PDA

View Full Version : Recap of the old school Japanese meets from 2008...

quickdodgeŽ
10-26-2008, 01:12 PM
This is something that I've wanted to do for a while. Baby J and I talked about this on numerous occasions but never thought we would get anywhere because of not really knowing if the people were out there. That's when Dave and John from came in. They wanted to do the same. We had the first meet at Buford Dam in June and it turned quite well for a first time, no notice type event. About 40 cars showed up. The second one, in August, had a bit more notification and a GREAT location at Fort Yargo State Park in Winder and close to 50 made an appearance. With a flyer and constant postings along several message boards brought out around 60 cars for the event held in October at Mary Alice Park. This is the best location to date.

In this 5 month span, we've gone from just talk to a steadily increasing amount of guests at three events. We want more. From the convos I've had with Dave, we're going to try to make 2009 a very good year for the old school folks. Between Dave, his crew, Baby J and I, we've got a lot of ideas on the table and we're going to put some really cool stuff out there.

Thanks to all who have helped and participated in this. Special thanks to Dave, John and the gang over there for really kicking this off the ground.

Keep an eye out for 2009.

Later, QD.

Nissan Sean
10-26-2008, 01:17 PM
always good to have more people!

tdurr
10-26-2008, 02:04 PM
I shal bring my accord(hopefully its old school enough) out to one of these.

quickdodgeŽ
10-26-2008, 02:17 PM
It's not, by the guidelines, but bring it out anyway. That way, Mushroom Toy won't be so lonely. He brought his out. Later, QD.

tdurr
10-26-2008, 02:50 PM
yea, if i would have known he was going yesterday i would have helped him rep the 3geez. lol

87 Turbo II
10-26-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm definitely going to bring the Rx-7 to one of these things in 09.

dimer4life
10-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Hopefully I'll have a 510 ready by then.

quickdodgeŽ
10-29-2008, 05:42 AM
Hopefully I'll have a 510 ready by then.

I hope so, too, man. I'm ready for this to get pretty big next year. We've got some real nice ideas being dealt on the table that we'll sort through over the winter. And I do mean real nice, lolol.

Another positive...we have now been recognized as the South's largest Japanese Old School car meet. We may be the only one, but being recognized period is a very good start.

So everyone get your cars set over the winter (I know i am) and do it to it.

Later, QD.