PDA

View Full Version : Civic Del sol...Your opinion, potential? or rice?

jakerd4892
10-27-2008, 06:48 PM
open discussion

Mr Egg Rollllll
10-27-2008, 07:02 PM
POTENTIAL!!!!!! :)

Schugg
10-27-2008, 07:04 PM
no honda is rice until certain people make them that way

jakerd4892
10-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Just wondering, because i was offered a manual 93 civic del sol with an ls vtec in it for my auto 95 civic ex. I think if i do it i will drop a built b18c in it.

SixSquared
10-27-2008, 07:17 PM
I LOVED my Sols.. I owned about 10 of em lol. I had a b16a3 and b18c1 as my last two, and B series sols are a LOT of fun. My intention with my b18 car was to yank the GSR and swap in an H22, but I traded the car before that happened. Sols are fun as hell!

Schugg
10-27-2008, 07:18 PM
yeah i would be trading, even if it was stock, anything to get out of an auto. if you dont already have a build b18c, i would just keep the ls/vtec unless it was a bad build

osnap
10-27-2008, 07:21 PM
played out :ninja:

boosted b
10-27-2008, 07:22 PM
get the sol i bought one after my teg was stolen

jakerd4892
10-27-2008, 07:33 PM
yeah i would be trading, even if it was stock, anything to get out of an auto. if you dont already have a build b18c, i would just keep the ls/vtec unless it was a bad build

any way to tell if its a bad build?
and yeah, i'm ready to do about anything to get out of it, auto sucks if you wanna do a swap

Schugg
10-27-2008, 07:56 PM
really no, other than if it runs shitty or smokes. you would have had to build it yourself to know if its a good build. or atleast know how it was done

slimm
10-28-2008, 10:13 PM
major potential

jakerd4892
10-28-2008, 10:24 PM
thanks guys, but i think im sticking with my 95 civic and doing a manual conversion. its lighter

FasTech
10-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Just wondering, because i was offered a manual 93 civic del sol with an ls vtec in it for my auto 95 civic ex. I think if i do it i will drop a built b18c in it.

I find that very hard to believe! Either the Sol is fucked up or the guy is retarted. And to answer your question, any car has potential! Some may not think that way but some may like what others don't.

FasTech
10-28-2008, 10:47 PM
thanks guys, but i think im sticking with my 95 civic and doing a manual conversion. its lighter

Are you serious!? Why don't you just trade for the Sol? UNless you have swapped motor's in your car which I highly doubt considering its a automatic. You could trade for something that has a way better motor than your standard D15. Referring to my previous post, something either wrong with it, the guy is retarted, your retarted, or this whole thing is made up!

roscoe
10-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Are you serious!? Why don't you just trade for the Sol? UNless you have swapped motor's in your car which I highly doubt considering its a automatic. You could trade for something that has a way better motor than your standard D15. Referring to my previous post, something either wrong with it, the guy is retarted, your retarted, or this whole thing is made up!

x2.... swapped sol > auto civic

and a civic is lighter than a sol?

FasTech
10-28-2008, 11:12 PM
x2.... swapped sol > auto civic

and a civic is lighter than a sol?

No, I civic is not lighter than a Sol unless the civic is completely gutted and then I still don't think its lighter.

I think this whole thing is major BS though, nothing personal against the OP but this whole story just don't make any sense what so ever!

integ34
10-28-2008, 11:17 PM
^x2

roscoe
10-28-2008, 11:20 PM
No, I civic is not lighter than a Sol unless the civic is completely gutted and then I still don't think its lighter.

thats what i thought lol can we get some pics of the 2 suspect cars??? :goodjob:

K20Z1
10-29-2008, 01:05 AM
del slows are sexy!

Dirty Octopus™
10-29-2008, 06:55 AM

I think this whole thing is major BS though, nothing personal against the OP but this whole story just don't make any sense what so ever!

wrong. del sols are indeed heavier. :goodjob:

but.. is the OP serious about whether or not they have potential?! :thinking:

Me86Rob
10-29-2008, 09:37 AM
wrong. del sols are indeed heavier. :werd:

jakerd4892
10-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Yes, it's legit, He hasn't seen mine yet though in person, no bs, Plus im doing a swap anyways. civic with a k20a2 in it would be nasty

1SOL2NV
10-29-2008, 08:52 PM

I think this whole thing is major BS though, nothing personal against the OP but this whole story just don't make any sense what so ever! WRONG ... the del sol is heavier !!! heaviest civic made in the 93-97 .... :goodjob: to the OP ... Plz dont ever put civic in the same line as del sol .... in reality .. its not a civic ... neither is a CRX ...

SixSquared
10-30-2008, 12:07 AM
^^But a del Sol is a CRX... haha

Elbow
10-30-2008, 12:34 AM
A CRX is 2058383x better then a DelSlow

Me86Rob
10-30-2008, 12:35 AM
peach drank

Me86Rob
10-30-2008, 12:36 AM
A CRX is 2058383x better then a DelSlow

LOL @ a del sol being a CRX

eYezs1ck
10-30-2008, 08:28 AM
WRONG ... the del sol is heavier !!! heaviest civic made in the 93-97 .... :goodjob: to the OP ... Plz dont ever put civic in the same line as del sol .... in reality .. its not a civic ... neither is a CRX ...

agreed with del sol being heavier. but 93-97? your talking about 2 different chassis. its a civic del sol but other than the US its a del sol CRX or SiR. its pretty much anything you wanna call it

Dirty Octopus™
10-30-2008, 11:18 AM
WTF?

the del sol IS the successor to the CRX. and was badged

CR-X
del sol

and for certain years (before 96) the del sol in America WAS badged

Civic
del sol

Dirty Octopus™
10-30-2008, 11:19 AM
whats with all the name confusion? :thinking:

eYezs1ck
10-30-2008, 05:50 PM
WTF?

CR-X
del sol

Civic

del sol

good point. 96-97 cr-x del sol

cactusEG
10-30-2008, 05:53 PM
POTENTIAL!!!!!! :)

any car does, in the right hands...

SixSquared
10-31-2008, 02:47 AM
whats with all the name confusion? :thinking:

Becauuuuuuuuse....

In the US, Honda had a VERY good thing going with the Honda Civic. It was (and still pretty much is) their bread and butter car. Consequently, when they released the CRX to America, they named it the Civic CRX (you see quite a few of them badged as such). They did this so that the name association would instill a sense of confidence in the buyer... IE "It's a Civic! Civics are reliable! I will buy this new Civic!" Even though the CRX is a different "branch" of the Honda family tree. In Japan, the CRX was the CRX, the Civic/Ferio was the Civic/Ferio. No name confusion. In 1991, Honda released the 3rd generation of the CRX... the CRX del Sol. The car was released in 1992, coming over to America in 1993. Honda's nomenclature of the CRX as the Civic CRX had been successful, with people buying up the CRX based on its shared chassis with the EF Civics. Honda decided to try their luck for the second time with the del Sol, which was based off the EG chassis. So in Japan, you have it truly named as the CRX del Sol, indicating that it is the 3rd generation in the CRX branch. In the US, however, it was sold as the Civic del Sol, relying again on the popularity of the Civic. from 1993-1995 the car was marketed as the Civic del Sol. In 1996 and 1997, the last 2 years of US sales, the "Civic" was dropped from the badging, so that only "del Sol" appeared on the rear garnish.

And the chassis of the del Sol remained unchanged from 1993 to 1997. While the Civics had switched to a newer chassis (EK/EM I believe they're called, but I get a little fuzzy on Civic codes), the del Sol remained an EG, kind of like how the Integra was a DC from 94-01. To me, the fact that the Sol remained the same serves as proof that Honda thought of the del Sols as independent from the Civics.

Dirty Octopus™
11-03-2008, 07:16 AM
Becauuuuuuuuse....

In the US, Honda had a VERY good thing going with the Honda Civic. It was (and still pretty much is) their bread and butter car. Consequently, when they released the CRX to America, they named it the Civic CRX (you see quite a few of them badged as such). They did this so that the name association would instill a sense of confidence in the buyer... IE "It's a Civic! Civics are reliable! I will buy this new Civic!" Even though the CRX is a different "branch" of the Honda family tree. In Japan, the CRX was the CRX, the Civic/Ferio was the Civic/Ferio. No name confusion. In 1991, Honda released the 3rd generation of the CRX... the CRX del Sol. The car was released in 1992, coming over to America in 1993. Honda's nomenclature of the CRX as the Civic CRX had been successful, with people buying up the CRX based on its shared chassis with the EF Civics. Honda decided to try their luck for the second time with the del Sol, which was based off the EG chassis. So in Japan, you have it truly named as the CRX del Sol, indicating that it is the 3rd generation in the CRX branch. In the US, however, it was sold as the Civic del Sol, relying again on the popularity of the Civic. from 1993-1995 the car was marketed as the Civic del Sol. In 1996 and 1997, the last 2 years of US sales, the "Civic" was dropped from the badging, so that only "del Sol" appeared on the rear garnish.

And the chassis of the del Sol remained unchanged from 1993 to 1997. While the Civics had switched to a newer chassis (EK/EM I believe they're called, but I get a little fuzzy on Civic codes), the del Sol remained an EG, kind of like how the Integra was a DC from 94-01. To me, the fact that the Sol remained the same serves as proof that Honda thought of the del Sols as independent from the Civics.

Ummm.... Em?.... :thinking: thats what i said. :o

but in 50 words or less.....

WTF?

CR-X
del sol

Civic
del sol

Dont hit me! http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j261/Knonimous/GIFs/canttakeit.gif

Thanks for the history lesson nonetheless though! :kiss: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j261/Knonimous/GIFs/okay.gif