PDA

View Full Version : gas on spark plug.

camal
10-28-2008, 02:06 PM
I didnt drive the car in two days, so before i went to class i decide to put my 8.5 wires in. Started the car and it was running on 3cyls. So I thought ohwell the wires are bad. I put the old ones back in (which worked just fine) and it did it again. checked the plugs and on the 2nd one there was gas on it. The valve cover gasket and o-ring seals are fine. Its an obd0 b16, if anybody knows anything plz help a brotha out. Cause i have no clue:???:
thanks

boosted b
10-28-2008, 02:12 PM
check the injectors could be stuck open

mr.koupe
10-28-2008, 02:14 PM
did you check all of the spark plugs ? make sure you have your firing order correct on the distributor, you could have crossed them changing the wires...

camal
10-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks guys. Anybody else?:thinking:

Elbow
10-29-2008, 09:43 AM
DON'T START IT BACK UP SPARK WILL MAKE CAR EXPLODE

savincent
10-29-2008, 10:04 AM
DON'T START IT BACK UP SPARK WILL MAKE CAR EXPLODE

If you're joking.. You're an asshole. :lmfao:

gsrteg
10-29-2008, 11:07 AM
use volt meter, and test each spark plug wire...make sure each are meet the correct ohm readings as well....then check the distributor cap, distributor rotor, and the ignition coil (use volt meter)...make sure you have a helms manual or factory manual (helps the process quicker)

Atlblkz06
10-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Be careful when poking around with a voltmeter - cheap ones can make your airbags go off if you poke the wrong areas!

(Only applies to ECU related stuff, not spark plug wires)

camal
10-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Lets keep it rolling. So Im guessing it could be a lot of things b/c Ive been asking around and everyone has said something diff. This sucks:cry:

camal
11-01-2008, 05:33 PM
no one else?

Cool Cat Racing
11-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Everyone is saying something different because you really haven't given any information. If it was running fine and now that you changed the plug wires and its not running on one cylinder even with the old wires then you need to check the terminal on the cap and also make sure the old plug end didn't get stuck on the plug when you pulled the wire off. I doubt the wires are to blame since the old ones don't work either. Its either something you did or there is a problem with the #2 terminal on the cap or the plug end like I mentioned before.

ATLGt
11-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Before anything, change that plug to another cyclinder to see if it is just the plug. If you replaced the wires due to wear, you should change the plugs too. Here is a fun way to check if it you are not getting spark. Start the car and pull the wire to the cyclinder that is giving you problems. If you are getting spark, you will feel it by a small shock going through your hand. If you have another person, you can remove the fuel pump fuse, remove that one plug, hold it and have them crank the engine a few times. You will feel it if you have spark. No shock = no spark.

camal
11-02-2008, 10:29 PM
What more do you need to know, what I had for breakfast? Anyway what I typed is what happened.:rant:

camal
11-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Before anything, change that plug to another cyclinder to see if it is just the plug. If you replaced the wires due to wear, you should change the plugs too. Here is a fun way to check if it you are not getting spark. Start the car and pull the wire to the cyclinder that is giving you problems. If you are getting spark, you will feel it by a small shock going through your hand. If you have another person, you can remove the fuel pump fuse, remove that one plug, hold it and have them crank the engine a few times. You will feel it if you have spark. No shock = no spark.

I didnt replace b/c the wires were bad i just wanted the 8.5s in. Yeah,:no: I dont think I want to try the whole shocking thing.

chip P.
11-02-2008, 10:44 PM
if u had no spark on a cyl. then tht gas wont burn..so u get a wet plug....are u sure u have the right wires going from the dizzy to the right cylinders?..

camal
11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I took the wires out one at a time.

chip P.
11-03-2008, 04:21 PM
but do u have them goin to the right places? it helps. does the car shake or nething when u turn it on? maybe chek the dizzy cap..the contact points in side it

camal
11-03-2008, 04:36 PM
but do u have them goin to the right places? it helps. does the car shake or nething when u turn it on? maybe chek the dizzy cap..the contact points in side it
Yeah it does, it used to do it off and on even b/f I went to change the wires.Should I get a new cap and rotor?

chip P.
11-03-2008, 04:39 PM
usually when the car shakes..u might smell gas while the its running(under the hood) it means tht some wires arent goin to the right cylinder and so the gas thts gettin there isnt being burnd, cuz the sparks not igniting when it should.

chip P.
11-03-2008, 05:08 PM
i dunno about yours..but on my integra, its set up like this.
if youre standing in front of the car. from left to right the cylinder order is 4,3,2,1...soo..shortest wire to #4..longest to #1

camal
11-03-2008, 10:30 PM
usually when the car shakes..u might smell gas while the its running(under the hood) it means tht some wires arent goin to the right cylinder and so the gas thts gettin there isnt being burnd, cuz the sparks not igniting when it should.
That shit makes so much sense. Been like that since I had the car. Will check 2morrow, and I'll tell you what happened. Thanks homie.

chip P.
11-03-2008, 10:42 PM
no problem man. reps for u and i hope it wrks out. hope u could understand tht pic lol.. i made it in paint :bump:
That shit makes so much sense. Been like that since I had the car. Will check 2morrow, and I'll tell you what happened. Thanks homie.

camal
11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
:bump: I GOT IT RUNNING!!!:bump: So I took it down the highway. Im doing like 53mph and a cop on the other side hits his brakes like he wants to turn around. I get on the off ramp and this fucker is on my ass!! He follows me to the stop sign, then turns off. Some cop are:gay: . But anyway, Thanks for the help hommie!

chip P.
11-05-2008, 01:15 PM
sweeet man. running better i hope?..
I got running

camal
11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
sweeet man. running better i hope?..
Didnt get to find out really; if you know what i mean. But sure as hell feels better.

chip P.
11-05-2008, 01:22 PM
i dont think i do..well thts good..glad i could help

chip P.
11-05-2008, 01:24 PM
ohhh.. i see lol. i missed the post about u and the cop

camal
11-05-2008, 01:25 PM
i dont think i do..well thts good..glad i could help
I didnt get to flat foot it, thats what i meant.

chip P.
11-05-2008, 01:30 PM
yea i noticed tht post with th cop too late lol

camal
11-05-2008, 01:36 PM
LOL