PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Real talk , real confused

DUBSf22c
10-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Ok so ..

Most of you know the STi is gone and I'm planning on purchasing another car by jan/feb. I want ot wait and be able to put more down and not finance more then 40% of the value.

I have a lot of ups and downs about my choices.

Z06 vs. 05 STi

Pro's of the Z06
I want to move on and change to a different scene and move up.

Cheaper for me on insurance
I wouldnt spoil my money into it like a STi
Def change of pace
More mature car crowd
MPG
Faster
Def good looking
Easier to work on.
Power potential

CON's

Enjoy the import scene more
Not as practical as the STi
Not as safe
more expensive to fix ( well not by much)
Screams pull me over
HORRIBLE INTERIOR
Not happy with the seats at all

STi PRO'S AND CON'S
One of my favorite cars for the price. Enjoyed the most out of all the cars I have driven

PROS

one car I really enjoyed the most driving.
Looks amazing (god i miss mine)
AWD
Great weekend track car and able to get groceries and stuff from home depot
Very safe car (i would know :cry:)
Enjoy the car scene and the people I have been involved with through my first build
Better interior
Spoiled with the AWD
Different from the 04's - Would have the changes I wanted in my 04

CONs

More expensive insurance.
Cost to get what the z06 can give me power wise.
Says pull me over unless I de-wing her and get a black or white.
Would like to move on from this
MPG
Not much potential that the Z06 has

Big Baller
10-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Had both...buy the Z06 its way more car for the money.

To clarify, if you are going to go to the track it is way more car for the money.

NewGen33
10-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Well seeing that you have your car in your sig and avatar still I think you are more attached to the STI family. Either way your getting a great performance vehicle. GL on your choice.

DUBSf22c
10-30-2008, 07:52 PM
THE STI IS GONE homie /\

Atlblkz06
10-30-2008, 08:00 PM
About the vette, make sure you swing by one of the corvetteforum (.com) and read about the vehicle before you jump in a buy - and hate it.

From what I know - C5Z:
Seats SUCK - plan on getting new seats.
Minor rattle issues, check the forums to find most of em
Traction control is a bit rudimentary and slightly intrusive.

By the way, would you consider a C6 vette? I'm sure you could get one almost new (<5k miles) for low 30s if you looked. It has a 430HP motor and its faster than the C5 Z06.

You certainly dont have a bad choice here either way :)

yungdz
10-30-2008, 08:06 PM
I was just saying the other day if I wrecked my suby I'd hop in a Zo6. But the Suby Community is great and a nice STI gets lots of props from the more mature crowd as well.

NewGen33
10-30-2008, 08:16 PM
THE STI IS GONE homie /\
I should of said your old car my bad

DunDunSkeert
10-30-2008, 08:18 PM
I would get a Z06. It is nice to try out different manufacturers and see what you like. Subie's are great but I think with the Z06 it could hold quite a bit more power and be more reliable. Corvettes are just bad ass.

DUBSf22c
10-30-2008, 08:26 PM
I would get a Z06. It is nice to try out different manufacturers and see what you like. Subie's are great but I think with the Z06 it could hold quite a bit more power and be more reliable. Corvettes are just bad ass.

Suby owner.. interrrresssssting

Catnip
10-30-2008, 10:35 PM
You know my vote on this, either way you're getting a beautiful, quick, reliable, and well respected car.

I know that made it a little harder to decide :ninja:

For real though, go test drive some Z06 vettes and see how you like them.

antiv6
10-30-2008, 10:50 PM
c5z06, if i didn't have a cobra that's probably what i would be driving. The interior sucks even to me and i drive a mustang lol, but that is the only real con i see. They look amazing and are fast and have tons of potential.

DUBSf22c
10-30-2008, 10:54 PM
c5z06, if i didn't have a cobra that's probably what i would be driving. The interior sucks even to me and i drive a mustang lol, but that is the only real con i see. They look amazing and are fast and have tons of potential.

Well you know who my best friend is.. sicstang.. He wants a z06. You know my ears are gunna fall off with Z06 nonsense

Im really thinking I might get a 05 Sti and a c6 6.3 vette. later. The choices are endless. This time though. I will be waiting again till I find the right match.

antiv6
10-30-2008, 11:01 PM
either way you should go drive both, get what you think you will enjoy more. Dont worry about the car scene even if you showed up to an import meet with the vette you'd still have fun.

Atlblkz06
10-30-2008, 11:06 PM
either way you should go drive both, get what you think you will enjoy more. Dont worry about the car scene even if you showed up to an import meet with the vette you'd still have fun.

Nah not really. The import guys are usually too scared to talk to you :lmfao:

Kaiser
10-30-2008, 11:14 PM
I'll be honest, and I don't really intend to insult anyone here though I'm sure I will (as usual). The only aspect that the Mustang/Vette/Viper crowd is really more "Mature" about typically is the fact that they're older. Now, there's certainly exceptions to rules and there are also plenty of Mustange/Vette/Viper guys who aren't really part of that "Crowd." However, the guys who are talk bad about imports (Without even knowing anything about them usually) talk bad about each other's cars, and typically are even worse about talking trash about each other. They always lay hard on the pedal, even when just pulling out of a parking lot, as if they have to show off the loudass exhaust they have, and whenever two or three of them get together it's like a pissing match about who has the most displacement or bigger supercharger.

Alot of them are middle-aged guys who're reliving their youth except with more money this go round. If that's your kinda thing, then go right ahead and join it. But please for God's sake and your own sanity if you buy a Z06 then come and still hang out with the people you know and love. If the other side is just as bad then why not just stay here?

Anyways, my vote goes to the STi, I'm not impressed by the C5 Z06. For that much money the interior is cheaper than the C4's and makes me feel like I'm riding in a souped up Cobalt. Plus the exhaust noise if you get a decent exhaust and the rattles that come with it just drive me up the wall.

87 Turbo II
10-30-2008, 11:15 PM
C5 Z06 or C6 Vette (base model)

87 Turbo II
10-30-2008, 11:16 PM
I'll be honest, and I don't really intend to insult anyone here though I'm sure I will (as usual). The only aspect that the Mustang/Vette/Viper crowd is really more "Mature" about typically is the fact that they're older. Now, there's certainly exceptions to rules and there are also plenty of Mustange/Vette/Viper guys who aren't really part of that "Crowd." However, the guys who are talk bad about imports (Without even knowing anything about them usually) talk bad about each other's cars, and typically are even worse about talking trash about each other. They always lay hard on the pedal, even when just pulling out of a parking lot, as if they have to show off the loudass exhaust they have, and whenever two or three of them get together it's like a pissing match about who has the most displacement or bigger supercharger.

Alot of them are middle-aged guys who're reliving their youth except with more money this go round. If that's your kinda thing, then go right ahead and join it. But please for God's sake and your own sanity if you buy a Z06 then come and still hang out with the people you know and love. If the other side is just as bad then why not just stay here?

Anyways, my vote goes to the STi, I'm not impressed by the C5 Z06. For that much money the interior is cheaper than the C4's and makes me feel like I'm riding in a souped up Cobalt. Plus the exhaust noise if you get a decent exhaust and the rattles that come with it just drive me up the wall.
sounds like you're stereotyping them just as much if not more than you claim they're doing to us.

:crazy:

DUBSf22c
10-31-2008, 02:05 AM
What do you drive?

Thanks god someone actually had an opinion then just z06 more powha bla bla

DUBSf22c
10-31-2008, 02:09 AM
The import guys are usually too scared to talk to you :lmfao:

you ment ricers

I dont know where you get that from.. my circle is as follows (friends)

usta be my 04sti
03 cobra
6.0 gto
05 civic si
01 p-car C2
03 350z
04 jetta

The Creeper
10-31-2008, 02:27 AM
I don't see why everyone seems to think the STI interior is superior to the c5z. My brother has a 05' STI and i have a c5z, and i personally think the STI's seats are not very comfortable at all, and rather cheap. Neither car interiors are impressive per say, but the z06 is all about no weight all performance. If you are used to driving an AWD car, then going to a c5z will be a much different experience. The STI handles very nicely, and the performance is great, but the c5z is in another league stock for stock. The noise in the c5z is louder then normal because of the lack of sound deadening in it, but i play my music loud enough to where this does not concern me. And I disagree corvettes scream "pull me over," ive never been pulled over in mine. Hell the only ticket ive ever gotten was when i used to drive a import a long time ago, so that stereotype is not true at all. The corvette crowd as a whole though is mainly older guys, just the way it is, but there are young people driving them here and there. Anyways, def test drive the c5z to see if you like it, and go from there. Its all about personal tastes and how the car feels to you.:2cents:

alpine_aw11
10-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Are you sure Sti insurance is more than the zo6? That doesn't make sense. You have a tough decision on your hands man, I wouldn't know which to pick myself. From what I've heard though the Sti is built way better, especially the interior. The Vette is just American so overall quality naturally suffers except for the drivetrain. The z06 is definitely more car for the money though.

Z0_o6
10-31-2008, 12:55 PM
personally, (owning a 04 STi) if you are going for straight line performance, easy to work on, not having to retune for EVERYTHING, and can overlook the interior, I would go for the vette any day. I love my STi to death but if tossed the keys to a C6 or C6Z the suby would be gone.

DUBSf22c
10-31-2008, 02:14 PM
personally, (owning a 04 STi) if you are going for straight line performance, easy to work on, not having to retune for EVERYTHING, and can overlook the interior, I would go for the vette any day. I love my STi to death but if tossed the keys to a C6 or C6Z the suby would be gone.

Agree'd

that is my feeling. But I still feel like I never got the sti to the point i wanted it. I didnt get to make her what I wanted it to be. I dont want to give up on that .. but i dont want to get back into one and be like damn. I could have been in that..

m3dic8d
10-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Agree'd

that is my feeling. But I still feel like I never got the sti to the point i wanted it. I didnt get to make her what I wanted it to be. I dont want to give up on that .. but i dont want to get back into one and be like damn. I could have been in that..
I doubt you'd say that when you have the keys to a z06 in your pocket... whoever's car it was would more than likely be saying to themselves how they wished they had your car lol. The only reason to choose a sti > z06 is if you have to have a 4 door. If you can live with two seats it's a no brainer imo...

DUBSf22c
10-31-2008, 05:58 PM
I doubt you'd say that when you have the keys to a z06 in your pocket... whoever's car it was would more than likely be saying to themselves how they wished they had your car lol. The only reason to choose a sti > z06 is if you have to have a 4 door. If you can live with two seats it's a no brainer imo...

You read that wrong.. I had a Sti.. I'm saying if I buy a sti again.. will I wish I bought a z06

Z0_o6
10-31-2008, 06:03 PM
the way i see it to even hang with a new z06 you better have a MINIMUM of 500 whp on an STi which is not even close to cheap... plus the z06 is reliable at 500 whp. I love my STi to death like i said, but i kinda have to say that its not even in the same class as a z06.

Mr.Big
10-31-2008, 06:12 PM
A z06 is the way to go.
With the money u spend on both cars . Z06 will still be faster

Got Milk?
10-31-2008, 10:36 PM
buy ut self a honda and have great mpg, great car for groceries, cheap to mod.

95jdmdc4
11-01-2008, 12:31 AM
hey man, you had a real nice sti, I believe I've passed you several times off of hwy 92. Sorry for your loss of the car. As to answer your question, I'd say go the zo6, I've driven one, fast car, yes with the stereo knobs off a cavalier, lol, and door handles from a silverado, or whatever, but you get over that with the rest of the package it offers. On the other hand, if you say you didn't finish your sti to the way you wanted it, then get another one and start over fresh. Good luck man!

EJ25RUN
11-03-2008, 05:00 PM
If it was me, id get the Z06.

Reasons..

Never had a V8
Never had American
Never had something with that level of potential
Never had a car that can go 0-175 mph in one gear.

OneSlow5pt0
11-03-2008, 05:11 PM
deff go for the vette,one the few modern pure sports cars....have great looks,wouldnt be surpised if the vette got betetr gas milage,deff on the highway it should

but like they said check out the C6s too

Motivation
11-03-2008, 05:13 PM
If it was me, id get the Z06.

Reasons..

Never had a V8
Never had American
Never had something with that level of potential
Never had a car that can go 0-175 mph in one gear.

:lmfao:

Elbow
11-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Corvette

MINI
11-03-2008, 05:56 PM
where ever your heart is

OnURleft
11-04-2008, 01:21 AM
For me personally...I couldn't get the Z because I just can't deal with the Pontiac Sunfire esq interior and how rough around the edges they are. No back seats, shitty switch gear, and just nothing interesting or sexy inside. Also, I hate the stereo type they have at the track..tons of power, tons of tire, yet there's 5 of them getting passed by an E30 or a Miata. Don't get me wrong they're fast and with a proper set of marbles can be sick track cars but it's something about how they are set up, whether it's their chassy or just how they feel in general that bores me everytime I drive one (driven the piss out of a C6Z, LS2 Z51 and 98 LS1). However, their sound and outright straight line speed almost out weighs this.

As far as the Sti goes I just can't take them seriously unless they are in a soft or dark color, wingless and just plain as "un-poser boy" as possible..Don't get me wrong i'd love to jump in one at any road course, however look how extreme track cars look compared to street cars. They're more at home looking there despite the fact that they are as aerodynamic as a brick. Get my point?
On that note, I assume you have 23-30k to spend. I'd have to get an E46 M3 simply because it offers everything, has the best motor and based on my experience is the MOST fun to drive. You can't get enough of those things on the street and especially on the track. However, i'd also consider CTS-V's (although I know the axel hop would steer me away),E39 M5's, B6 S4's (even with limited mod ability you can make them very nice), MK4 Supra's and R33 Skylines.

DUBSf22c
11-04-2008, 02:34 AM
For me personally...I couldn't get the Z because I just can't deal with the Pontiac Sunfire esq interior and how rough around the edges they are. No back seats, shitty switch gear, and just nothing interesting or sexy inside. Also, I hate the stereo type they have at the track..tons of power, tons of tire, yet there's 5 of them getting passed by an E30 or a Miata. Don't get me wrong they're fast and with a proper set of marbles can be sick track cars but it's something about how they are set up, whether it's their chassy or just how they feel in general that bores me everytime I drive one (driven the piss out of a C6Z, LS2 Z51 and 98 LS1). However, their sound and outright straight line speed almost out weighs this.

As far as the Sti goes I just can't take them seriously unless they are in a soft or dark color, wingless and just plain as "un-poser boy" as possible..Don't get me wrong i'd love to jump in one at any road course, however look how extreme track cars look compared to street cars. They're more at home looking there despite the fact that they are as aerodynamic as a brick. Get my point?
On that note, I assume you have 23-30k to spend. I'd have to get an E46 M3 simply because it offers everything, has the best motor and based on my experience is the MOST fun to drive. You can't get enough of those things on the street and especially on the track. However, i'd also consider CTS-V's (although I know the axel hop would steer me away),E39 M5's, B6 S4's (even with limited mod ability you can make them very nice), MK4 Supra's and R33 Skylines.

I even looked at getting a r32...

OnURleft
11-04-2008, 09:08 AM
I even looked at getting a r32...

I'd consider that too but they plow like crazy, are over weight and just not that much fun to drive. However, the quality makes it worth it to me over a WRX...Sti, i'm not sure, depends how much boost money I had left over

Atlblkz06
11-04-2008, 10:09 AM
The 0-175 in one gear is the C6Z06. And well it wasn't exactly a joke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1WbSqGXUzQ

What kinda mileage did you get from your STi btw?
With the vette I think you can expect 17-21 city and 25-28 highway.

4dmin
01-05-2009, 12:53 PM
vette w/o a doubt

CHADbee
01-05-2009, 09:05 PM
the man didnt say anything about a c6 people, stop putting extra money in his pocket LOL

i would personally go with a c5z because im a huge fan of the LSx(AMAZING motor) and its a very sexy car with alot of potential. both cars are pretty expensive to mod though, check the price on headers and full exhaust on a vette LOL

listen to this, make sure to watch the whole thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP5uefxVh8U&feature=related

if that sound gives you chills like it does me then you know what to do....

JuStCrUzIn
01-05-2009, 09:40 PM
sti=:boobies: c5=:idb: civic=:cry: