PDA

View Full Version : i want a lower car

SwiftGTiRacer
09-07-2005, 11:18 AM
My car has H&R sport springs and handles great. Problem is that i want it to sit about 1" lower. How can do this without replacing the springs and if possible, keeping the good handeling?

Swifty

HyPer50
09-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Without replacing the springs? umm.... take the isolators out, cut the springs, run on flat tires? = P

Bishop
09-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Yeah, you need different springs....i have eibach sportline springs and koni sport shocks....and damn....that shit is low....i'll take pics, brb...

BTEC
09-07-2005, 11:51 AM
i got bored and cut like 1/4 coil out of my sprint springs. still rides good but it definitley lowererd it like another 1/2 inch or so. sit perfect, except for the way i did my exhaust it hit the ground alot it i dnt avoid certain bumps and dips. let me take a pic of that sheet!!!

BTEC
09-07-2005, 12:27 PM
heres my garbadge can. hope u can see it (camera phone pic)

SwiftGTiRacer
09-07-2005, 12:29 PM
i've never really cut springs before. i heard it was horrible to do. i don't want the car any lower than 1". i would love some good quality coilovers but they just don't make them for my car.

Swifty

BTEC
09-07-2005, 12:35 PM
if u cut factory spring the ride sucks bc u have to cut so much out of them to get it to sit right and there is so much slop in the spring. i already have lowering springs and i cut very little out of the top bc i was scarde it was gonna ride like crap but i got lucky and it sits perfect now. wanna see a pic of how the car sits? i like the pic phone and uploading pics. lol!!

Bishop
09-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Yeah, you need different springs....i have eibach sportline springs and koni sport shocks....and damn....that shit is low....i'll take pics, brb...
Cant find my bros camera....ill try to get some later....but he just got some sportline springs we're going to install soon....

b18hb
09-07-2005, 02:13 PM
why do you want to be lower? curious.

Jon00
09-07-2005, 02:16 PM
why do u even want a car that low for? what do it do for u ? but cost u more $$$$

Eli
09-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Swift- which car???

If its the 7thgen- my civic was lowered around 2" (maybe 2.25") riding on Tein SS and it rode amazing, better than factory and corned wonderfully. On the B&G S3 full coilovers I was lowered about 3.5", rode like shit, but what do you expect from a car lowered that much, heard they rode nice if you were lowered 2" or so though.

Lemme know, I can probably hook you up with a good deal on 7thgen stuff still..

SwiftGTiRacer
09-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Thanks Eli, but i'm done with the 7th Gen. I just want it sold and out of my way. Car gets on my nerves! Besides, it has adjustable Tenzo R's. I'm talking about the Swift. I want the Swift lower just for that better looking stance. Its not a daily driver or anything so i don't have to worry about it to much. I added a pic so u get an idea of how high it is off the ground. The back isn't bad for some reason. No wheel gap and looks good. But the front sits higher. Not to sure why.

Swifty

Eli
09-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Thats what I figured man, but just in case you were talking about the civic, thought id give my experience, but i think most everyone has gotten aggrevated with their 7thgens to the point of selling them, Im glad mine sold so easily.

Cliff
09-08-2005, 10:34 PM
the swift appears to be sitting pretty good man...i wouldn't mess with it if i were you...but hey it's your ride

neontuner95
09-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Dude Im looking at the pics and it seems if you lower it any more you wont be able to turn your front wheels, to me the car looks good the way it is judging by the pics, do you have any pics showing the sideview of the front.

Repost Squintz
09-08-2005, 11:16 PM
u sure they dont make coilovers for your ride?

SwiftGTiRacer
09-08-2005, 11:51 PM
i guess you guys are right about lowering the car. i don't have any good side pics or anything. this is about the only pic i have that will give a good idea. but i guess i'd kinda be waisting my time if i lower it any more. Yeah, i'm sure they don't make coilovers. I wish they did though...

Swifty

YokotaS13
09-09-2005, 12:00 AM
nice paintshop

SwiftGTiRacer
09-09-2005, 12:02 AM
nice paintshop

LOL, you like that don't ya!?! Thats my tight skillz.

Swifty

neontuner95
09-09-2005, 08:31 AM
What size rim and tires do you have on the swift?

SwiftGTiRacer
09-09-2005, 09:51 AM
16's... and what ever the lowest tire size is for a 16"

Swifty

HyPer50
09-09-2005, 03:10 PM
put a big block in it, that'll get rid of the fender gap = P

Greddypacked
09-09-2005, 06:29 PM
put a higher profile tire size and it should fill the gap.

b18hb
09-10-2005, 02:33 PM
don't mess with it at all, there's no shame in a little fender gap. it gives the suspension room to travel

neontuner95
09-11-2005, 12:29 AM
I was just wondering what all you got done to the swift?

neontuner95
09-11-2005, 12:29 AM
maybe you already posted it if so Ill check up on it

SwiftGTiRacer
09-11-2005, 08:40 AM
I was just wondering what all you got done to the swift?

Its kinda a long list. But if u still want to know i'll just post it up on this thread.

Swifty

neontuner95
09-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Just post a couple of things cause I was wondering if you had done a custom intake and stuff like that. little things like that I didnt realize you had a whole long list.

neontuner95
09-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Cause of the car being rare in the import world first one Ive seen

SwiftGTiRacer
09-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the intrest man. not to many people realize the car is actually concidered rare in the US. i'll just post my list of mods so you get an idea. Just easier to copy & paste. As far as custom work, there is a few custom parts in the car. But i mainly have to order stuff from Canada, Australlia, and the UK.

Exterior:
-Full 7 piece SSV type 1 body kit
-BMW/M3 style side mirros
-Clear headlights & corners
-2002 European spec Tail light conversion
-Shaved side skirts, side molding, windshield washers, badges, & intenna
-Complete re-spray in 2002 Honda Ralley Red

Interior:
-TS White face dials
-Razo Carbon fiber pedals, e-brake handle, & shift knob
-2 front Recaro style red bucket seats
-2 Sparco 4 way racing harness's
-Isotta Strata leather steering wheel - 350mm
-Custom aluminum sidesills
(soon to have fully stripped interior. No back seats, panels, or carpet)

I.C.E:
-Panasonic 7" fully motorized wide screen in-dash DVD/CD player
-4" Sony XS speakers in the front dash
-4" Sony XS speakers in front doors
(rest of the sound system is being taken out)
-Autometer oil pressure, EGT, Volt, Air Fuel, boost gauges
-Apexi RSM GP Ver II

Performance/Engine:
-Stage 2 camshafts
-TS adjustable cam gears
-2" exhaust piping w/bored mufler
-Turbine Tech down pipe
-JDM intake manifold
-TS lightwieght underdrive pulley
-Custom stiffer engine mounts
-JAZ oil catchcan
-Custom red anodized billet throttle body w/.25" integrated spacer
-Exedy Clutch
-Turbine Tech ceramic coated turbo manifold
-KKK K28 turbo
-Custom ceramic coated intercooler piping
-Spearco FMI
-HKS SSQ BOV
-Eldebroke custom fitted fuel rail
-Universal FPR w/built in gage
-440cc DSM injectors & fuel pump
-Apexi Super SAFC VER II
-Apexi Turbo Timer
-Turbine Tech coated block (sleeved, etc.) w/low compression pistons (9.2.1 ratio)
-Custom Oil cooler
-Turbine Tech fuel filter relocator
-SuziSport valve cover

Suspension & Brake System:
-Polished upper front strut bar
-JR lower Front strut bar
-TS polished upper rear strut bar
-TS 19mm rear sway bar w/urethane bushings
-H&R sport springs
-16x7 5zigen Inperio S-08 rims w/Kumho Ecsta 712's (205/40/zr16)
-KYB GR-2 gas shocks
-Front camber kit
-TS polyurethane bushings at all pivot points
-Bremsport 12 slot front rotors
-Goodridge Stainless steel brake lines
-SuziSport brake pads

I think that list names it all.
Swifty

neontuner95
09-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Damn boy slow down you got a turbo in there; man thats hot. You worked yo azz off on this one