PDA

View Full Version : crx brake upgrade question

phuoc_dat
10-27-2008, 03:55 PM
I need to know if a brake setup from an integra will fit a crx directly or not. Does anyone with a crx know this for sure? Thanks in advance

KevinT707
10-27-2008, 04:42 PM
1st try to bleed the brakes properly, then if that doesn't work get another master cylinder (91 Civic EX is best). Check for leaks too.

If you want to swap brake components: for the rear keep EF control arm, trailing arm is same on DA/DC and find rear discs from a DA. For the front use DA front knuckles and brakes, & since your CRX is not an Si I believe the axles won't go into the DA knuckles either (not 100% sure about that).

green91
10-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Depends on the car.

VickNotic
10-27-2008, 09:06 PM
1st try to bleed the brakes properly, then if that doesn't work get another master cylinder (91 Civic EX is best). Check for leaks too.

If you want to swap brake components: for the rear keep EF control arm, trailing arm is same on DA/DC and find rear discs from a DA. For the front use DA front knuckles and brakes, & since your CRX is not an Si I believe the axles won't go into the DA knuckles either (not 100% sure about that).

how would you know, you didn't do the conversion yet :thinking: assuming you thinking of doing it yourself aintcha partna,

FULL disc brakes FTW

by the way your sig is whackkk :tongue1:

phuoc_dat
10-27-2008, 11:04 PM
can i get someone that has already done the conversion. need some insight

mitch lab
10-28-2008, 07:45 AM
It will fit if your using 90-93 integra. The front tires will stick out if you use the front hub. For the rear make sure you get the e brake cable, and brake line other than that it bolts up. Change out your master cylinder from 90-91 honda civic ex model.

green91
10-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Woah there thats not good information lol. If his CRX is a Si or DX, he can use the full DA front knuckles no prob (just get an alignment). I recommend to swap the rear disc onto his stock trailing arms, DA trailing arms cause the rear wheels to move outward approx 1/2". Ive done several of these conversions!

mitch lab
10-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Dude i done these too. I just got done with a customer crx hf with da rear disc conversion, he has no problem with it. Been in the game for awhile. These day there is alot of people that know alot of info but don't have the experience doing the work.

phuoc_dat
10-28-2008, 08:44 AM
so DC integra front and rear wont work on a crx dx? Only DA brakes work?

green91
10-28-2008, 09:16 AM
You are claiming that the front tires will stick out with DA hubs. That's simply not true. The DA rear trailing arms most certainly DO change the rear wheel geometry. If you'd like to compare experience and credentials, that's fine too. Ive got more than my reputation on here. I have personally had to roll fenders after installing rear DA trailing arms and also have alignment measurements from a Laser Hunter alignment rack that indicate they changed the width of the rear wheel base.

mitch lab
10-28-2008, 09:25 AM
i'm claiming the tires, if i didn't make myself clear than sorry. ok i'm not gonna sit here and argue.

green91
10-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Da knuckles/hubs dont change the wheel positions though aside from a slight caster/camber change. they dont really affect the width of the front wheelbase.

phuoc_dat
10-28-2008, 09:55 AM
can you answer this "so DC integra front and rear wont work on a crx dx? Only DA brakes work?"

KevinT707
10-28-2008, 03:28 PM
can you answer this "so DC integra front and rear wont work on a crx dx? Only DA brakes work?"
But why if you know that DA brakes will bolt-up just fine, it's been tried many times.

phuoc_dat
10-28-2008, 05:01 PM
da parts are older and hard to find. haah

southside
10-28-2008, 05:16 PM
GTFO Da parts are easy to find go to any junkyard man!And if you really balling go to autozone or any auto part store and order parts brand new.... I've got Da brakes all the way around Full disc FTW!Even tho I hate how many sets of 13''s I have found for the low low....

six7teen
10-28-2008, 11:02 PM
i know for a fact that DC rear discs will work.. just keep your stock control arm and ebrake cable..

phuoc_dat
10-29-2008, 12:05 PM
anyone else second sixteen?