PDA

View Full Version : 5speed problem

90_ACCORD
10-26-2008, 12:02 AM
ok so todaY I went to move my car and when i got in my clutch was all the way to the ground. I started the car and it started kind of rough. The clutch would go all the way in but it would not move back out. I went to put it in gear and it would not go at all. The clutch was all the way down but i could not get it into gear to save my life. I had to turn the car off put it in gear then turn the car back on just so i could move it. Although when i did that i had the clutch to the ground, let off the break, and the car just moved on its own like it was an automatic. It was really rough to when i did move it.

Any ideas of what could be wrong?

BlkCD5
10-26-2008, 12:21 AM
damn im having the same prob. It could be a throwout bearing, pressure plate or just your synchro's. Have you ever changed the tranny fluid or adjusting the pedal a bit? Also you could try bleeding the clutch system.

Schugg
10-26-2008, 08:19 AM
i would say check your fluid, or flush it out. pretty easy to do yourself. the pedal goes to the floor when it looses pressure. loosen the bleed valve (by the transmission) and if you have the right equipment suck it out while pouring new in, if not fill the resivour up (make sure it always has fluid, dont let it get down to the bottom you will get air in the lines) and push the brake down and have something hold it there, i usually use a bar or stick, tighten the valve, and you will have to pull the pedal back up each time. when clean fluid comes out the other end tighten it and keep pumping the pedal to see if it gets pressure back. you will do alot of going back and forth between pedal and bleeding it, but if you have 2 people its alot faster. if that doesn't work it could be the master cylinder, i know the one for my brakes went out and as i would sit holding the break, it would start with pressure, then slowly start to go to the floor. could be similar, but i had to replace it to fix that

hondaxpurt
10-26-2008, 08:21 AM
i would say check your fluid, or flush it out. pretty easy to do yourself. the pedal goes to the floor when it looses pressure. loosen the bleed valve (by the transmission) and if you have the right equipment suck it out while pouring new in, if not fill the resivour up (make sure it always has fluid, dont let it get down to the bottom you will get air in the lines) and push the brake down and have something hold it there, i usually use a bar or stick, tighten the valve, and you will have to pull the pedal back up each time. when clean fluid comes out the other end tighten it and keep pumping the pedal to see if it gets pressure back. you will do alot of going back and forth between pedal and bleeding it, but if you have 2 people its alot faster. if that doesn't work it could be the master cylinder, i know the one for my brakes went out and as i would sit holding the break, it would start with pressure, then slowly start to go to the floor. could be similar, but i had to replace it to fix that

good write up!!! :goodjob:

he is right, i would try bleeding the lines first, and if that doesnt work, more than likely its your clutch master cylinder

Schugg
10-26-2008, 08:26 AM
damn im having the same prob. It could be a throwout bearing, pressure plate or just your synchro's. Have you ever changed the tranny fluid or adjusting the pedal a bit? Also you could try bleeding the clutch system.

not so sure its any of that, say a normal full push of the clutch pedal would cause the throw out bearing to push forward into the clutch 1in(example to real specs), allowing it fully release it. if his pedal lost pressure, when he is pressing it, what normally lead to an inch of engagement at the bearing with a full push would now only get a 1/4inch or so. so then he would not be able to get it in gear even though its to the floor, and would also cause it to auto drive when its pre-placed in gear, because he cannot press the clutch enough to release the disc

BlkCD5
10-26-2008, 12:45 PM
I did everything listed above and the problem came back months later.

jcs
10-26-2008, 12:49 PM
thats what i would have done bleed the slave and pump it back see if you get any pedal if not it could be a lot of stuff.lol.gl

Tech5
10-26-2008, 03:19 PM
clutch master cylinder/slave cylinder!

90_ACCORD
10-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks everyone
i did some of that and ive got it to where it will shift and i can drive it but i still think i need to get those parts replaced so it will run perfect again

Barefoot
10-27-2008, 08:54 AM
clutch master cylinder/slave cylinder!:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::good job:

90_ACCORD
10-27-2008, 11:05 AM
clutch master cylinder/slave cylinder!

yeah that was it right there. plus one other thing i cant remember. costin me some good cash tho which im not happy about but atleast its gonna be back on the road.

Papa_Smurf
10-27-2008, 11:08 AM
grno you get it all fixed kid?

EmminoDaGreat
10-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Check you master cyl, see if it is leaking inside the car, check the fluid level. Bleed the system if you can, and have someone watch the slave cyl when you push the pedal down to make sure its not bleeding of internally....

90_ACCORD
10-27-2008, 11:01 PM
grno you get it all fixed kid?

naw they said its gonna be ready in the morning. its at the shop now and they went to order a hose from honda but they didnt have it but they said it will be there in the morning so once it is there gonna put it on and its gonna be all good.

Papa_Smurf
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
where'd you take it to?

Tech5
10-28-2008, 04:55 PM
they had to order the hose, due to RUST

90_ACCORD
10-28-2008, 07:54 PM
where'd you take it to?

same place as always.

but it fixed now and its running great

Nubz
10-30-2008, 11:43 PM
heres an idea grno, dont buy a 1990 accord from some dude that sits at a desk all day and pretends to work on cars. how much shit was already wrong with it?. your engine is not rebuilt. he lied. but if its running cool..good luck in a few months when you need a new car.

slimm
10-31-2008, 10:07 PM
if all the shit everybody is saying doesnt work, check your clutch master cylinder (if you have a hydro tranny). if its a cable clutch, i dont know what to tell you bruh. maybe its time for a new cable.

Atlblkz06
11-01-2008, 09:03 AM
If you got it fixed, how'd they fix it?