PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question

MitsuEvo6
10-26-2008, 09:32 PM
So I got a ticket for 11 over at 345 in the mornin. It equals out to 61 bucks (36 forfeiture and 25 processing). Would it be less or more if I do the court date instead of just paying it? Is there a way to keep them from getting to the insurance? Thanks in advance for advice.

Barefoot
10-27-2008, 08:48 AM
go to court and then u have to add court fee on to that 61. if its a moving violation they will find out sooner or later.

seanrg1116
10-27-2008, 09:09 AM
most tickets in ga get dropped in ga if they are less than 14 over the speed limit

O.C.G.A. ¡ì 40-5-57 provides a schedule for the assessment of ¡°points¡± against a Georgia driver¡¯s license. Below is a listing of traffic offenses and the points which are assessed under O.C.G.A. ¡ì 40-5-57 for each offense:

Aggressive driving = 6 points
Reckless driving = 4 points
Unlawful passing of a school bus = 6 points
Improper passing on a hill or a curve = 4 points
Exceeding the speed limit, 14 MPH < Violation < 19 MPH = 2 points
Exceeding the speed limit, 19 MPH ¡Ü Violation < 24 MPH = 3 points
Exceeding the speed limit, 24 MPH ¡Ü Violation < 34 MPH = 4 points
Exceeding the speed limit, 34 MPH ¡Ü Violation = 6 points
Disobedience of any traffic-control device or traffic officer = 3 points
Too fast for conditions = 0 points
Possessing an open container of an alcoholic beverage while driving = 2 points
Failure to adequately secure a load, except fresh farm produce, resulting in loss of such load onto the roadway which results in an accident = 2 points
Violation of child safety restraint requirements, first offense = 1 point
Violation of child safety restraint requirements, second or subsequent offense = 2 points
All other moving traffic violations which are not speed limit violations = 3 points

DDS Agency Rule 375-3-3-.01 -- Moving Traffic Violations Defined

seanrg1116
10-27-2008, 09:10 AM
go to court and it should get dropped so all u have 2 pay is the court cost

Kaiser
10-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Why would it get dropped if he goes to an arraignment calendar? If Marietta City has separate arraignment and trial for moving violations, I'd assume most LARGER metro area courts would do the same thing (Mostly because it saves boatloads of time). If you go and plead not guilty there's every chance you'll get bounced to another court date for a real trial. Since you didn't post up where you got the ticket, you might just wanna go find out for yourself how the traffic court works in that Jurisdiction. It's different everywhere you go.

MitsuEvo6
10-27-2008, 07:38 PM
it was in kansas on a military post. but im a licensed driver in ga, still have my georgia id

Schugg
10-27-2008, 07:54 PM
if your in the military then yeah thats no good, screwed either way. as for if your not whoever signed you on base will get in trouble, and they probably just leave it at that. i know here if you get a ticket its dealt with on base.

MitsuEvo6
10-27-2008, 08:13 PM
i am military, and it was a county cop on post. they work with the mp's.

Schugg
10-27-2008, 08:26 PM
hmm, not sure how that would work, we dont have local cops on base, i barely see them off base. since its on base, im not sure how they would be about dropping it since its low, and for insurance i dont think small tickets like that raise your rate do they? i never really got small tickets, i always went all out....unfortunately