PDA

View Full Version : The State of Georgia vs DrivenMind

DrivenMind
10-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Good things come to those who wait.

For those of you who recall my recent run in with the law, that lead to the sale of my 86, I have an update.

I went to a motion hearing on October 22, in which the judge presiding over my case was to determine if there was any wrong doing on the behalf of the officers who arrested me. I got a call from my lawyer today, regarding the judges decision.

She determined the following;
1) That the officers of the Kennesaw City Police Department did not have probable cause to stop the vehicle I was in. Without probable cause, the entire chain of events leading to my arrest should not have happened. This will be a key factor in potentially having the whole case dismissed.

2) That because I was not read my rights, nor officially arrested before I was detained, and questioned in the back of the police car, the officers of the Kennesaw City Police Department did in fact violate my 5th Amendment right, after detaining me illegally. I called this when it happened, I even sat next to the judge in the court room, and watched the part of the video where I asked the officer after incriminating myself, "Is this the part where you read me my rights?" to which he replied "No."

3) Since the only evidence the Kennesaw City Police Department had linking me to the alleged crimes, was given to them by me, after being detained illegally, and not read my rights, none of my testimony, nor the officers video evidence of me during my arrest will be allowed in court. Nothing I said, can or will be used against me in the court of law.

Three big strikes against the boys in blue, because they couldn't play by their own rules.

"I've got information man! New shit has come to light!" - The Dude

So now, being that the prosecutors have absolutely no evidence to go on, I think there is a very real chance that a good portion of, if not all of these charges will be dropped, and I will be able to move on with my life. Although I'm not totally in the clear yet, and still have another court date in the future. It feels very good for the first time in my life, to have the law on my side. Ho ho.

Me86Rob
10-29-2008, 10:53 PM
omg you are another nissantun3r
JK man. now lets get you back into a hachi!

DrivenMind
10-29-2008, 10:59 PM
I actually think I want to avoid anything fun this go around. I want something unnaturally slow, very reliable, that's easy to work on, with plenty of room for guitar gear.

uproot
10-29-2008, 11:01 PM
That is great news man, glad to hear it.

I really hope everything works in your favor so you can get on with the damn thing!

Best of luck to ya dude :goodjob:

DrivenMind
10-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Thank you sir.

I will be sleeping tonight better than I have all week.

SiRed94
10-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Yes, fucking the law with the law is always fun.

flak_monkey
10-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Congrats! Get yourself a caprice wagon or something. Still a bit of pickup, okay mileage on the highway, lots of room for crap.

DrivenMind
10-29-2008, 11:30 PM
It feels nice to get them with their own rules. Especially when they try to stick you with a pair of felonies for a victim less crime, and ignore any evidence that would suggest you were innocent.

BABY J
10-29-2008, 11:39 PM
"I've got information man! New shit has come to light!" - The Dude

NO1 FUCKS W/ THE JESUS

http://www.werner.com.ar/uploaded_images/jesus_quintana-758448.jpg

DrivenMind
10-29-2008, 11:44 PM
"What's a pederass?"

http://usera.imagecave.com/ClaytonJ/the_big_lebowski_jesus1.jpg

Me86Rob
10-30-2008, 12:10 AM
I actually think I want to avoid anything fun this go around. I want something unnaturally slow, very reliable, that's easy to work on, with plenty of room for guitar gear.

lol at that point i was like "well damn he is desrcibing a corolla" but then you said reliable and easy to work on HAHA. hey man how is harrisons?

DrivenMind
10-30-2008, 12:35 AM
So far as I know it's running pretty good. He's still tinkering with the carbs, and getting the tuning right, but when I rode with him down to Fayetteville a two weeks ago it was running good, and pulling strong.

Me86Rob
10-30-2008, 12:37 AM
So far as I know it's running pretty good. He's still tinkering with the carbs, and getting the tuning right, but when I rode with him down to Fayetteville a two weeks ago it was running good, and pulling strong.

think he would be interested in a trade for my Z car? hes never on facebook so i have no way of getting intouch with him. ill trade for the CRESSY too actually. id give him my Z for it. or the supra even. just something toyota. i feel like a traitor

DrivenMind
10-30-2008, 12:59 AM
Unlikely. Harry's a die hard devotee to the Yota. The Supra might be up for grabs, but I think he's putting his 2J in the Cressida.

FasTech
10-30-2008, 01:13 AM
That's cool man, glad things are going good for you with all of this!

Blitanicle99
10-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Unlikely. Harry's a die hard devotee to the Yota. The Supra might be up for grabs, but I think he's putting his 2J in the Cressida.

First off. I just bought an FC and finally have something to tinker with again. You guys down for some mountain runs sometime?

Second. Harrison's doing what to the cressida? I have only seen pictures. I want to see this bad boy.

Third. This wouldn't happen to be a cannibus related arrest? (You don't have to answer that if you don't wish to post that.)

DrivenMind
10-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Negative. I have a really stupid habit of telling the cops more than they need to know, because to some extent I always think being honest is better than lying.

I was run off the road in my neighborhood in the Corolla, by a limp dick non-driving simpleton in a lard assed SUV, who couldn't keep his car in his lane. I had gone to the bar about 5 hours earlier that day and had a about 3 beers, so they tried to stick me with hit and run when I ran to my house to get jumper cables, and then DUI on top of that. Then the piggys said that were was no other car, and I was justing making it up. Unfortunately in the video you can clearly hear whitenesses saying they saw the other driver turn around and apologize.

This of course is aside from the other list of charges they stuck me with for driving the Corolla with an expired tag, and improper equipment to name a few.

alpine_aw11
10-30-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm dealing with a situation that's pretty similar to yours actually. It feels amazing to get out of it, congratulations.

Ran
10-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Congrats on the good news. Now to wait for the day you get to throw it all in their faces.

ScrapMetalDSM
10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
And that is what the Constitution was made for :)

DrivenMind
10-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Amen. I'm defiantly going to exercise extreme caution should I ever speak to any police again. They just don't need or deserve to know anything.

alpine_aw11
10-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Amen. I'm defiantly going to exercise extreme caution should I ever speak to any police again. They just don't need or deserve to know anything.

I know exactly what you're saying, but it definitely depends on the cop. I've gotten out of trouble a few times by being honest. Just don't tell them anything they didn't ask to know, that's the key. Then there are the dickhole cops that you shouldn't say a word to.

DrivenMind
10-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I've met a few nice ones, but they are few and far between.

DrivenMind
11-03-2008, 03:53 PM
This just in. It's not for sure yet, but the DA said they're going to have to dismiss all charges against me.

Revmaynard
11-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Fucking boss! Congrats on all the news I just caught up on. Court had to throw some bs shit out they tried to ticket me for as well. Fuck the system! Haha.

DrivenMind
11-03-2008, 09:05 PM
This is the quote I was gonna send along with the reps Rev.

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep." -HST

uproot
11-03-2008, 09:11 PM
awesome!

Leadfoot_mf
11-03-2008, 10:35 PM
This is the quote I was gonna send along with the reps Rev.

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep." -HST

too bad he ate a shotgun

DrivenMind
11-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I think it was a .45 actually...

Leadfoot_mf
11-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I think it was a .45 actually...
i think you are right i just remember he ate a bullit sad. i really liked his writing. falilv is one of my all time favorite movies.

oh and glad to hear about your case. good luck.

DrivenMind
11-03-2008, 10:56 PM
thank you sir.