hondas and ive heard things about emmino da great too.
great thanks again man.
reps
andrew