PDA

View Full Version : I don't like to talk up stuff that's not mine but...

OnURleft
10-27-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm really excited... Going with an extended family member to test drive a new "car." 2001 Ferrari 360 Challenge race car tubbed 04', new motor, new everything in a few days. We already got it but if we don't like how it drives we won't buy it. I can't wait, even though I won't pay a cent. Lately he has been moving up in his cars. Started off with an E30 S52 track car... a few years later we are up to a few E46 M3's and finally a Ferrari for Ferrari days. We have one E46 M3 enduro car we haven't even driven in a year.It's getting a little crazy where we keep them.. I can't wait to drive this thing. I'll post up how it is....

I'll post pics up of it at said selling place but won't be able to post pics of the whole fleet until they are away from where they are all stored for privacy reasons.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/95ltw/Ferrari_360_Challenge.jpg

AlanŽ
10-27-2008, 12:29 AM
360 Challenge FTMFW

SicStang03
10-27-2008, 12:31 AM
Pretty sure I saw a red challenge at a used car dealer on Roswell road yesterday.. same one?

AlanŽ
10-27-2008, 12:32 AM
I definitley wouldn't mind driving one

PSINXS
10-27-2008, 12:34 AM
ooo challenge stradale

OnURleft
10-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Pretty sure I saw a red challenge at a used car dealer on Roswell road yesterday.. same one?

No this not a Stradale (sp?) but an actual Ferrari Challenge race car that we will be driving at track days. It's not road legal, has solid aluminum bushings and was once very very competitive. I believe the motor was $75,000 to have built. Family member X who bought it got it from a friend and we got it because of the deal and the fact that we are no longer allowed to use our BMW track cars at Ferrari days (to many owners getting pissed as we pass them up) so we got a 360. I have personally never even driven a Ferrari so bringing me along to test drive a challenge race car for my first one should be interesting. It is going to be surreal turning laps in this thing

SicStang03
10-27-2008, 12:41 AM
No this not a Stradale (sp?) but an actual Ferrari Challenge race car that we will be driving at track days. It's not road legal, has solid aluminum bushings and was once very very competitive. I believe the motor was $75,000 to have built. Family member X who bought it got it from a friend and we got it because of the deal and the fact that we are no longer allowed to use our BMW track cars at Ferrari days (to many owners getting pissed as we pass them up) so we got a 360. I have personally never even driven a Ferrari so bringing me along to test drive a challenge race car for my first one should be interesting. It is going to be surreal turning laps in this thing

Don't eat before going out :crazy:

WickedIXMR
10-27-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm really excited... Going with an extended family member to test drive a new "car." 2001 Ferrari 360 Challenge race car tubbed 04', new motor, new everything in a few days. We already got it but if we don't like how it drives we won't buy it. I can't wait, even though I won't pay a cent. Lately he has been moving up in his cars. Started off with an E30 S52 track car... a few years later we are up to a few E46 M3's and finally a Ferrari for Ferrari days. We have one E46 M3 enduro car we haven't even driven in a year... I can't wait to drive this thing. I'll post up how it is....

I'll post pics up of it at said selling place but won't be able to post pics of the whole fleet until they are away from where they are all stored for privacy reasons.
I really been getting an itch to get one of those to road race it lately.

OnURleft
10-27-2008, 12:49 AM
I really been getting an itch to get one of those to road race it lately.

Well i'm selling a S52 3.2obd1 with shrick cams right now if your interested. It would be perfect for an E30. It's an amazing track set up and ready to go as it's obd1 converted already. Although I wouldn't recommend starting off with that much power if you have plans to go far and get seriously good at road racing.

But do get an E30 for your starter car. Just about all of my friends started on an E30. They are so predictable. I myself did as well. With a stock 3.2obd1 and suspension on the red car (1987 S52 E30) we are turning 1:39-1:42 laps on Road Atlanta and 2:35's on Road America. To put it in perspective his GMG Techmark E46 M3 race car only turns 37's or 38's with its at R.A.. So... you can make them run with little $ invested. However, they have really inferior rear suspension design which is why I will always prefer an E36. We are thinking about putting an S54 in the red car after we finish with mine but we will see.

Don't eat before going out :crazy:

Haha. I don't get motion sickness

WickedIXMR
10-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Well i'm selling a S52 3.2obd1 with shrick cams right now if your interested. It would be perfect for an E30. It's an amazing track set up and ready to go as it's obd1 converted already. Although I wouldn't recommend starting off with that much power if you have plans to go far and get seriously good at road racing.

But do get an E30 for your starter car. Just about all of my friends started on an E30. They are so predictable. I myself did as well. With a stock 3.2obd1 and suspension on the red car (1987 S52 E30) we are turning 1:39-1:42 laps on Road Atlanta and 2:35's on Road America. To put it in perspective his GMG Techmark E46 M3 race car only turns 37's or 38's with its at R.A.. So... you can make them run with little $ invested. However, they have really inferior rear suspension design which is why I will always prefer an E36. We are thinking about putting an S54 in the red car after we finish with mine but we will see.

Haha. I don't get motion sickness
Ehh i'd love to get into road racing but not just yet. I already have plans for my evo and sending to buschur racing soon hopefully and i want to get it into the 9's. I guess once im done with the evo ill deff get into road racing and ill either get a e30 or a e36 m3.

Psycho
10-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Ehh i'd love to get into road racing but not just yet. I already have plans for my evo and sending to buschur racing soon hopefully and i want to get it into the 9's. I guess once im done with the evo ill deff get into road racing and ill either get a e30 or a e36 m3.
Or you could mod your e46 and cruise around the race track, with the top down, pickin up bitches.

OnURleft
10-27-2008, 01:16 AM

9's will be fun. Eventually I will start my E34 project. I want to shoot for 10's in an E34 Touring with a super 2.8 and TRM kit but this a longgg way down the road.
We currently have an S54 going in my car and an S62 going in the enduro M3. If you'd like to check out road racing we will be at Road A. Nov. 29'th-30th. I've been trying to get Billy to come check it out so you can get a feel for it. It's addicting though so be careful. Had I not got involved with this so early i'd probably be into dragging more

Or you could mod your e46 and cruise around the race track, with the top down, pickin up bitches.

Haha. believe it or not you see E46 verts out there sometimes hauling as.s. I was on my way to purchasing Geordie Johnston's Alpine E46 vert but I just couldn't justify spending that much on something that was just pretty to look at.

WickedIXMR
10-27-2008, 01:22 AM
9's will be fun. Eventually I will start my E34 project. I want to shoot for 10's in an E34 Touring with a super 2.8 and TRM kit but this a longgg way down the road.
We currently have an S54 going in my car and an S62 going in the enduro M3. If you'd like to check out road racing we will be at Road A. Nov. 29'th-30th. I've been trying to get Billy to come check it out so you can get a feel for it. It's addicting though so be careful. Had I not got involved with this so early i'd probably be into dragging more

Haha. believe it or not you see E46 verts out there sometimes hauling as.s. I was on my way to purchasing Geordie Johnston's Alpine E46 vert but I just couldn't justify spending that much on something that was just pretty to look at.
Haha yea thats what i think too. I have a blast killing people at andrettis and cant imagine how much fun id have at a real track day. Ive been contemplating alot recently and i might just sell my m3 if i can get what i want for it and then invest in a diesal truck. I already got a car trailer. If i can sell my m3 im deff gonna get me a road race car and go all out on it.
PS: I would road race my m3 right now but i do not want to risk wrecking that car at the track which is why i want to go with a e30 or e36

OnURleft
10-27-2008, 01:33 AM
Haha yea thats what i think too. I have a blast killing people at andrettis and cant imagine how much fun id have at a real track day. Ive been contemplating alot recently and i might just sell my m3 if i can get what i want for it and then invest in a diesal truck. I already got a car trailer. If i can sell my m3 im deff gonna get me a road race car and go all out on it.
PS: I would road race my m3 right now but i do not want to risk wrecking that car at the track which is why i want to go with a e30 or e36

What do you want for it? It should sell quick in ATL. White is rare and people will bite on that.
Yes you have to right mind set. You do not want to track an expensive car or start on a heavily modified car. Just about every weekend some newb comes out in a modifed Turbo, crazy M3 or most frequently a vette trying to be Mr. fastest one out there right before he goes into the wall in his beginner run group. I lol at this. Just about any instructor you talk to will tell you he see's this all the time and we probably get a kick out of it....You really only see the crazy new cars in the newb groups (not to say there arn't many many instructors with badass cars) and 9 out of 10 who think some new badass car will make them a badass driver have done dozens of track days but still can't drive...
Anyone can go 150 on the back straight but it is 100x more rewarding to pass up a Z06 in a 220whp E30 or E36 because you actually learned how to turn in a car that will teach you how.

WickedIXMR
10-27-2008, 01:41 AM
What do you want for it? It should sell quick in ATL. White is rare and people will bite on that.
Yes you have to right mind set. You do not want to track an expensive car or start on a heavily modified car. Just about every weekend some newb comes out in a modifed Turbo, crazy M3 or most frequently a vette trying to be Mr. fastest one out there right before he goes into the wall in his beginner run group. I lol at this. Just about any instructor you talk to will tell you he see's this all the time and we probably get a kick out of it....You really only see the crazy new cars in the newb groups (not to say there arn't many many instructors with badass cars) and 9 out of 10 who think some new badass car will make them a badass driver have done dozens of track days but still can't drive...
Anyone can go 150 on the back straight but it is 100x more rewarding to pass up a Z06 in a 220whp E30 or E36 because you actually learned how to turn in a car that will teach you how.
Yup my point exactly why i wont track my evo or my m3. I want a car i can learn on and if i wreck ill just take the good parts off and the rest to the junk yard. As for my m3 i want to get around 40k for it. I know its high but its an 05 vert white with imola red interior, smg, nav, cold weather package, rear parking sensors, iforge wheels, bilstein pss10 coilovers and a bunch of other accessories and it only has 28k miles. I think its worth 40k but its just gonna be hard to find someone that will buy it in this market.

Psycho
10-27-2008, 01:46 AM
Yup my point exactly why i wont track my evo or my m3. I want a car i can learn on and if i wreck ill just take the good parts off and the rest to the junk yard. As for my m3 i want to get around 40k for it. I know its high but its an 05 vert white with imola red interior, smg, nav, cold weather package, rear parking sensors, iforge wheels, bilstein pss10 coilovers and a bunch of other accessories and it only has 28k miles. I think its worth 40k but its just gonna be hard to find someone that will buy it in this market.
You might have some competition with this guy.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=252863309&dealer_id=96639&car_year=2006&model=M3&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=75&marketZipError=false&color2=&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=WHITE&scarid=253317324&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=30024&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=14

WickedIXMR
10-27-2008, 01:49 AM
You might have some competition with this guy.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=252863309&dealer_id=96639&car_year=2006&model=M3&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=75&marketZipError=false&color2=&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=WHITE&scarid=253317324&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=30024&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=14
Haha. Oh well. My car has nav that one doesnt and my car has smg which that doesnt as well. Hopefully i can sell my car for what i want. Alot has been invested to it in such lil time lol.

Psycho
10-27-2008, 01:58 AM
Haha. Oh well. My car has nav that one doesnt and my car has smg which that doesnt as well. Hopefully i can sell my car for what i want. Alot has been invested to it in such lil time lol.
We should go take that other m3 on a test drive, and void the warranty by doing the launch control thing a couple times.

WickedIXMR
10-27-2008, 02:01 AM
We should go take that other m3 on a test drive, and void the warranty by doing the launch control thing a couple times.
That only works on smg transmissions you newb. The one you posted is a 6 speed. But ill still gladly rev it to 8k and dump the clutch as fast as i could and yanked it into second without pressing the clutch in.

Psycho
10-27-2008, 02:03 AM
That only works on smg transmissions you newb. The one you posted is a 6 speed. But ill still gladly rev it to 8k and dump the clutch as fast as i could and yanked it into second without pressing the clutch in.
lol then crash it through the dealership's showroom, and step out saying that your not interested.