PDA

View Full Version : Misc Laser Vision

TypeRPersonality
10-27-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm thinking about getting laser vision correction in the near future. Anyone want to shed some insight about what they know. Looking for doctor recommendations. Also, if you don't mind sharing about how much you paid.

Julio
10-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Easy stuff.. I payed $2700... both eyes
I went to lasik plus in duluth... I went 2 times to get checked out and make sure I was a candidate..

They set a date.. Went in, had another person with me, they have to drive you home...

I go in, they sat me in a room.. get me ready.. they give me a little plastic hat, put on before I enter the operation room...

I layed on the bed, they had this thing where I laid my head and it will hold it steady..

They explain whats going to happen... They asked me If I was ready, I said yes... Procedure starts...[covering one the start pointing a red line to the 1st eye and putting drops in that one eye .. the red lights starts cutting open, They tell me not to worry about the burning smell and that Im going to go blind for 2 seconds.. ( When they said that , I didnt see nothing, Like there was nothing there)..they did whatever it is they do, then here comes red light again.. BAM.. one eye done.. they do the same with the next one.. They were done with both eyes in 24 seconds.
I come out of there.. All I see is blurry.. Thats normal.. is like you are under water and open your eyes... They give me some shades and some sleeping protection for the eyes and shower, drops to use for a few weeks... and what to do for the first 3 month. They told me I "may" see hallows (sc) or maybe get some headaches for the 1st week due to the light and strain I may put on the eyes..
They told me to go home, take a nap.. once I woke up my vision should be about 75%..

Dude, I woke up.. and bam.. I was like this was great.. (3 hour nap) .. Later that night, I went to the Sonic meet.. that was last november.. Never had any issues.

I can say up until this date.. best money I ever spent.

Good luck.

quickdodgeŽ
10-27-2008, 08:49 PM
You had that done recently, didn't you, Julio? Seems like I remember you used to wear glasses. Later, QD.

Julio
10-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Nov of last year.. I wore contacts for about 10 years.. I got tired of that.. then the glasses for about a year.. I gave up.. lol

quickdodgeŽ
10-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Nov of last year.. I wore contacts for about 10 years.. I got tired of that.. then the glasses for about a year.. I gave up.. lol

I remember your glasses now. You had them at the Racetrak on Marietta, right? I remember you looking so "distinguished," lolol. Later, QD.

TypeRPersonality
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the input Julio. I've heard nothing but good things about laser vision. Guess I'll focus on saving up for now.

ruah_23
10-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Remember just have ur shade handy all the time.U can't see shit if it's bright outside that's for my case.

TypeRPersonality
10-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Remember just have ur shade handy all the time.U can't see shit if it's bright outside that's for my case.

Good advice, thanks.

Ran
10-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Don't you have to follow up on these kinds of things every so often? I heard that it's not as permaenent and they make you think.

TypeRPersonality
10-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Don't you have to follow up on these kinds of things every so often? I heard that it's not as permaenent and they make you think.

I don't believe it's a periodic revisit. From my understanding, the first procedure isn't always perfect and you might need a follow up. But they also offer lifetime warranty.

The Youngn
10-28-2008, 11:02 AM
I don't believe it's a periodic revisit. From my understanding, the first procedure isn't always perfect and you might need a follow up. But they also offer lifetime warranty.
I've had mine for 2 years and i love it. The lifetime warranty for mine was an extra $200 per eye and i went to LasikPlus in buckhead. Great place....great people...great everything.

Ran
10-28-2008, 03:21 PM
I've had mine for 2 years and i love it. The lifetime warranty for mine was an extra $200 per eye and i went to LasikPlus in buckhead. Great place....great people...great everything.What was your total cost? I have glasses now but hate contacts. This has been a serious consideration of mine for a while.

Julio
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Make sure you get warranty.. ( kinda funny, warranty on your eyes) lol..

Brett has had them done for about 10 years or more.. he can also chime in.

I know people who had them done for years..

Z33_kid
10-28-2008, 08:29 PM
dang thats what i need im tired of wearing my glasses

The Youngn
10-29-2008, 12:40 AM
What was your total cost? I have glasses now but hate contacts. This has been a serious consideration of mine for a while.
Well....mine with the warranty was a cost of $1600 per eye. They also gave me $300 off since i got it done the first time i walked in and i was approved for $2700 of credit with no interest for 18 months. So in total i paid that day was $200:D but $2900 total. Completely worth it though.

The second you leave the place....you can already see that your vision is a lot better but its real blurry and you feel like you have a piece of dirt or something in your eyes. I went home and took a nap for 3-4 hours and woke up with my eyes feeling fine. No more "piece of dirt"....just dry with hazing around lights. Drove with no problems

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
10-29-2008, 01:27 AM
im also interested in gettin lasik done..

So the recover time is basically a few hours in order to be able to drive again?

I know that the eye has the ability to heal that cut from the laser to your eye in a matter of 15mins.

I want to get it done soon but I don't want to miss alot of days out of work. Thanks for any info

The Youngn
10-29-2008, 02:16 AM
I didn't drive that night but i drove the next day. You're eyes will be dry but keep drops with you and you'll be fine. Just if you get it....do home and take a nap afterwards and all is uphill from there

TypeRPersonality
10-29-2008, 06:32 PM
im also interested in gettin lasik done..

So the recover time is basically a few hours in order to be able to drive again?

I know that the eye has the ability to heal that cut from the laser to your eye in a matter of 15mins.

I want to get it done soon but I don't want to miss alot of days out of work. Thanks for any info

The website www.lasikplus.com (http://www.lasikplus.com) has guidelines of what you should and shouldn't do after the procedure. I believe I read that most people were able to drive to work the next day.

ruah_23
10-30-2008, 08:54 PM
again guys these side effects depend on every invidual and what do you have.Not every eyes are the same so go make an appoinment.It's free anyway

Turbo04
10-31-2008, 01:37 AM
My mother had it done a few years back, she saw better for about 2 days, then it was back to the way it was. She got their "waranty" thing, they kept her money and told her not everyone's eyes it worked on. Neglected to let her know that before she paid...lawyer is still working on it. I'll never have it done based on that.

TypeRPersonality
10-31-2008, 09:35 AM
My mother had it done a few years back, she saw better for about 2 days, then it was back to the way it was. She got their "waranty" thing, they kept her money and told her not everyone's eyes it worked on. Neglected to let her know that before she paid...lawyer is still working on it. I'll never have it done based on that.

Which place did she go to?

Turbo04
10-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Which place did she go to?

I'll have to ask her, I can't remember

Julio
10-31-2008, 07:11 PM

Must a been a cheap place... Thats why you get tested 1st.. to see if you are a good candidate...

Mines are A ok :goodjob:

The Youngn
11-01-2008, 04:33 AM
^^ Mine as well

Crazy Asian
11-01-2008, 09:34 AM
you cant got to some cheapo place. Fawk I hate when people do that and then start complaining that lasik sucks and it's not worth it. YOU HAVE TO GO TO SOMEONE WHO HAS HAD MORE THEN 5 YEARS EXP. Not some guy who just grad. Duh, common sense anyone? $999 for lasik vision FAWK THAT!!!