PDA

View Full Version : Falling asleep at the wheel (Bad)

Kevykev
09-07-2005, 11:23 AM
My brother was informed of an accident involving a good friend/business partner of his which i am also good friends with.

Him, his girl, their two kids and his brother.

How it happend:

Driving back form NC late labor day.

He asked his brother if he wanted him to take over the wheel; his brother's reply: "No i'm Good."

Well apparently he wasn't good because he fell asleep at the wheel and now several people are in Intensive care! :mad:

He drove his wrecker up to NC and Brings this back to my house so i could take pics of it!

PSINXS
09-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Damn i hope everyone is gonna be ok and i am sorry that happened. I almost fell asleep a few times myself. scary feeling.

kilpatty43
09-07-2005, 11:26 AM
at least they all made it out relatively ok

B16a2 Civic
09-07-2005, 11:29 AM
man...that so sucks Kev..

Bishop
09-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Well apparently he wasn't good because he fell asleep at the wheel and now several people are in Intensive care!

at least they all made it out relatively ok

Made it out relatively ok? Intensive care is not realtively ok at all.

Sorry to hear that kev. I hope they get better soon.

Kevykev
09-07-2005, 11:34 AM
She probably was referring to the relativity of Death maybe!

which could've been possible considering 3 people were thrown from the truck!

Thanks yall, this shit is really upsetting to me.

BTEC
09-07-2005, 11:34 AM
i know the feeling. im a dumbass though. trying to hangout late and wrking like 16hr ive hit curbs and all kinda stuff faling asleep. it dnt get ne better either. once u are able to fall asleep while driving ur car it only gets easier. im lucky to belive bc ive had sooo many close calls. my cousins husband is criple bc he felasleep while driving and drove off a bridge into a ditch with his brother in the car. the went head on into a tree at the bottom of the ditch. sucks

The Golden Child
09-07-2005, 11:48 AM
daym sry 2 hear such things ..
wish them luck on recovering ..

WTF..kebe
09-07-2005, 11:51 AM
dang kev, thats sad to see....hope everyone gets well....

Cliff
09-07-2005, 01:14 PM
dang kev hope all is well...

CMO
09-07-2005, 01:48 PM
driving while sleepy is worse that driving while drunk. Cause when your sleepy you really think that your awake. I drove off a 30 foot bank when I went to sleep while driving.

speedminded
09-07-2005, 04:37 PM
ughh, hope everyone makes it ok.

several years ago in my Z32 i woke up to the tailgate of a truck that was parked on the side of the road...going about 55mph and barely got one of the tires off the road before unconciously going into the turn lane the truck was parked in...one second later and I would have missed the slight bump and not woken up. Swerved left, corrected right, and held it sideways with the wheel at 9 to 10 o'clock slowly bring it back straight....didn't brake and held a steady throttle never getting under 45mph until i pulled over.

The bad part was there was a cop sitting on the right side of the truck the whole time, with everyone standing out in front of the vehicles....The officer drove down and the first thing i said when i got out was, "did you see that dog?" ....the officer was like "naw, is your car ok..."isn't hurt is it?!" as he walks around it...my thought was..."i just about took out two vehicles and 3 or 4 people and he's asking if my car's ok?!"...he said the truck had hit a deer and he was standing with them writing up the report when he heard my tires....didn't hit anything, didn't ever get off the asphalt, and wasn't near any signs but somehow my antenna broke off. The rubber from the perfect drift left then right stayed on the asphalt for weeks. grr, i sure miss rwd.

Scrappy
09-07-2005, 05:00 PM
kev, homie i am sorry to see this :( hope all of them recover in remarkable time and not fear being in a vehicle :(

5thgcelica
09-07-2005, 08:58 PM
man im so sorry. i hope everyone heals as quickly as possible

Kevykev
09-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the thoughts everyone!

Everyone is out of the hospital and recovering slowly.

I went to visit my friend the other day and he's a little bruised up on the outside but he had 4 broken ribs fractures and breaks in both arms. Glass was "all up in" his eyes so his eyes are completely blood red. < Crazy to see.

His baby daughter is in a cast, His wife had a heart attack from the trauma, list goes on and on.

There is nothing like Health to be thankful for!