PDA

View Full Version : Misc school griffen tech

Nateds16
10-29-2008, 01:14 PM
im thinking of starting griffen tech for the auto program i love working on cars ive done it for the longest time my dad works on cars aswell he just doesnt want me to go to a school where the teacher has never done it out side of a class room has anyone done the auto program there and how was it

pm me if you want to tell me a little more about it thanks people of IA

carbon_crash
10-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Just do a little research about the schools history and its creditations. Automotive teachers should be ASE certifit for a start. Never been to this school, but sounds like your one a good path. Just make sure their certifications will mean something when you graduate. Good luck man

Nateds16
10-29-2008, 02:33 PM
thanks man

Just do a little research about the schools history and its creditations. Automotive teachers should be ASE certifit for a start. Never been to this school, but sounds like your one a good path. Just make sure their certifications will mean something when you graduate. Good luck man

Nateds16
10-29-2008, 02:35 PM
i would rep you just dont know how no one has told me lol if someone could rep carbon_crash for me

Homer Simpson
10-29-2008, 02:49 PM
i currently go to griffin for automotive tech. Its a really nice program with really cool teachers. I don't know what else to say...

As far as the instructors, Mr. MrCraw, he's ben a GM tech for like 20 years. Mr. Owens, well he wrote a freakin' automotive tech textbook for us, and Mrs. Maddox, she's a ASE certified tech as well. She knows her thing for a lady and isn't afraid to get dirty.

the day program start at 745am and it sucks. We're suppose to get out at 2 but the latest we've stayed is 12pm.

You'll enjoy it, everyone else does.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

OneSlow5pt0
10-29-2008, 04:06 PM
yea,i know of at least 2 my friends/IA people that go to Griffin tech.....seems to be a alright school,and im planning on goign there next year

speed_ga
10-29-2008, 04:48 PM
They do a good job with body work. My girlfriends car was in two minor wrecks and they fixed up her car like new and did a great job. I go there for Orthopedics...so I am not sure about the auto instructors but I haven't heard anything bad...so thats a good sign..

Good luck!

Motivation
10-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Griffin Tech definately has a good auto program. I can tell you that through personal experience. Well worth it, great teachers also.

CB7tuner
10-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Yep its a good school I go there for Auto Body Collision and Refinishing.

GSRtegŪ
10-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Griffin Tech definately has a good auto program. I can tell you that through personal experience. Well worth it, great teachers also.

This man knows... laid back atmoshpeher and great teachers.

Motivation
10-29-2008, 09:54 PM
But first, before you decide to go to Griffin Tech... Learn that it is spelled Griffin, not Griffen. lol

southside
10-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Yea I have heard alot of good stuff about griffin tech...And I have personally visited the campus several times....My teacher knows the instructors and he has nothing but good things to say about their program.