PDA

View Full Version : Misc Heaven for all or for selected...?

4dmin
09-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Heaven for all or for selected...?

ok where do unbabtized babies, mentaly hanicapped, & people born before christ & christianity go???

Killer
09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Babies.. that's a good question most think there is an "age of accountability rule" the same would be with handicapped. personally idk... but people before christ still knew of God... instead of askin for forgiveness you made sacrifices and still lived for God... (sacrifices of cows/sheep... so on and so forth) there are numerous accounts of people in the bible before Christ and it even states some were raptured into Heaven. (meaning didn't die God just brought them from life on earth to heaven)

chuck
09-07-2005, 05:24 PM
its not really a black and white issue, there isn't a fine line that says who is and isn't 'going' to heaven

i don't think its for us to know or decide...on the day of judgement when heaven comes to the earth god will hold each of us accountable for our sins against him; babies, the mentally retarded, you, me, etc...

but the bible says that babies are concieved in sin and that they are sinners from birth and therefore they would go to hell...but it all comes down to gods judgement and god is a fair and merciful god

killer...have you found any scripture about the accountability stuff??? if so i'd really like to get those from ya.

PSINXS
09-07-2005, 05:32 PM
i say 144,000 go to heaven. i was raised a Jehovah's witness and thats what i was taught. according to the bible it seems true to me.

Pedal
09-07-2005, 08:27 PM
the way i thought it went was everyone is given a change even those that came before him, and if htey excepted him at that time they were in, or somethign like that.

i also herd that those that came before him went to pergatory.

just stuff i have herd when i asked differnt people

MitsuMan
09-07-2005, 11:31 PM
i say 144,000 go to heaven. i was raised a Jehovah's witness and thats what i was taught. according to the bible it seems true to me.
wtf? and so only those of this "elect" can move up and the rest are damned?, no offense but thats not logical. Why waste your time on a chance so small?...

4dmin
09-08-2005, 07:44 AM

bahhhhh sorry dude :lmfao: , i laugh about this all the time...

Killer
09-08-2005, 10:26 AM
killer...have you found any scripture about the accountability stuff??? if so i'd really like to get those from ya.

no my point was it isn't in scripture... people just believe in it... i'd like to know myself.... I've never seen it and i've asked plenty of pastor's all say it's just a belief...

Jaimecbr900
09-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Heaven would technically be for the SELECTED.

If everyone went to Heaven, then there would be no reason to do the things that it takes to get there.

How do you get selected would be a better question. ;)

4dmin
09-08-2005, 12:42 PM
How do you get selected would be a better question. ;)

don't answer my ??? w/ a ??? just answer it :D

Jaimecbr900
09-08-2005, 12:42 PM
don't answer my ??? w/ a ??? just answer it :D

I did you heathen....... :D

ISAtlanta300
09-08-2005, 01:09 PM
LOL Heathen !!!!

My theory is that you are born with your place already in heaven..... it is through your actions in life that you are assured your stay in heaven or buy your way out... So according to my theory, Babies automatically go to heaven....

Makes sense? :)

Killer
09-08-2005, 01:35 PM
LOL Heathen !!!!

My theory is that you are born with your place already in heaven..... it is through your actions in life that you are assured your stay in heaven or buy your way out... So according to my theory, Babies automatically go to heaven....

Makes sense? :)

it does... but the bible states we are all born sinners... and that the only way to Heaven is through Him.... I'm just as confused about this as anyone else though... so... just throwin in my 2 cents

Tracy
09-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Finally confused the christians???? Way to go, Paul.

ISAtlanta300
09-08-2005, 02:08 PM
it does... but the bible states we are all born sinners... and that the only way to Heaven is through Him.... I'm just as confused about this as anyone else though... so... just throwin in my 2 cents

Indeed, we are born sinners, but Jesus died for our sins.. washed them all away with His blood...That does not mean you get a free ride into heaven. It is through your action that it is determined if you are worthy. So therefore, everybody got a place "reserved" for them.. but the question is if you will keep it...

4dmin
09-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Indeed, we are born sinners, but Jesus died for our sins.. washed them all away with His blood...That does not mean you get a free ride into heaven. It is through your action that it is determined if you are worthy. So therefore, everybody got a place "reserved" for them.. but the question is if you will keep it...

how are you goning to show actions if you are a baby or a dead baby or someone who was born before jesus??? ya explain, b/c your idea as you said is a theory.

Jaimecbr900
09-08-2005, 02:29 PM
I can see what ISAtlanta is trying to say. He is saying the Heaven is for everyone until they screw it up. Babies can't screw it up, because they don't know what they are doing. Therefore, in his theory, babies would go to Heaven because they never screwed it up.

Am I right?

ISAtlanta300
09-08-2005, 02:30 PM
how are you goning to show actions if you are a baby or a dead baby or someone who was born before jesus??? ya explain, b/c your idea as you said is a theory.

See: "you are born with your place already in heaven..... it is through your actions in life that you are assured your stay in heaven or buy your way out... So according to my theory, Babies automatically go to heaven...".

Think of it more like a slider scale... starts at the top... and depending of how you live, goes to the middle and to the bottom, or goes to the middle then back to the top....

LOL Look I can only assume that is how it works cause I am not the gatekeeper at heaven's gate.. ;)

LaurenK
09-08-2005, 03:50 PM
I agree...a baby is innocent, and doesn't have the ability to understand, or a chance to sin...a baby will go to heaven reguardless...a baby is clean.
We are sinners and will never be perfect, God has a place for everyone in Heaven, we are his children...when one comes to terms with his/her own heart and believes that God sent his son to die for our sins...he/she asks the Lord to come into oneself and save one's soul...
This is what I believe...Even after one has accepted the truth, the purpose is to lead a well-rounded life, and put the Lord first. Trust in the Lord and he will guide you. We will never be perfect, and will still mess up...but the purpose is to re-gain focus and keep God at the center of are hearts.

Killer
09-08-2005, 04:06 PM
^^^^^ :goodjob:

ISAtlanta300
09-09-2005, 02:14 PM
I agree...a baby is innocent, and doesn't have the ability to understand, or a chance to sin...a baby will go to heaven reguardless...a baby is clean.
We are sinners and will never be perfect, God has a place for everyone in Heaven, we are his children...when one comes to terms with his/her own heart and believes that God sent his son to die for our sins...he/she asks the Lord to come into oneself and save one's soul...
This is what I believe...Even after one has accepted the truth, the purpose is to lead a well-rounded life, and put the Lord first. Trust in the Lord and he will guide you. We will never be perfect, and will still mess up...but the purpose is to re-gain focus and keep God at the center of are hearts.
Very nicely put.. +1 Rep for ya !

Jaimecbr900
09-09-2005, 02:21 PM

Try as I may, the system wouldn't let me +1 ya..... :(

Very nicely put. I am impressed. Really. :goodjob:

4dmin
09-09-2005, 02:45 PM

if i'm not mistaken aren't we born in sin inherited from Adam/Eve? catholics believe you need to be baptized, so if your baby dies of natural causes or abortion then it will not go to heaven.

ISAtlanta300
09-09-2005, 03:01 PM
if i'm not mistaken aren't we born in sin inherited from Adam/Eve? catholics believe you need to be baptized, so if your baby dies of natural causes or abortion then it will not go to heaven.

You are mistaken.

Even "Jesus" was baptized when he was a full grown man by John the baptist. Though I may be guilty of being "Baptized" as a baby, I know it is mainly "symbolic".

How can you "accept" jesus into your heart if you have basically no coherence as a baby?

Therefore, babies are innocent.

4dmin
09-09-2005, 03:18 PM
You are mistaken.

Even "Jesus" was baptized when he was a full grown man by John the baptist. Though I may be guilty of being "Baptized" as a baby, I know it is mainly "symbolic".

How can you "accept" jesus into your heart if you have basically no coherence as a baby?

Therefore, babies are innocent.

just b/c babies are innocent in your eyes does not mean they go to heaven. if you are born in sin and you are not batized yet you have not had the chance to except jesus then you can't go to heaven or hell.

ISAtlanta300
09-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Jesus died for your sins... LOL

(broken record)....

LaurenK
09-09-2005, 03:35 PM
A baby isn't born a sinner...A baby cannot sin if it doesn't even know what sin is. A baby is a clean, non-corrupted being...I believe a baby is an angel. It knows no evil, it knows nothing but purity.

chuck
09-09-2005, 03:47 PM
actuall according to your bible a baby is born a sinner...sin isn't learned, it is imbedded in us...that's why adam ate the apple, he was tempted and fell into temptation even though god told him not to. so every baby born is born a sinner guilty of the sins passed down from adam.

romans 5:12 - by one man sin entered the world, and death by sin; and so passed upon all men, for that we have sinned

so that means that babies are sinners and:

deutoronemy 24:16 - the fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin

that deutoronemy kinda shocked me when i read it...before i read that, it was my personal belief that the child went with the parent, and i'd still like to think that god would have mercy on the souls of the children...but i guess we'll never know

4dmin
09-09-2005, 03:52 PM
thank you ... this is why some churches baptise at babies and some as adults... b/c some believe you do a batism when they are capable or sinning (adult). LIMBO, is from what i know the only place they go.

PSINXS
09-10-2005, 03:31 PM
I believe baptism should be done when one is ready to dedicate their life to god. babies IMO do not qualify

AtifSajid
09-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Heaven for all or for selected...?

ok where do unbabtized babies, mentaly hanicapped, & people born before christ & christianity go???

unbabtized babies go wherever god wants them to go when they grow up and finish there life.

hadicapped people - like born handicapped extremely have a free ride. Or mentally retarded.

People before christ - well before christ there was Moses - Abraham - and many others who preached the same religion, so there final destination is based on if they listened to what these prophets had to say..

AtifSajid
09-13-2005, 09:22 AM
I can see what ISAtlanta is trying to say. He is saying the Heaven is for everyone until they screw it up. Babies can't screw it up, because they don't know what they are doing. Therefore, in his theory, babies would go to Heaven because they never screwed it up.

Am I right?

You are right.

Jaimecbr900
09-14-2005, 03:07 PM
You are right.

Thank you my brother. :goodjob: